Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Getting New Players  (Read 14790 times)

Offline august

• Respected Members
    • View Profile
  • AA: Avguste
Re: Getting New Players
« Reply #75 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 19:59:41 PM »
I think this thread is being hijacked.  You can talk about team switching all you want, at the end of the day it will not bring fresh blood AA Assist.  So please get back to the subject of the thread which is how to get new, fresh blood in AA Assist.

We have a wonderful game already done and playable. We need new people, fresh blood and we need to find a way to keep that fresh blood here. And it is not by arguing in public, being mean to each other that it will happen.

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #76 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 20:05:54 PM »
We had 200 players, there are so many new activated accounts but they don't log in back? why? I have already stated in other thread. Players look at the game and after some time they just get bored and they just go on cod or some other game where they can have fun, AA was never supposed to be a serious game, it had a fun side too.

Offline Dialects

« Reply #77 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 20:06:37 PM »
A quick update on the promotional banners:

I haven't had the time to kick on with it yet due to how work (a rather tedious design commission if you're curious) has been eating most of my time. If all goes according to plan I might have something somewhere today or the day after.

Just figured I'd chim in & update you w/ the news.

- Dialects
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

Offline Ganja

« Reply #78 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 20:09:57 PM »
I think this thread is being hijacked.  You can talk about team switching all you want, at the end of the day it will not bring fresh blood AA Assist.  So please get back to the subject of the thread which is how to get new, fresh blood in AA Assist.

We have a wonderful game already done and playable. We need new people, fresh blood and we need to find a way to keep that fresh blood here. And it is not by arguing in public, being mean to each other that it will happen.

Looking at the account activations there is fresh blood man, but people don't stay ..

Offline august

• Respected Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 20:11:18 PM »
We had 200 players, there are so many new activated accounts but they don't log in back? why? I have already stated in other thread. Players look at the game and after some time they just get bored and they just go on cod or some other game where they can have fun, AA was never supposed to be a serious game, it had a fun side too.

In my opinion, they don't log back on because they see the low level of players active. For a game such as this, in game activity is even more important than forum activity.
And again, what I have said before: constant PR to gaming sites, former players you know and so forth

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #80 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 20:13:36 PM »
In my opinion, they don't log back on because they see the low level of players active. For a game such as this, in game activity is even more important than forum activity.
And again, what I have said before: constant PR to gaming sites, former players you know and so forth

Thats what WE have done in the past couple years, the same thing you talking about. All these years the main purpose was and still is to bring new players in.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #81 on: Thursday, February 12, 2015, 01:17:45 AM »
You are totally right. But nobody gets paid for running this game. There is only a finite amount of time that can be sacrificed for free.

I believe the lion share of PR should be handled by the community itself.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline august

• Respected Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: Thursday, February 12, 2015, 08:51:01 AM »
You are absolutely right. The community itself needs to help promote the game, however for some major promotions like gaming sites and such, the admins need to step up

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #83 on: Thursday, February 12, 2015, 17:42:47 PM »
The majority of admins here are busy with other things. Either keeping AA running or keeping the forums going or just busy with life stuff.

I see no reason why, Avguste, you couldn't do it. My only request in the matter would be to create a unified account. Keep the username & password the same, something like "25Assist" or something that we can all access. Write up a draft of a post and keep it here, use official logos and nice screenshots. That way, more than just 1 person can access it and answer questions, things like that.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline august

• Respected Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: Thursday, February 12, 2015, 19:57:57 PM »
Already did that for Raptr. As far as the unified login, I don't like the idea because then different users cant bump the topic :) With individual logins, 1 person could create the topic, then we could all bump the specific topic/vote and so forth... :D

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager