Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: AA2.5 Assist v7.32  (Read 32582 times)

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

Re: AA2.5 Assist v7.3
« Reply #30 on: Friday, July 05, 2013, 14:23:18 PM »
Those changes are great, not sure if they'll increase the number of regular unmodded gameplay servers, time will say. But yeah in the end i think its fair for the game to be this way. And btw, Vanoke you're the only one screamin for discrimination among us all ^^
¨

i am creaming to, only inside of me. but i am :(

Offline Clown.!Ng

« Reply #31 on: Friday, July 05, 2013, 14:27:18 PM »
take a look now for example,friday night,should be the most popular hour/day with 130+ AA players..and watch how many people are actuly on.
LESS THAN 90. :down: :banned:

Rest In Peace Koen

Offline IGC Wolf^

• Banned
    • View Profile
  • AA: Banned
« Reply #32 on: Friday, July 05, 2013, 14:32:30 PM »
its summer ppl dont sit next to the pc and play aa

Offline Clown.!Ng

« Reply #33 on: Friday, July 05, 2013, 14:37:22 PM »
especially in summer, while all kids are on vacations..lmao 4 days ago there were around 150 players online

Rest In Peace Koen

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #34 on: Friday, July 05, 2013, 14:41:14 PM »
HA ! HA ! HA ! grumpie old man

Most of us are happy and I think admins are ready to take the protect from players that like mods. Just wait and see. When veterans see this they will come to join the game+ people are on holidays or vocations since its summer so just be patient if anything goes wrong admins will do changes again

Offline 82nd_DXO_COL=Shad

« Reply #35 on: Friday, July 05, 2013, 14:44:59 PM »
The reason we ran a mod on 82nd Pipeline, is because the pipeline map allows for being skilled with whatever weapon you chose.  The map is balanced enough that if you wanted to clean up newbs, you could.  If you had experienced players, they can team  play and formulate against any weapon brought out.  I'm not sure that weaponpicker would have been so successful on any other map.  But choosing your own weapon brought you an alternative, something else to do with the game, or a way to increase your skill with a certain weapon.  A way to keep interest in the game.  So the weaponpicker+pipeline combination brought newly interested players, as well as skilled players.  But of course, everyone wants to skill up using the 'honor' system.  As an alternative, we provided standard servers for the purists, and nobody came.  So that tells me exactly where interest lies in AA2.   I'm not sure why the purist think that the game would be any more popular without mods, they only needed to go to the unmodified servers if purism  was the goal. I'm disappointed this wasn't put to a visable vote anywhere by the player community.  AA4 is pretty good, resource friendly.  When it comes out, and this event, will probably put an end to AA2.5.

Offline Clown.!Ng

« Reply #36 on: Friday, July 05, 2013, 15:03:12 PM »
Good words Shad.
GF 2.5Assist

Rest In Peace Koen

Offline Rob_LD

« Reply #37 on: Friday, July 05, 2013, 15:08:37 PM »
@ AAO2.5-Staff

Thanks a lot for this update!
Great work!

JonnyM

« Reply #38 on: Friday, July 05, 2013, 15:13:00 PM »
Some people love mods.
Some people hate mods.
There is no right or wrong answer. In my opinion you should not be earning honor using mods.
You can still use mods, just without honor.

A lot of people say new players like mods, but what new players are starting an 11 old game? I though this community was about keeping aa alive for old players who like the game as they have played it for years.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #39 on: Friday, July 05, 2013, 15:13:57 PM »
A lot of people say new players like mods, but what new players are starting an 11 old game? I though this community was about keeping aa alive for old players who like the game as they have played it for years.

Also, if new players are being attracted by mods, they're playing the game for the wrong reasons. This isn't CounterStrike.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline [Majestic]tidididi

« Reply #40 on: Friday, July 05, 2013, 15:16:05 PM »
Some people love mods.
Some people hate mods.
There is no right or wrong answer. In my opinion you should not be earning honor using mods.
You can still use mods, just without honor.

GODDAMNIT MAN, I love this post.

Offline Rob_LD

« Reply #41 on: Friday, July 05, 2013, 15:19:38 PM »
GODDAMNIT MAN, I love this post.
This was exactly what I thought.

+1

Offline Yahoo

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Friday, July 05, 2013, 16:30:31 PM »
It's a terrible time for an (huge) update like this, it's summer time and people rather spend time out other than playing, haters will compare the amount of players in Assist. Anyway i think it's great update, but i know this isn't gonna bring new players, and probably the number will also decrease, however, the game, now, it is played as it should be.

Offline 82nd_DXO_COL=Shad

« Reply #43 on: Friday, July 05, 2013, 16:41:09 PM »
Also, if new players are being attracted by mods, they're playing the game for the wrong reasons. This isn't CounterStrike.

The players that will play AA for the 'right' reasons will probably move to AA4.  I can say they did a way better job on computer resources and smoothness of game play than with AA3.

Offline KARI-30

« Reply #44 on: Friday, July 05, 2013, 16:53:27 PM »
People who play AA3 are going to move to AA4. The people who play AA2 are going to stay at AA2. I mean I hope. :D

About the update we just have to wait and see what time brings.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager