Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: game chat too big  (Read 5184 times)

Offline [seb@s]

• View Profile
game chat too big
« on: Sunday, September 01, 2013, 06:14:07 AM »
hey buddies,

i started 2 play aa 2day after 2 weeks and i recognized that the game chat now appears with a new font size.
previously size "8", now "20"?!. the new font size is a bit too big for my linking.

is there a way to set it to the old size?
thx 4 your help

lg
sebas
am I not destroying my enemies when i make friends of them?
(A.L.)

Lord.aNoobis

Re: game chat too big
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, September 01, 2013, 07:00:23 AM »
Yes, search the forum, many threads about this.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, September 01, 2013, 12:59:16 PM »
See, this is the way users should talk. Sebas doesn't flame, just asks how to turn off the option. Good on you mate.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline bollie

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, September 01, 2013, 19:13:04 PM »
sebas! hey nubcake! :)

Offline Mixk

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, September 01, 2013, 23:45:49 PM »
See, this is the way users should talk. Sebas doesn't flame, just asks how to turn off the option. Good on you mate.
Well please just show him how to change it and please don't change it for everyone as I am a feeble old man who can't see for crap and like being able to once again read without coke bottles.  :D :D :D
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Offline dtruesdale

« Reply #5 on: Monday, September 02, 2013, 00:54:55 AM »
Well please just show him how to change it and please don't change it for everyone as I am a feeble old man who can't see for crap and like being able to once again read without coke bottles.  :D :D :D

Hear ya on that one, it was too small before. Now to tweak the colors so I can read that damn awful blue on dark background. Would prefer Neon colors.......

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #6 on: Monday, September 02, 2013, 04:43:40 AM »
go aa25assist, settings. then edit SAI Settings. i guess the 4th line is set to =true.
i am at work, so i can not post the exact line, but it is one above with something like shownames i guess.

Offline KARI-30

« Reply #7 on: Monday, September 02, 2013, 05:01:36 AM »
its something like bDisableCustomConsoleFont=False - Change to True.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #8 on: Monday, September 02, 2013, 05:04:54 AM »
yes, just one above the line with shownames..... like KARI did say, it is that with ..Font.. to be set from False to True

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
  • AA: Dav3
« Reply #9 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 10:11:10 AM »
Its cause they made the genius decision to have the default cater to people that play on resolutions from pre 2000 and those who are legally blind. - whom apparently complained it was too small before.

You have to edit some value. In the sai settings as mentioned above

Offline Mike Mentzer

• don't change old maps!! Give noobs not a chance!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 12:25:26 PM »
so this means you can change your font via clientside. ok
Nice some Ass licking around   ((_) :censored: D :P (_o_) :P

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #11 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 13:04:28 PM »
Its cause they made the genius decision to have the default cater to people that play on resolutions from pre 2000 and those who are legally blind. - whom apparently complained it was too small before.

You have to edit some value. In the sai settings as mentioned above

You got that wrong Dav3, it's to cater to people who play on resolutions larger than 720p. With larger screens the text can often be harder to read. Remember, this game was made for older computers and screens. It's people that play on 800x600 that need to make the font size smaller.

Nice try though, trying to spam a month and a half old thread with your hate. Good luck next thread!

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 13:35:15 PM »
How can that be true? I play on 1680 x 1050 and it takes up half the fking screen.

Ive chatted with various others who play on other resolutions and they also need to and do disable this.

The vast majority of people I have spoken to need to and do disable the massive font. Why are changes being made to the game to cater to the minority and not the majority?

If anything it would be nice to make the font even smaller, and extend the console width.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #13 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 13:38:45 PM »
I play at 1680x1050, am 24 years old and have no eyesight issues. I welcomed the larger font, it's much easier to read. Maybe it's just my shitty 6+ year old TN panel but I really like it. The original size was sometimes hard to read, especially with dark colors like blue. It was readable but now you can just glance and know what it says, instead of focusing on it and taking your eyes off the game.

We ALWAYS cater to the majority on here. It's not our fault if people don't come here to vote, pitch in or discuss things. We make a vote and it's like nobody goes in-game and says "Hey guys, head to AAO25.com if you want to vote on feature XXXXX". If people want to know what's going on with this game, they should come here and not only when it's down to bitch and moan.

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 13:44:29 PM »
I play at 1680x1050, am 24 years old and have no eyesight issues. I welcomed the larger font, it's much easier to read. Maybe it's just my shitty 6+ year old TN panel but I really like it. The original size was sometimes hard to read, especially with dark colors like blue. It was readable but now you can just glance and know what it says, instead of focusing on it and taking your eyes off the game.

We ALWAYS cater to the majority on here. It's not our fault if people don't come here to vote, pitch in or discuss things. We make a vote and it's like nobody goes in-game and says "Hey guys, head to AAO25.com if you want to vote on feature XXXXX". If people want to know what's going on with this game, they should come here and not only when it's down to bitch and moan.

I think you perhaps mean have not yet been diagnosed with eyesight issues. Im blown away we play on the same res and you think a massive font taking up half the screen is necessary. Maybe you have an incredibly small screen, ontop of it being 6+ years old

Maybe make a popup when you open assist letting people know of changes that are being considered.

Maybe even make another tab on assist with a poll to vote and it maybe even tie into the same poll on the forums?

I would be willing to bet the majority, if not VAST majority disable the massive font. ( or if they dont - would if they knew how )

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager