Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: AA2.5 Assist v7.32  (Read 32599 times)

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

Re: AA2.5 Assist v7.3
« Reply #45 on: Friday, July 05, 2013, 16:59:44 PM »
its summer ppl dont sit next to the pc and play aa

really you are something special. I do not like people like you are. are you teacher or what.
and btw it isn't edit you noob, it is modify.
and if you do so, no one will read it again. and what are you doing in here. post post post, but not realy anything good.

and do not cry about, but YOU will never play on my servers again. but it is ok I guess.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #46 on: Friday, July 05, 2013, 17:01:11 PM »
especially in summer, while all kids are on vacations..lmao 4 days ago there were around 150 players online

completely agree with you!
and I count now the players - every day at 21.00 CEST.
today it was 101 player, 16 on modded servers.

let's see, already less then before, but maybe because of the sunshine out there :)

Offline 82nd_DXO_COL=Shad

« Reply #47 on: Friday, July 05, 2013, 17:07:34 PM »
I'd like to request an exception for mapvote.u
It's majority player voting for servermaps when admin isn't on

Offline exception

« Reply #48 on: Friday, July 05, 2013, 17:13:58 PM »
I've heard very little positive things about AA4. I guess we'll see. Also, your post about Pipeline being a balanced map for mods  is pretty untrue. It's a defense oriented map already, and mods just perpetuate that. Getting 203/RPG'd/SF scoped/incendiary'd from 3 different entrances and every other noob sitting in main pump isn't fun. Added to that fact was that anyone who didn't want to use SF guns was at a disadvantage meaning that there was not really any gun variety. There is a reason why SF Pipeline was always far less popular than normal pipeline. Noobs nowadays are just looking for easy kills.
It's a terrible time for an (huge) update like this, it's summer time and people rather spend time out other than playing, haters will compare the amount of players in Assist. Anyway i think it's great update, but i know this isn't gonna bring new players, and probably the number will also decrease, however, the game, now, it is played as it should be.
This. Also, mods killed off a lot of the population in the first place. I don't know if it's too late to bring them back, it probably is. Hard to compare people leaving the game now to the numbers of people who left when mods came.

Offline 82nd_DXO_COL=Shad

« Reply #49 on: Friday, July 05, 2013, 17:29:28 PM »
I've heard very little positive things about AA4. I guess we'll see. Also, your post about Pipeline being a balanced map for mods  is pretty untrue. It's a defense oriented map already, and mods just perpetuate that. Getting 203/RPG'd/SF scoped/incendiary'd from 3 different entrances and every other noob sitting in main pump isn't fun.

The skill came in overcoming those obstacles with a good assault team with experienced players.  It was more about team planning than individual equality.  I'll admit though, having noobs camping on assault has been a tough challenge to deal with.  I'm not hating the change, just voicing my opinions and observations.  I can't speak for everybody who has tested AA4, but I can say it is a definite improvement over AA3.  Those that play Rambo will probably not like it, as it requires team cooperation.

Offline IGC Wolf^

• Banned
    • View Profile
  • AA: Banned
« Reply #50 on: Friday, July 05, 2013, 17:32:03 PM »
really you are something special. I do not like people like you are. are you teacher or what.
and btw it isn't edit you noob, it is modify.
and if you do so, no one will read it again. and what are you doing in here. post post post, but not realy anything good.

and do not cry about, but YOU will never play on my servers again. but it is ok I guess.

Never played on your server and never will, good luck to you too on IGC:)

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #51 on: Friday, July 05, 2013, 17:37:35 PM »
no. I knew you are a noob:

05/24/13 13:52:56 AccessControl: Checking Ban Policy for: Name==IGC=B!@c[k]-Wolf^; IP=92.18.195.34; MAC=20:16:d8:8d:xxxxxx
05/29/13 15:16:39 AccessControl: Checking Ban Policy for: Name==IGC=B!@c[k]-Wolf^; IP=92.18.166.154; MAC=20:16:d8:8d:xxxxxx
05/30/13 14:43:14 AccessControl: Checking Ban Policy for: Name==IGC=B!@c[k]-Wolf^; IP=92.18.212.30; MAC=20:16:d8:8d:xxxx

I stopped now with searching. looool.
now bye

Jared

« Reply #52 on: Friday, July 05, 2013, 17:40:24 PM »
Its nice to finally see a drastic update, its about time. Next please remove all of the old as maps, and make way for the developers of maap.

Offline IGC Wolf^

• Banned
    • View Profile
  • AA: Banned
« Reply #53 on: Friday, July 05, 2013, 17:51:11 PM »
no. I knew you are a noob:

05/24/13 13:52:56 AccessControl: Checking Ban Policy for: Name==IGC=B!@c[k]-Wolf^; IP=92.18.195.34; MAC=20:16:d8:8d:xxxxxx
05/29/13 15:16:39 AccessControl: Checking Ban Policy for: Name==IGC=B!@c[k]-Wolf^; IP=92.18.166.154; MAC=20:16:d8:8d:xxxxxx
05/30/13 14:43:14 AccessControl: Checking Ban Policy for: Name==IGC=B!@c[k]-Wolf^; IP=92.18.212.30; MAC=20:16:d8:8d:xxxx

I stopped now with searching. looool.
now bye

like I care? There are plenty of servers...lol idiot:)

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #54 on: Friday, July 05, 2013, 17:55:54 PM »
I'd like to request an exception for mapvote.u
It's majority player voting for servermaps when admin isn't on

I second this. This should be a core feature of the game, it has no influence on gameplay and means that better/larger servers can go where the players want them.

As for AA4, sure, those that have computers able to play it will go but there's no doubt that it will take more resources to play than AA not to mention, I'm sure the internet speed demand is higher.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline exception

« Reply #55 on: Friday, July 05, 2013, 17:57:49 PM »
The skill came in overcoming those obstacles with a good assault team with experienced players.  It was more about team planning than individual equality.  I'll admit though, having noobs camping on assault has been a tough challenge to deal with.  I'm not hating the change, just voicing my opinions and observations.  I can't speak for everybody who has tested AA4, but I can say it is a definite improvement over AA3.  Those that play Rambo will probably not like it, as it requires team cooperation.
Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't say it was hard to win. My tracker will show that I play on your guys' server a lot and still do quite well. But the amount of cheap deaths that were outside of my own mistakes, especially with a less than adequate assault team was too much. Not to mention the encouragement of camping. I have heard AA4 is a big improvement over 3, just not close to 2.

http://battletracker.com/playerstats/aao/327472/

Offline Carmy

• Gurls
    • View Profile
  • AA: C@rmy
« Reply #56 on: Friday, July 05, 2013, 18:32:01 PM »
The reason we ran a mod on 82nd Pipeline, is because the pipeline map allows for being skilled with whatever weapon you chose.  The map is balanced enough that if you wanted to clean up newbs, you could.  If you had experienced players, they can team  play and formulate against any weapon brought out.  I'm not sure that weaponpicker would have been so successful on any other map.  But choosing your own weapon brought you an alternative, something else to do with the game, or a way to increase your skill with a certain weapon.  A way to keep interest in the game.  So the weaponpicker+pipeline combination brought newly interested players, as well as skilled players.  But of course, everyone wants to skill up using the 'honor' system.  As an alternative, we provided standard servers for the purists, and nobody came.  So that tells me exactly where interest lies in AA2.   I'm not sure why the purist think that the game would be any more popular without mods, they only needed to go to the unmodified servers if purism  was the goal. I'm disappointed this wasn't put to a visable vote anywhere by the player community.  AA4 is pretty good, resource friendly.  When it comes out, and this event, will probably put an end to AA2.5.
I agree with Shad! You should Have given us, The players the choice to do this or not!! I say not a good decision! thank you Have a good day.. :down:

JonnyM

« Reply #57 on: Friday, July 05, 2013, 18:37:04 PM »
Agreed, mapvote to be included in next update.

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Friday, July 05, 2013, 19:05:52 PM »
like I care? There are plenty of servers...lol idiot:)

we'll said : )

i always enjoy playing on your server wolf : ),   NOT a kick/ban happy clan : )

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #59 on: Friday, July 05, 2013, 19:07:52 PM »
Agreed, mapvote to be included in next update.

I start to love you Jonny :)

btw: good work with the update, messages and so.....but still do not like it, but good work :)

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager