Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: game chat too big  (Read 5182 times)

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: game chat too big
« Reply #15 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 14:42:06 PM »
Thank you for your opinion doctor but I see just fine. I can read the text in the quote without issue and my monitor is a 20" and sits about 1.5 arms length away. Perhaps it's due to the shit brightness it has but in-game text is poorly contrasted and difficult to read. Bright greens and dark blues, there's a reason you don't see many websites like that. You need contrast to be able to disseminate information quickly which is important in a game.

Assist does have information blobs in it and message alerts. Could they be used better? Probably. Still though, if you want to be part of something and have your say, do you sit and wait for people to ask you? No. You seek out information actively.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Saltuarius

« Reply #16 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 15:17:03 PM »
integrate the voting into assist is a great idea and would be more representative.

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
  • AA: Dav3
« Reply #17 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 16:17:07 PM »
Blah pure madness.

Sure, it can be difficult reading blue and red font in certain scenarios - if its an incredibly dark map / area...but what do i do?...aim toward something that is light.

Screen real estate is important in shooters, or any game really for that matter.

I think you guys are making many of these decisions based on your needs being people of more an "Administrative" position - and not players. - and based on few complaints, not taking into account the majority who do not complain or have issues, thus catering to the minority and giving the shaft to the majority.

I mean, its not a huge issue cause I know how to disable it but I really dont think it should be default to on. If you have issues reading - look to enable this massive font feature. -NOT vice versa. We are getting new players going wtf this game is ridiculous look at this chat box. ( thats an issue )

Why would you put priority into the chat box? This isnt msn messenger, MS word, email, its a shooter game.
« Last Edit: Friday, October 18, 2013, 16:24:39 PM by Dav3 »

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #18 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 16:22:56 PM »
Dav3, the problem, as usual, with your assumptions is that you assume you're right. We aren't sitting around bored thinking about useless features we could add to the game. Someone (I'm 99% sure it was outside the admin/dev circle) came and asked about the possibility. ELiZ, being the kind of guy that likes a quick challenge, looked into it. It was quick to implement so why not do it? Making the game more flexible is always a worthwhile investment of time. Making the text larger, it just so happens that I enjoy it, if I do happen to play.

I find it absolutely amazing that you continue to complain about the game and our work yet you still play it. Are you a glutton for punishment?

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 16:26:13 PM »
Dav3, the problem, as usual, with your assumptions is that you assume you're right. We aren't sitting around bored thinking about useless features we could add to the game. Someone (I'm 99% sure it was outside the admin/dev circle) came and asked about the possibility. ELiZ, being the kind of guy that likes a quick challenge, looked into it. It was quick to implement so why not do it? Making the game more flexible is always a worthwhile investment of time. Making the text larger, it just so happens that I enjoy it, if I do happen to play.

I find it absolutely amazing that you continue to complain about the game and our work yet you still play it. Are you a glutton for punishment?

So right there, you admit. Its a feature made to cater to a few.

Why would you force that as a default for EVERYONE.

Maybe its because I actually care about this game? And there are a TON of WTF were they thinking moments in the past 6 months or so.

Offline [Majestic]tidididi

« Reply #20 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 16:27:31 PM »
BOLD ME MORE

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 16:28:56 PM »
BOLD ME MORE

Sry can u make that bigger plz, im not sure all of the people on here can read it

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #22 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 16:35:03 PM »
Still blabbing without facts like usual. Inform yourself:
http://aao25.com/2-5-assist/new-console-font/

*EDIT*
There was also talk about it over a year ago:
http://aao25.com/2-5-assist/hud-is-too-large-and-console-text-too-small/

Search box is your friend.
« Last Edit: Friday, October 18, 2013, 16:37:50 PM by Spanky »

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 16:41:27 PM »
Not sure what your point is.

That entire thread is basically you 3 admins and a few other people chiming in. Ill make another thread simply asking if they have the massive font disabled or enabled.

Offline M_TopSecret

• Never fly the 'A' model of anything. — Ed Thompson
    • View Profile
    • |M|@fioso Clan
  • AA: |M|TopSecret
« Reply #24 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 16:42:53 PM »

:D
Never fly the 'A' model of anything. — Ed Thompson

Offline M_TopSecret

• Never fly the 'A' model of anything. — Ed Thompson
    • View Profile
    • |M|@fioso Clan
  • AA: |M|TopSecret
« Reply #25 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 16:43:31 PM »
lol Sorry, thought it was funny  ;)
Never fly the 'A' model of anything. — Ed Thompson

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #26 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 16:45:36 PM »
Not sure what your point is.

That entire thread is basically you 3 admins and a few other people chiming in. Ill make another thread simply asking if they have the massive font disabled or enabled.

Point was that you think we're sitting around thinking of useless shit to do. Someone outside the admin circle brought the idea up and it was easy for ELiZ to implement. Problem? Yea, you'll find another angle to bitch about.

More people have said that it's an improvement. Guess what though, if you don't like it, disable it!

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 16:53:21 PM »
Point was that you think we're sitting around thinking of useless shit to do. Someone outside the admin circle brought the idea up and it was easy for ELiZ to implement. Problem? Yea, you'll find another angle to bitch about.

More people have said that it's an improvement. Guess what though, if you don't like it, disable it!

Once again the point of my posts are completely above your head it seems.

http://aao25.com/2-5-assist/do-you-have-the-massive-sai-font-enabled-or-disabled/

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #28 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 23:44:03 PM »
It must be because I have no fucking clue what your point is other than to annoy those of us who have put significant effort into Assist.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager