Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Assist is back online!  (Read 21677 times)

Offline Bart!

Re: Assist is back online!
« Reply #75 on: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 11:36:27 AM »
you don't really seem like a retired dev, mr. anonymous.

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 11:42:17 AM »
i haven't tried it, but great job on getting it fixed so fast.  good that yous made that terms of service agreement, now no 1 can complain they didn't know what it does

great job

Offline [K][K].pcqdbt

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 12:13:21 PM »
And no, existance of TOS does not change anything. TOS doesn't magically make illegal things legal.

Have you ever read any licence agreement from MS/Google/Apple/etc? They can do with your personal data pretty much anything they want (and screenshots would be the least of the concerns...). (Although I'm myself very keen on privacy, that's why I'm trying to help arriving at a design which is acceptable from this viewpoint, too.)

Offline Rapture

« Reply #78 on: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 12:33:00 PM »
Have you ever read any licence agreement from MS/Google/Apple/etc? They can do with your personal data pretty much anything they want (and screenshots would be the least of the concerns...). (Although I'm myself very keen on privacy, that's why I'm trying to help arriving at a design which is acceptable from this viewpoint, too.)

good point. Those companies Can infact do what that want with any data received from u. Including handing that information to other companies and/or entities. Agreeing to the TOS of assist (when u agree and click ok) does infact make it legal. And assist devs do not hand data gathered to any other companies and/or entities

Offline Mixk

« Reply #79 on: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 12:35:39 PM »
you don't really seem like a retired dev, mr. anonymous.
That's because he, she, or it isn't. They are a professional spammer just trolling and typing nonsense to work people up. 
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Offline Rapture

« Reply #80 on: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 12:41:51 PM »
Why you even reverted any of the "trojan" features, then? You could just put them in TOS, couldn't you?

the information as to why, has already been stated within these forums. feel free to use the search function above to find out the information you need :)

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #81 on: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 12:42:41 PM »
The TOS isn't there to protect us legally. I'm very well aware that TOS and EULA's often don't hold up in court. The TOS is purely there to alert users of what's going on and guess what, it's working. The things described in the TOS are the only things being done on your computer. We're not hiding anything else. We can't access data on your computer. If you don't agree with this approach that is VERY similar to PunkBuster then feel free to uninstall.

People are ungodly concerned with "privacy". If you're that paranoid, don't own electronic devices and if you do wish to own them, don't put any personal information out. Get the fuck off Facebook and any other social medium.

Facts are that the screenshots aren't public in any way. They are not transmitted to the auth server, even temporarily. Sure, someone can hack in and intercept the transmission but come on, if someone is that good, wouldn't they be spending their time doing something worthwhile rather than stealing some Polish/Brazilian screenshot of him watching YouTube?

ArmyAntiCheat, why would a dev, such as you claim to be, code hacks for a game he helped make? Despite your thoughts of how horrible and violating we are, we're actually pretty nice and democratic. We welcome anybody that wants to help. If you can contribute something that makes these "privacy invading" screenshots obsolete, well, doesn't that make everybody happy? This offer is extended to anyone that knows UScript, Visual Studio or just "proper" security communication to go through Assist's RealBasic code and make things better.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Rob_LD

« Reply #82 on: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 12:50:11 PM »
If you don't agree with this approach that is VERY similar to PunkBuster then feel free to uninstall.
I don't think so,
As stated before, PB don't take screenshots if the game is not in full screen mode.

People are ungodly concerned with "privacy". If you're that paranoid, don't own electronic devices and if you do wish to own them, don't put any personal information out. Get the fuck off Facebook and any other social medium.
You can control which informations you share at any social network.
You cant control which informations you leak with Assistant.

This offer is extended to anyone that knows UScript, Visual Studio or just "proper" security communication to go through Assist's RealBasic code and make things better.
If I'm not mistaken it was said by Assist-Admins that you don't make the code public available, didn't you?

Offline Rapture

« Reply #83 on: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 12:51:02 PM »
the basic understanding of all of this info is - If you do not agree with the TOS, then simply decline it, uninstall any Assist downloads, and continue on with life.

im not trying to sound rude, but that is pretty simple

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #84 on: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 12:53:54 PM »
Rob, that's a minor difference. PB publicizes screenshots, we don't.

You can control which informations you share with Assist. Close it or uninstall it :)

The thing with allowing people to help is that trust needs to be established first. There's several people in the dev group that weren't here years ago. That's because they've been proven to be trusted and vouched for by other people. We wouldn't give full access to anyone at the drop of a hat.
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 13:20:35 PM by Spanky »

Offline blueman

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 14:30:38 PM »
Hey guys,

First i would like to thank you all for bringing the assist software back online!

Second i would like to ask something about a bit of a problem after updating to 7.48.
My Assist is working like it should but when i join a server assist is crashing and kicking me from the game with; 'slot Closed'.

I have reinstalled the whole assist software (replace libs and main program with new downloaded data) but it didnt work.

Do i need to delete the Armyops files to in the c:/documents and settings/.... folder ?

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #86 on: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 14:35:51 PM »
Yea, try a Reset + Repair in Assist.

Offline stevewill84

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 14:42:53 PM »
if you are using Windows 8, we will fix it in the next hours :P (probably missing file on our end sry)

Perfect, thanks mate was thinking it was something with my laptop but yes I have windows 8 :P.

Offline blueman

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 14:56:05 PM »
Yea, try a Reset + Repair in Assist.

Hey Spank,

Reset And Repair didnt work unfortunately.
But full installation did the trick :)

Thanks for the fast answer!

Hooah!

Offline Rob_LD

« Reply #89 on: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 15:18:01 PM »
Rob, that's a minor difference. PB publicizes screenshots, we don't.
I don't care that much if screenshots of my gameplay getting public.
But making screenshots of any private stuff known to anyone is not what I wanna have.

A minor difference, are you kidding me now?

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager