Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Getting New Players  (Read 15015 times)

Offline Petrol

Re: Getting New Players
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 14:13:15 PM »
Should i hack it again?

Offline Lord-of-War

• Loyal Member
  • La vida no vale nada
    • View Profile
  • AA: Lord-of-War
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 15:01:05 PM »
Make "The Fireman" moderator of the
shoutbox and there will be eternal peace

Lord-of-War  :style:
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 15:16:05 PM by Lord-of-War »
"the world is basically a forced labor camp from which the workers - all innocents - are led forth by lottery, a few each day, to be executed," Cormac McCarthy

Offline august

• Respected Members
    • View Profile
  • AA: Avguste
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 18:56:29 PM »
The biggest battle would be integrating it into Assist. If you can figure out how to add IRC to a RealBasic project, that might be a way to go. Maybe.

The shoutbox will not be removed, it is more of an asset than a negative. It can be moderated (users banned and shouts deleted) but the issue is that it's NOT being moderated. I've mentioned privately that an option would be to setup a better moderator team on AAO25 and set the shoutbox to be managed by moderators, not just admins.

That would be a solution. A moderator team supervised by a community manager. And the community manager would report to the administrators

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 03:10:17 AM »
i did think about other options.

not that long time ago, there have been matches and scrims all around with aa2. for example at the "German's e-League", which do manage and host a lot of the actual games like aapg, cod, ww2...

and there was also a small community who did matches for aa2. and this was, in my eyes, a real good commercial part. all others (almost thousends) of players did see that aa2 is running and having matches.

the not so good thing about it at all is, that its written only in the german language. but i will try to ask about a implementation there for a multilanguage register section. then it would be easy to have professional hosted matches again. and without the hacking/macro using players, it will be much more interesting at all.

further we could make then at assist something like banner, telling all the players (like at assist/browser section) that matches are active and they could join, having a try. 2 goals for me then: 1st - other players will see that aa2 is still running and even playing matches. 2nd - there is somthing new to aa2 again.

and to take care about the reason why this did die, we could start (i can arrange that for sure) with a season for 2vs2, then it's easy to make the match dates with other players/clans.

what would you all think about that idea? who would like to play matches again - in a small way to start (2vs2)? it all about having activity and fun, at a part where other players play other games. beeing able to see that aa2 is a "new" game for some of them, or just recognize aa2 is still alive.

let me know - i would try to arrange that - but i need feedback about; the idea and the players.

thank you

http://www.desbl.de/index.php?page=Portal

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Vegeta
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 04:05:09 AM »
I like your motivation !

I totally agree with the shoutbox thing, I believe it is scaring some people away to see some people arguing about this and that ...

And about busgang, is it like chevyplace? Same concept?
And this coming from the biggest mouth in the shoutbox.
Words are great possed but the tune is crap. A condeming fear strikes down
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
Laying your guilt and pain. On people that had no part in the molding of a life
That creates its destruction. Lies. Right before your very eyes
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment
Reaching into the minds of those that created. The depression in which they
In which they drowned their flesh and blood. Lies. So easy to blame the
Everlasting fear on a pathetic attempt. To justify the ending of life. Lies
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny
Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment

Offline Ganja

« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 06:27:14 AM »
And this coming from the biggest mouth in the shoutbox.

When's the last time you saw me saying something negative in it?

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 08:39:14 AM »
i didn't see that at the shoutbox about 10 hrs ago alredy the idea about competitions was ongoing. but in fact a reason more to think about that at all. but we should start with an "external" competition provider, because other players there will recognize that aa2 still is running.

Offline august

• Respected Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 09:32:37 AM »
FraggedNation is probably your best bet. Only need 1 person to run tournaments there and no need to get some admin to agree.

Offline [K][K].187

« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 09:55:19 AM »
more rules and changes daily =  less players  =  less fun .

before 2.5  and 2.8.5 was shut down  there was hundreds

now we lost hundreds

how to bring them back ?? 
how about we try to keep the ones we have first ??

Offline Petrol

« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 10:05:42 AM »
We have to renew the game( get original one from US, or rewrite new one). We also may try to get founds from kicstarter. We laso may renew assist. But first we have to get known about each other http://aao25.com/forum/games-programming/show-us-your-skilz!/

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 10:07:57 AM »
I admire that you want to increase our player base, Petrol, but as has been said time and time again, making a new game will do just that, make a new game. It won't be the same. It won't attract the same people.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline august

• Respected Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 10:10:45 AM »
more rules and changes daily =  less players  =  less fun .

before 2.5  and 2.8.5 was shut down  there was hundreds

now we lost hundreds

how to bring them back ?? 
how about we try to keep the ones we have first ??

generally, server rules are left to server owners.
Raptr has about 17k players on its AA community http://raptr.com/game/Americas-Army-Special-Forces and the only way to get some of them back is to post news/info on there just like what I did.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 10:14:28 AM »
generally, server rules are left to server owners.
Raptr has about 17k players on its AA community http://raptr.com/game/Americas-Army-Special-Forces and the only way to get some of them back is to post news/info on there just like what I did.
I would be willing to bet that most of them are there from the time before Assist and unless there's been news about us there they don't even know about the project.

And I don't know exactly how raptr works, but since you do, I believe it would be welcome for someone to post news about AA2.5 and/or Assist there.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline [K][K].187

« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 10:15:53 AM »
i have tried to post every where i know , even sent 100 messages via private in battle trackers...

i have gotten some people back but others  never log in BT  or read messages any more.

i agree with what you say  more talk more chance..

Offline august

• Respected Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 10:21:52 AM »
That is my point. Constant PR needs to be done. I already posted on Raptr and will continue to post news on there.

Also, as mentioned in this thread, we need an "About" section?

Are the official signatures ready to go?

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager