Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Getting New Players  (Read 15017 times)

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: Getting New Players
« Reply #60 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 10:22:15 AM »
i have tried to post every where i know , even sent 100 messages via private in battle trackers...

i have gotten some people back but others  never log in BT  or read messages any more.

i agree with what you say  more talk more chance..
BT wise it would be best to use their tools to email the people instead of PMing them.

Here's where you can find the email button:
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #61 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 10:44:21 AM »
i have tried to post every where i know , even sent 100 messages via private in battle trackers...

i have gotten some people back but others  never log in BT  or read messages any more.

i agree with what you say  more talk more chance..

i would like to say that you should start to read the whole forum about what has be done the last 12 month to get players back. then maybe there is no need to post the players at bt :)

most guys of you all do play other games like dod, ww2, wot and aapg. go there and talk to them about aa2 assist and how easy it is installed for free. some will join then. another hard way to get new players, but it works.

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #62 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 11:30:49 AM »
i did think about other options.

not that long time ago, there have been matches and scrims all around with aa2. for example at the "German's e-League", which do manage and host a lot of the actual games like aapg, cod, ww2...

and there was also a small community who did matches for aa2. and this was, in my eyes, a real good commercial part. all others (almost thousends) of players did see that aa2 is running and having matches.

the not so good thing about it at all is, that its written only in the german language. but i will try to ask about a implementation there for a multilanguage register section. then it would be easy to have professional hosted matches again. and without the hacking/macro using players, it will be much more interesting at all.

further we could make then at assist something like banner, telling all the players (like at assist/browser section) that matches are active and they could join, having a try. 2 goals for me then: 1st - other players will see that aa2 is still running and even playing matches. 2nd - there is somthing new to aa2 again.

and to take care about the reason why this did die, we could start (i can arrange that for sure) with a season for 2vs2, then it's easy to make the match dates with other players/clans.

what would you all think about that idea? who would like to play matches again - in a small way to start (2vs2)? it all about having activity and fun, at a part where other players play other games. beeing able to see that aa2 is a "new" game for some of them, or just recognize aa2 is still alive.

let me know - i would try to arrange that - but i need feedback about; the idea and the players.

thank you

http://www.desbl.de/index.php?page=Portal
Sound good idear 2vs2  ore 3vs3  But if its possible on Assist TS and so far its possible english talk and whit a 2 ghost watcher, (referee)

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Vegeta
« Reply #63 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 11:36:13 AM »
When's the last time you saw me saying something negative in it?

last time I spoke in it. week ago?
Words are great possed but the tune is crap. A condeming fear strikes down
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
Laying your guilt and pain. On people that had no part in the molding of a life
That creates its destruction. Lies. Right before your very eyes
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment
Reaching into the minds of those that created. The depression in which they
In which they drowned their flesh and blood. Lies. So easy to blame the
Everlasting fear on a pathetic attempt. To justify the ending of life. Lies
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny
Your part in the demise of a life

Offline Ganja

« Reply #64 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 11:40:17 AM »
Sound good idear 2vs2  ore 3vs3  But if its possible on Assist TS and so far its possible english talk and whit a 2 ghost watcher, (referee)

Please Vanoke, try to understand that in competition "ghosting" is allowed. It's pretty usefull for teamwork.

Online Bart!

« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 12:09:39 PM »
Please Vanoke, try to understand that in competition "ghosting" is allowed. It's pretty usefull for teamwork.
Ghosting is still subjective anyways.
As long as you can not see enemies positions by spectating and use first person view only, I do not see the real issue of using ts.

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 12:30:35 PM »
Ghosting is still subjective anyways.
As long as you can not see enemies positions by spectating and use first person view only, I do not see the real issue of using ts.
100% agree.

In fact, I've seen far worse than TS being used. I know of 2 brothers who often palyed next to eachother. Now when 1 of them was dead and the other got flashed, the flashed guy could just look at the screen next to him and walk away as if not flashed, hell they even killed people this way...

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 13:05:13 PM »
You had player loads of them. But selfish ass holes hiding on the easy side/joining the winning team/ point grabbers. You know them all. Most of then lived for AA 2.5 and cant give it up. There still here and still ripping it up with noobs who want take that shit for long so they leave and they dont recommend it as a good game. The game is ruined by selfish players who need to win at any cost. They have no real honour. yada yada you all know what I am saying and have been saying for years. I banned 3000 of these ass holes from my server.
So fun the old days
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny

Offline Ganja

« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 13:15:29 PM »
You had player loads of them. But selfish ass holes hiding on the easy side/joining the winning team/ point grabbers. You know them all. Most of then lived for AA 2.5 and cant give it up. There still here and still ripping it up with noobs who want take that shit for long so they leave and they dont recommend it as a good game. The game is ruined by selfish players who need to win at any cost. They have no real honour. yada yada you all know what I am saying and have been saying for years. I banned 3000 of these ass holes from my server.
So fun the old days

Well sadly you're absolutely right on this in my opinion. I used to be a defence whore too, mainly because I was a fragwhore at some point, but now things have changed and, believe it or not, I always try to play assault when possible.

Like I said in another topic, I took a few months break, and when I come back I still see the same people systematically joining defence and playing as if it was a real life war. It's very boring, especially on the defence-sided maps like Bridge, Pipe, or Weapons Cache.

It's boring because it makes you play against the same people all the time (with always the same tactics) and it's annoying for new players who join Assault and play against players with 2+ fragrate and 2000+ hours. I totally understand these new players get bored after hours of gameplay and no kills at all.

Few weeks ago there aws a lot of talk about a automatic team switcher, but I'm not sure if it's live or not.

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 13:30:44 PM »
There is no automatic team swithcer, but there is the admin command "ASS" which switches all players.
The players have the possibility of remaining as far as I know, though.

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 13:38:18 PM »
Me an Ganja agree. can anyone hear birds signing or is it just me

Offline Petrol

« Reply #71 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 13:47:31 PM »
I can! Come and renew assist!

Online Bart!

« Reply #72 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 16:35:44 PM »
So fun the old days
I know what you mean, it's very hard for new players nowadays

I used to play more often a few weeks ago, on bridge I usually go assault, on hospital I usually go ambush, as they are the harder sides imo, but you can clearly see some players prefer to go the same side doing the same thing over and over again.

It's very hard for new players to get a hang on this game, but I think that's also due to some other things. If you look at AA:PG, you have VOIP, and you actually see some players helping each other (also trolling, sadly enough). But that actually helps new players getting the hang of it.

Fact is, this game is VERY difficult for newer players, because a mistake punishes you so hard here, most people give up quite easily.

That also has to do with mentality of current generation, most are used to games you can quickly get into, kill, get killed, respawn, come back, play. However, this game is different, and I think that many people are not used to that and do not want to dedicate themself for too long to learn this game to cope with many players who have played this game for a long time.

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 18:11:06 PM »
Aalliluya we have another agreement. I see known campers I know them all. I see them come in and wiat until they can get def. The rejoin or sit waiting just to get on def. Fear is an awfull thing. My own bro was scared of being killed and losing his frag rate/ kill death rate score. What a joke I hate that. I have half a million ROE that I got on my server killing ass holes that broke the rules. I got to a point were Tking was more fun than the game. But only with ass holes. I actully lived for that for a while. Loved hearing them all talk saying come on . I would say oh I am coming have no faers lol Loved it. Then they ALL barr a very few. Went running to admin or who ever for help. Please leave me I just wanna play lol. I had many say I am sorry. And as soon as they did I was done. There are still many of these clowns still doing the same thing here today. And they hate me lol. I dont hate anyone I really enjoy it what ever way it goes.

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #74 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 18:38:36 PM »
The only way for assist to get and try bring players is by sponsoring.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager