Yes
1618 (63.2%)
Yes (Hacker Tag)
325 (12.7%)
No (Permanent ban)
619 (24.2%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Voting closed: Thursday, November 21, 2013, 21:41:34 PM

Author Topic: [Poll] Banning Policy...  (Read 33154 times)

Offline ELiZ

Re: [Poll] Banning Policy...
« Reply #90 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2013, 17:14:06 PM »
Current situation is: its ok to cheat, but IF you get caught you have to wait a week and then you are unbanned.

That only goes for AHK.
The bans I add, I do in accordance with the current rules, I don't make the rules.

If you want AHK bans to be perm ban, you are more then welcome to post a new poll in the issue.
If you do, I'm sure I'll vote yes.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #91 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2013, 17:23:05 PM »
Up next we should put a poll seeing what percent of people think an iq test should be mandatory to post here lol

LOL Dave is being funny today, he made a joke, LOL.
Go fuk yr mirror

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

« Reply #92 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2013, 17:34:24 PM »
That only goes for AHK.
The bans I add, I do in accordance with the current rules, I don't make the rules.

If you want AHK bans to be perm ban, you are more then welcome to post a new poll in the issue.
If you do, I'm sure I'll vote yes.

Sounds good to me, hopefully everyone would agree

Offline noobslayer

« Reply #93 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2013, 17:40:37 PM »
lol its 12:14 yes:no
someone pm israelis to vote

Everybody, one day will die, and be forgetten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun, fuck a mundane predictable life working monday to friday with something you derive no pleasure from; just living life out till you grow old and wither away. Find a passion, form relationships, dont be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks, trust me its alot more fun that way.

Dont ever pay people out or put people down. Instead just put yourself up and let the haters do their thing. Id rather be a person thats hated on, than a person that does the hating. A wise man one said...

Offline NoBigDeal

• Loyal Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2013, 19:41:30 PM »
Or maybe you should learn how to properly present a poll, properly ask a question, and have all information easily available in your 1st post so that people can make a proper selection? That is if you expect the poll to accurately represent the desired outcome you better ask the question properly - instead of assuming everyone's going to troll through 6 pages, before going back to make their vote lmao. I see you put a lot of thought into this.

That would make too much sense tho.

How do you expect this poll to accurately represent anything when you have so much grey area - oh wait, you edited ur 1st post to say read all 6 pages LOL
You're good at sarcasm, but not good enough...  :poorguy:

There is no point to bring in to the poll all related to the 'Second Chance' options, simply because we didn't even know if second chance will be given. If true, we can discuss the details of condition, but for now, it's just pointless...
What if you could change the world by changing your perspective of it?
Would you?

Offline zoxee

« Reply #95 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2013, 19:53:42 PM »
Cheaters have to earn their badge, make them donate
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline Dialects

« Reply #96 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2013, 23:01:56 PM »
After going through the whole 7 pages of supposedly consistent debate on par with the OP, I can only conclude that it seems a more akin tendency to see threads turning into various sets of user-vs-user nonsense. In fact, it seems as though most of the threads on the forum get hijacked through abundance of ego and not-so-much of any kind of contingency whatsoever.

Maybe we ought to be more pragmatical?

On-Topic:
The current debate is, if considerate solely of the actions that should be taken towards hackers/users who've used hacks, at such a low level of relevance that it bears no real practicability and/or rentability to mingle about. Just in the same fashion that you do not tackle the issue of real-life murder without taking into concern the variants that affect it.

People hack. Always have. Always will.

The focus should not be in revamping the ethics which will in turn affect the set of rules by which the community inflicts upon said hackers. If anything, the debate should have in attendance the possible manoeuvres to prevent hacking from being so noticeable.

Possibilities:
Maybe server-owners should be open-minded to the idea of giving Admin rights to a few members that they know are legit, active and trustful and that may or may not be members of their clan --we did this when DrAAT was still around. In fact, the official AA 2.5 Community Servers were mine and although some of my clan members had Administrative Powers in them, the majority of the Admins were respected members of the community and people I knew I could trust. This is one of the ways we got around to fixing the server-issue.

Another solution could be --as I recall seeing it back in 2.3 and subsequently in early-2.5-- creating a dedicated server meant for hackers only. Name it Hacker's Paradise, what have you. This made it so that hackers would knowingly use hacks and play against each other without having to hide it, to slide it or to tide it. On their server. It kept them there.

Further enhanced versions of the above suggestions and/or new suggestions are more than welcome. So long as they are executable at core and aim towards the resolution of a hack-free community.

Point of View:
In my eyes, while it is a menace to realise that hackers are a common breed in online-gaming, it also seems to me as though it may be one of the best direct-promotion towards the unification of a community that --if lead with a honest, humble and fair mindset-- can tackle the issue without leaving space for emotional judgement to rule over.

P.S:. I voted Hacker Tag. It was the only option that resolved around the inter-exchange of knowledge within the community as opposed to the simple individual action-plans that follow (as should they) the rigid fundaments through which all must be made fit to.

/Dan

« Last Edit: Wednesday, October 23, 2013, 23:05:21 PM by MIKKAWE »
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

Offline Choogelaar

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2013, 23:28:10 PM »
Cheaters have to earn their badge, make them donate

why the hell would you give a cheater the oppurtunity to earn a badge by letting them donate for a game , seriously you think they will stopp cheating ??? they burned there bridges at the moment they started cheating ,,,,,,, just let them stay out of the game ,any cheater that has been cheating will always try to find a way to cheat again  , ( A FOX WILL LOOSE THEIR HAIRS BUT THE TRICKS THEY DONE THEY WONT FORGET)    my opinion is cheating on a game should be punished and not been giving a 2nd change

Offline Ganja

« Reply #98 on: Thursday, October 24, 2013, 03:13:43 AM »

Possibilities:
Maybe server-owners should be open-minded to the idea of giving Admin rights to a few members that they know are legit, active and trustful and that may or may not be members of their clan --we did this when DrAAT was still around. In fact, the official AA 2.5 Community Servers were mine and although some of my clan members had Administrative Powers in them, the majority of the Admins were respected members of the community and people I knew I could trust. This is one of the ways we got around to fixing the server-issue.

With such a little amount of players online, there's only a few populated servers online. Server admins will change into powerful nazis abusing their powers in the most ways possible, experienced it yesterday again.

If you don't believe me, look at the numbers. At the moment 16 players online, 105 servers. Why would this game require 105 servers with so few players? Because all people want to have their server, so they can make rules and kick whoever they want.

An ideal situation would be 30 servers, server admins from different clans, or no clan at all, so there will be no abuse from one certain type of people.

I personally doubt hacker paradise would be of any good to the game, since it will encourage hackers to make better and better hacks to beat other hackers, and at a certain point they will just come over to normal servers, because they got owned by other hackers. Let me remind you that the objectives of most hackers is to feel 'better' than others. So I think the hacker's paradise will only attract the best hackers (probably those who make their own hacks)  and that the kids that buy the hacks will get raped and go normal server.

Offline zoxee

« Reply #99 on: Thursday, October 24, 2013, 04:07:55 AM »
why the hell would you give a cheater the oppurtunity to earn a badge by letting them donate for a game , seriously you think they will stopp cheating ??? they burned there bridges at the moment they started cheating ,,,,,,, just let them stay out of the game ,any cheater that has been cheating will always try to find a way to cheat again  , ( A FOX WILL LOOSE THEIR HAIRS BUT THE TRICKS THEY DONE THEY WONT FORGET)    my opinion is cheating on a game should be punished and not been giving a 2nd change

I fully agree with you, my proposal was just ironical.

I personally doubt hacker paradise would be of any good to the game, since it will encourage hackers to make better and better hacks to beat other hackers, and at a certain point they will just come over to normal servers, because they got owned by other hackers. Let me remind you that the objectives of most hackers is to feel 'better' than others. So I think the hacker's paradise will only attract the best hackers (probably those who make their own hacks)  and that the kids that buy the hacks will get raped and go normal server.

+1
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline bollie

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: Thursday, October 24, 2013, 05:31:45 AM »
Reminder to myself: kick ganja next time I see him

Hehe

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #101 on: Saturday, October 26, 2013, 07:10:17 AM »
I see three users here, who deserve a badge and who works hard for this game not with the coding but with the words. Dav3, Nobigdeal and MIKKAWE.

Why?

Simple. They are true users of this forum, each time they post they put suggestion for the whole community and don't post whore and make off topic jokes. Most users don't even think about others. Imagine you've been banned and how would you fell in the hackers place? Of course you would want a second chance, and of course you would say I'm sorry I won't do it again. Why are admins so strict against the hackers? Why they use so much shit towards them? What about other games such as AA2.8, AA3, AA4, do they use such a crap piece of security to spy on others computers?

For admins I would say start to think. Start to make hard decisions that would bring more people, this was the aim of the original devs and so do it, stop thinking about the security, it is way to strict. Why you wouldn't give a second chance? Are you not a human being? Is it so hard, hard to forgive, give a second chance? The punishment is too hard. It's just a video game and shows about your personality. It's true, this game will die it's obvious, like it's been said in 5 years and i believe it will be sooner so everyone should get their chance to play the game. Remove their accounts, remove all ''who hacked'' accounts so they can start again, fresh start with the TAG.

I voted for the TAG option. People who say they deserve a perm ban are stupid and don't think into the future. I'm talking to stop fucking around and stop hating hackers, even AA3 wasn't so strict about them, as they, we, tried to stop them. We just led the game on. Look how many are banned, unbanning them would bring even more players and would make more servers full.

Server Problem fix:

Too many servers. 105 servers and a small player base. Start to run your own assist servers. Or let clans know that assist at least doesn't tolerate this. Or make at least maximum of 25 servers allowed to be hosted. Something can be thinked for this fix.

For Assist Fix:

You are not humans. Without forgiving you are not. We all did mistakes have we not? Don't tell me you never tried or wanted to hack and don't tell me you haven't worked with hacks before or if you are working right now. I see that admins like to ignore, they don't think into the future and they don't want to make risky and hard decisions neverless it must be done. The TERMS OF AGREEMENT thing wasn't until most of the people got banned, no warning nothing to warn them..., when all got banned you now make that shit. Very disappointed. Maybe most of them didn't even go to forum and didn't see that strict punishment...

For ELIZ:

Disappointed that's all. Now you are following Johnny. You are following his steps to make the game secure at its finest but will it it work for long? the answer is no. Just watch out ELIZ, don't make the mistake Johnny did. Too much for this game and you are not trust able anymore. Stop contrasting your full hate on hackers. You now how they fell, you know that hacking is educational for good and bad. Had they seen the TERMS OF AGREEMENT until you made one? no I don't think so.

I don't support hackers but comon, they are not killing the game the community and the assist is. I mean it's people.

Start to think and start to forgive.

Offline Rob_LD

« Reply #102 on: Saturday, October 26, 2013, 07:34:56 AM »
@ArmyAntiCheat
Look how many are banned, unbanning them would bring even more players and would make more servers full.
This is a misbelief.
Only one hacker can bring at least 2 clean players to quit with this game.
The more of this cheating bastards are playing the higher the chances are to loose regular ones.

But you are right, it's only a video game, one out of thousand.
So there is no reason for people who play for fun to stay with this particular one if it is full of hackers.

BTW:
I wonder what shitstorm would go on if someone with a "Hacker Tag" entering a server...
Impossible solution!
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 26, 2013, 07:37:16 AM by Rob_LD »

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #103 on: Saturday, October 26, 2013, 07:50:59 AM »
you talk about 25 game maps while there are 68  games that you can play in forceclass ore normal that makes 136 diffrent play grownds so to many server is not the problem its oke people can see how many maps are in assist and they can play it so fare they are running. thats good for the outsite new comming players that can see all not only 25 maps.

Jhonny is not Eliz ,Eliz lissend to the poll and Jhonny was only lissterning to his self.!!!

I see three users here, who deserve a badge and who works hard for this game not with the coding but with the words. Dav3, Nobigdeal and MIKKAWE.

Why?

Simple. They are true users of this forum, each time they post they put suggestion for the whole community and don't post whore and make off topic jokes. Most users don't even think about others. Imagine you've been banned and how would you fell in the hackers place? Of course you would want a second chance, and of course you would say I'm sorry I won't do it again. Why are admins so strict against the hackers? Why they use so much shit towards them? What about other games such as AA2.8, AA3, AA4, do they use such a crap piece of security to spy on others computers?

For admins I would say start to think. Start to make hard decisions that would bring more people, this was the aim of the original devs and so do it, stop thinking about the security, it is way to strict. Why you wouldn't give a second chance? Are you not a human being? Is it so hard, hard to forgive, give a second chance? The punishment is too hard. It's just a video game and shows about your personality. It's true, this game will die it's obvious, like it's been said in 5 years and i believe it will be sooner so everyone should get their chance to play the game. Remove their accounts, remove all ''who hacked'' accounts so they can start again, fresh start with the TAG.

I voted for the TAG option. People who say they deserve a perm ban are stupid and don't think into the future. I'm talking to stop fucking around and stop hating hackers, even AA3 wasn't so strict about them, as they, we, tried to stop them. We just led the game on. Look how many are banned, unbanning them would bring even more players and would make more servers full.

Server Problem fix:

Too many servers. 105 servers and a small player base. Start to run your own assist servers. Or let clans know that assist at least doesn't tolerate this. Or make at least maximum of 25 servers allowed to be hosted. Something can be thinked for this fix.

For Assist Fix:

You are not humans. Without forgiving you are not. We all did mistakes have we not? Don't tell me you never tried or wanted to hack and don't tell me you haven't worked with hacks before or if you are working right now. I see that admins like to ignore, they don't think into the future and they don't want to make risky and hard decisions neverless it must be done. The TERMS OF AGREEMENT thing wasn't until most of the people got banned, no warning nothing to warn them..., when all got banned you now make that shit. Very disappointed. Maybe most of them didn't even go to forum and didn't see that strict punishment...

For ELIZ:

Disappointed that's all. Now you are following Johnny. You are following his steps to make the game secure at its finest but will it it work for long? the answer is no. Just watch out ELIZ, don't make the mistake Johnny did. Too much for this game and you are not trust able anymore. Stop contrasting your full hate on hackers. You now how they fell, you know that hacking is educational for good and bad. Had they seen the TERMS OF AGREEMENT until you made one? no I don't think so.

I don't support hackers but comon, they are not killing the game the community and the assist is. I mean it's people.

Start to think and start to forgive.
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 26, 2013, 07:55:37 AM by Vanoke »

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #104 on: Saturday, October 26, 2013, 08:03:23 AM »
Don't tell me you never tried or wanted to hack and don't tell me you haven't worked with hacks before or if you are working right now.
No, I never felt any urges in that direction.

For ELIZ:

Yes, hacking is a dual edged sword, cheating is NOT!
The poll in this thread and in the one for AutoHotKey clearly shows that the remaining players want the current direction of AntiCheat.

As I stated in another thread, I let the majority rule.
If I would not like what the majority likes, I would not be a part of this thing we call 25Assist.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager