Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Future of AAO25.com  (Read 24570 times)

Offline k!cker

• View Profile
  • AA: k!cker
Re: Future of AAO25.com
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 22:00:27 PM »
This thread is full of win.

Offline ZakuAce

• Needs moar ROE
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Wednesday, November 14, 2012, 01:30:57 AM »
- Jared hacking down the aao25.com site (by stealing my password, removing some files, deleting all user accounts)

now that's funny

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #62 on: Wednesday, November 14, 2012, 03:05:37 AM »
The E-Mail sent to Sergio?

yes, please. so we all can see what we are looking for in future of aa2assist

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #63 on: Wednesday, November 14, 2012, 03:08:59 AM »
The only thing I'm worried about is people wanting to change the game. When it was the original group of admins we all agreed that we should keep the game just as the devs made it. New maps and security updates were fine but gameplay changes were off limits. I really hope that policy continues for whoever gets the project.

yes, completly agree with that. leave the soul and body of this game as it is, please!

Offline Alex

« Reply #64 on: Wednesday, November 14, 2012, 13:18:26 PM »
Apart from lacking physics support the linux client is very good, you could not make a better port. The assist client on linux is not great.
This game has no future on windows, it wont work on win8.
And it won't work on the newest version of mac. If it goes Linux only there will be nobody playing it.

Offline waNted

« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, November 14, 2012, 14:20:06 PM »
if and when i am part of the proect only small things will be changed but since everything is edited in realbasic not alot will be changed without being told to change something and for the game i was a beta tester before and help do some of the codding for the game and i know my way around the code and for maps i know how to make basic maps like the SF Watertreatment that was a map i made for the game it was an easy map and something that i can add back into the game is the mini map that is easy since i know the old code for it but it would just need to be enabled on the maps so they will show for everyone to see and use and if there is other things people wanted add or fixxed if and when i am part of the project i will make sure everything gets done and fixxed so everyone is happy
Have the mini map back would be a veeeery nice thing
they see me ROLLIN' they HATIN'

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #66 on: Wednesday, November 14, 2012, 14:46:19 PM »
hihi, called radar :D
yes give it back as i was asking for.

Offline voxik

« Reply #67 on: Wednesday, November 14, 2012, 17:07:20 PM »
- No radar. It's awesome now, casual. Radar is bad idea.

I don't agree with you. I think that the radar restory is a good idea. Now, a lot of people have a high roe, because they don't know where the other players are.

Offline [Majestic]tidididi

« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, November 14, 2012, 17:17:06 PM »
We used to play without any gay radar since 2002 until 2.8.5 release. It's really useless.

It's only nothing worth gadget. We need other, more important things and updates. Radar should be 99th in the queue.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, November 14, 2012, 17:20:07 PM by [Majestic]tidididi »

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #69 on: Wednesday, November 14, 2012, 17:19:10 PM »
IMO, it would be cool to have/make a new radar. We had one in the process of being built but Crusade stopped work on it and there's no good way to add it into Assist without adding a loophole for hackers. That being said, I thought it was pretty cool:

Friendly radar with color that changes depending on their health. The HUD also matches your chosen HUD color.

tidididi, we also used to use computers without a GUI. I guess that's pretty useless too?
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline waNted

« Reply #70 on: Wednesday, November 14, 2012, 17:20:04 PM »
In matches it's useless if u communicate well, but in pub it's a different story :D

« Reply #71 on: Wednesday, November 14, 2012, 17:22:02 PM »
Gimme setconsolewidth 99 and possibility to change crosshair size and hud opacity. And, the most important, cvars. That's enough- I will be 100% happy with it.

AA was, and is, one of the games without radar. That's why it's not mainstream shit.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, November 14, 2012, 17:24:33 PM by [Majestic]tidididi »

Offline waNted

« Reply #72 on: Wednesday, November 14, 2012, 17:25:15 PM »
Gimme setconsolewidth 99 and possibility to change crosshair size and hud opacity. And, the most important, cvars. That's enough- I will be 100% happy with it.

AA was, and is, one of the games without radar. That's why it's not mainstream shit.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #73 on: Wednesday, November 14, 2012, 17:35:13 PM »

You're sooooo lucky I don't know RealBasic and UScript and don't run the project :)

Seeing friendlies on a minimap is more unrealistic than it is in a radar. A radar gives you a sense of depth and more of an insight in how your team is laid out across a map.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

« Reply #74 on: Wednesday, November 14, 2012, 17:38:50 PM »
Well, the poinf of view is different. I'm not running the project and I'm just a little beattle here. Shitness of radar/minimap is just my opinion.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager