Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Anonymous  (Read 12342 times)

Offline soupcakes

• no soup for 4 U!
    • View Profile
  • AA: soul
Anonymous
« on: Tuesday, April 03, 2012, 06:12:38 AM »
The idea of Anonymous is an interesting concept. It's just made up of regular people like you and me, and it could be anyone and everyone who choses to call themself anonymous. "Anonymous is a decentralized network of individuals focused on promoting access to information, free speech, and transparency".

However, they use illegal measures to hack into websites, steal information and send it to wiki leaks or other uncensored media. They pretty much hack into everything, fbi website, national security, police departments, fox news, cnn, fbi phone calls ect ect, theres no limit and no real way to stop the attacks. And for this, anyone associated with Anonymous can be labeled a terrorist, which now thanks to National security act, means that those who are labeled a terrorist dont even have a right to court.

Another interesting thing is, they claim they will expose all the corruption of the Government by Dec 21 2012. Basically are against laws such as the patriot act, national defense act, sopa and ACTA.

And in other countries that have censorship internet, they make it so people can talk freely about their country and government and give them ways around the censorship.

So the question is, are they terrorists because of the unconventional/illegal methods they go about ending corruption?

Or are they patriots for standing up for our rights against unconstitutional laws?

I personally, think they fall somewhere in between. I think some of the sites they hack are pointless and just so minor in the whole scheme of corruption, and i certainly dont agree with everything they do...but i do agree with some...i mean Sure, I think its good people are trying to make a change and restore our rights and ending the corruption is a great idea in itself.... But the government has already made claims like "The group of Anonymous is strong enough to shut down the whole power grid"... Now Anonymous denies that they can do that and also say that they wouldnt want to, millions are on life support, they wouldnt want to end their lives ect ect.

Anyways, hypothetical, say something would happen..weather the power grid goes out, or the internet shuts down for a day or cell phones dont work for a day... anything like that, Anonymous would be the first accused.... and the point isnt weather Anonymous  did the attack or if its the government itself that does the attack.... the attack itself would probably be enough to PASS bills like SOPA for 'our protection' so 'this doesnt happen again'.

I think they want to do alot of good for the people, and their message is good but the ways the are going about business could be the very reason more unconstitutional acts are passed.

whats your opinion terrorists or freedom fighters?
You gotta have a nuclear soul
To melt down all your sorrowful load
And you gotta have a mercury soul
To weigh down any glimmer of gold

Offline Ganja

Re: Anonymous
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, April 03, 2012, 06:49:10 AM »
Well no problem if they keep doing whet they do now. It's true they could do much more I guess, but they need limits and responsability.  They wanna do the 'good things' so they probably know the consequences of their acts and they know they shouldn't pass some limits ...
So in my view they ain't bad for the moment

Offline Alex

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, April 03, 2012, 10:51:43 AM »
Anonymous doesn't necessarily "hack" anything. They are a bunch of kids with scripts that attack vulnerable websites. The entire group is a joke. They act like they are doing good, but in reality, they''re not. Nothing they have done has changed anything.

They pledged to take down facebook, and guess what didn't happen? Because they couldn't. Any site with half decent security is protected from those kids.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, April 03, 2012, 11:08:21 AM »
Anonymous doesn't necessarily "hack" anything. They are a bunch of kids with scripts that attack vulnerable websites. The entire group is a joke. They act like they are doing good, but in reality, they''re not. Nothing they have done has changed anything.

They pledged to take down facebook, and guess what didn't happen? Because they couldn't. Any site with half decent security is protected from those kids.

Yeah, so they not bad, they are useless :D

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, April 03, 2012, 13:40:58 PM »
I don't understand any of it, seems pretty pointless to me. I first heard about them when they did the stuff to Sony. My first impression was that they were a bunch of bored people. *shrug* I just categorize them with imgur, reddit, 4chan and all the other useless shit on the internet.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Alex

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, April 03, 2012, 14:16:34 PM »
lulzsec on the other hand....
lulzsec is even worse because they just wanted to be assholes as far as I'm concerned. They didn't have a false identity of "protector of the internet", which Anonymous seems to think they are. Also, aren't they disbanded now? I thought I heard something about that. Either way, the world would be a better place without those idiots who think they are cool because they can use scripts to take down sites.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 03, 2012, 14:26:43 PM by KiLLaMaN »

Offline soupcakes

• no soup for 4 U!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, April 03, 2012, 14:30:13 PM »

ummm..idk about facebook, but , they hack the FBI site regularly, think the holiday is called Fuck FBI Friday.... pretty sure most the sites they hack into that make headline news have pretty good security measures as well... And i agree, nothing has been changed directly cuz of them, but disagree that they are 'useless'  with the publicity and arrests being made around the world, its obvious they are seen as some kind of threat... and to my knowledge, they are still around.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, April 03, 2012, 14:32:20 PM »
disagree that they are 'useless'  with the publicity and arrests being made around the world, its obvious they are seen as some kind of threat... and to my knowledge, they are still around.

So, because they get arrested that makes them useful? I guess... free prison labor, at the expense of the taxpayers. You must be a glass half full kinda guy.

Offline soupcakes

• no soup for 4 U!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, April 03, 2012, 14:35:26 PM »
....sure

edit: k, my only point is, if they were truly useless, they wouldnt make headline news.... useless to me, would be more or less them being in the background and people going "oh, whos that?"
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 03, 2012, 14:37:27 PM by soupcakes »

Offline Alex

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, April 03, 2012, 14:37:21 PM »
ummm..idk about facebook, but , they hack the FBI site regularly, think the holiday is called Fuck FBI Friday.... pretty sure most the sites they hack into that make headline news have pretty good security measures as well... And i agree, nothing has been changed directly cuz of them, but disagree that they are 'useless'  with the publicity and arrests being made around the world, its obvious they are seen as some kind of threat... and to my knowledge, they are still around.

Again, stop saying "hack". They don't hack anything. They use pre-made scripts to take down sites or gain unsecure databases. They don't do any hacking. They never hacked the FBI, they just took the site down. They never will hack the FBI. Also, them being arrested has nothing to do with how useful they are. I guess people who smoke pot are super important because they get arrested for possession, right? /sarcasm.

What good has Anonymous done? Cool, they can take down the Bank of America website for a few hours, what does that achieve? Nothing. Life goes on as if it never happened. These wannabe "internet heroes" are nothing but a bunch of jokes who have nothing better to do in their lives.

They make headline news because the media loves to blow stuff out of proportion. Why do celebrities going shopping make the news? Is that important as well?
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 03, 2012, 14:41:16 PM by KiLLaMaN »

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, April 03, 2012, 14:57:11 PM »
It's cool when me and Killa see eye to eye. Especially when he's more articulate than I am :)

Offline soupcakes

• no soup for 4 U!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, April 03, 2012, 14:57:47 PM »
I guess people who smoke pot are super important because they get arrested for possession, right? /sarcasm.

lol, k good point. let me rephrase. The reason i dont think they are 'useless' is because weather they succeed or not by what they do, at least they tried to stop the bull.... and they are 'recognized' for what they did... if more people stood up against the bull, less redic laws would pass. my 2cents.

and uhh, sorry for saying hacking, guess i dont kno the methods they go about business

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, April 03, 2012, 15:08:37 PM »
"Bull" is a matter of perspective. People standing up for what they believe in will just cause more conflict because people believe differently and some couldn't care less about some topics. I guess it's a good thing but there's so many things to change in the world and so little will to even fight 1 small subject. Taking down a website won't change anything and I personally don't see it as a motivator to get inspired.

Offline Alex

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, April 03, 2012, 15:09:20 PM »
lol, k good point. let me rephrase. The reason i dont think they are 'useless' is because weather they succeed or not by what they do, at least they tried to stop the bull.... and they are 'recognized' for what they did... if more people stood up against the bull, less redic laws would pass. my 2cents.

and uhh, sorry for saying hacking, guess i dont kno the methods they go about business
Yes, while I guess it can be considered good to protest companies such as Bank of America, they are going about it in the wrong way. If they want to make those companies look bad, they shouldn't be doing something illegal that makes themselves look bad as well. It's counter productive. the only thing they are doing is giving these companies more reasons to not care about customers.

Offline soupcakes

• no soup for 4 U!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, April 03, 2012, 15:36:23 PM »
Yes, while I guess it can be considered good to protest companies such as Bank of America, they are going about it in the wrong way. If they want to make those companies look bad, they shouldn't be doing something illegal that makes themselves look bad as well. It's counter productive. the only thing they are doing is giving these companies more reasons to not care about customers.

i agree with that... but what way should people go about it? havent the legal ways been tried in the past?

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager