Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: AA2.5 Assist v7.32  (Read 32601 times)

Offline CheeseyTron

Re: AA2.5 Assist v7.3
« Reply #90 on: Saturday, July 06, 2013, 18:09:25 PM »
The game is dead Nate....just leave it as it was...if people don't like mods than simply don't play on that server....common sense bro....

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #91 on: Saturday, July 06, 2013, 18:20:24 PM »
I have no control over Assist or anything that's done with it. I don't really play AA either. I'm just posting in this because I agree with what Jonny is doing.

The whole "play on a non-mod server" argument is invalid. We have LOST old AA players because the gameplay they (and we) loved is destroyed with mods. All that hang around now is people that like the mods. If we allow hacks and build them into Assist people will play with them and we will lose the base of players that don't like them. Then what do you say to those people that are left that like the hacks when you decide to remove them? It's the same thing here.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline CheeseyTron

« Reply #92 on: Saturday, July 06, 2013, 18:25:19 PM »
I have no control over Assist or anything that's done with it. I don't really play AA either. I'm just posting in this because I agree with what Jonny is doing.

The whole "play on a non-mod server" argument is invalid. We have LOST old AA players because the gameplay they (and we) loved is destroyed with mods. All that hang around now is people that like the mods. If we allow hacks and build them into Assist people will play with them and we will lose the base of players that don't like them. Then what do you say to those people that are left that like the hacks when you decide to remove them? It's the same thing here.

I hear ya bro...but tell me why Pit is allowed to have free will to use his hacks then??? You can't tell me he can't be banned....I know too much about IT crap to say he can't be perma banned Nate.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #93 on: Saturday, July 06, 2013, 18:28:40 PM »
He's not the only one that gets past the bans, he's just the most talked about example. If you know how to code in RealBasic and want to create a better ban method/system, send Jonny a PM with your ideas.

I've tried to come up with some ideas and methods but Jonny's a bit smarter/more creative and explained to me why they wouldn't work so I'm tapped out as far as that goes.

Course, Jonny could always implement his Paypal donation-based account system. You thought disabling mods caused a shit storm, that would make people rage 10x as much.

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #94 on: Saturday, July 06, 2013, 18:29:38 PM »

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #95 on: Saturday, July 06, 2013, 18:30:48 PM »
theres NO perma ban, you will NEVER find it in any game!
theres only ways to block dumb ppl. :D, hope you get it.

when it comes to software or even hardware, theres no control(not 100%)

nice sig Spanky lol.
Vanoke, try a different Font/Color, cuz I can't read what is written in that image.
« Last Edit: Saturday, July 06, 2013, 18:33:34 PM by Possessed »
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #96 on: Saturday, July 06, 2013, 18:35:05 PM »
Vanoke, please read my signature. You need to comply.

Offline CheeseyTron

« Reply #97 on: Saturday, July 06, 2013, 18:37:16 PM »
Hahaha...that's a great sig Nate!!! :up:

Offline CheeseyTron

« Reply #98 on: Saturday, July 06, 2013, 18:40:39 PM »
I've tried to come up with some ideas and methods but Jonny's a bit smarter/more creative and explained to me why they wouldn't work so I'm tapped out as far as that goes.

Fair enough bud.... :up:

Offline IGC Wolf^

• Banned
    • View Profile
  • AA: Banned
« Reply #99 on: Saturday, July 06, 2013, 19:53:42 PM »
Vanoke, try a different Font/Color, cuz I can't read what is written in that image.

you can talk and talk and talk and talk and so on talk.
and talk again and so on talk again.
First they say with no authorization and honor, then they cut us out.
Then we are the bad guys because (I dont know WE DID OUR BEST

Offline Ak4fire

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: Saturday, July 06, 2013, 20:36:03 PM »
We have LOST old AA players because the gameplay they (and we) loved is destroyed with mods.

Do you really believe what you say? If they play on a no mod sever where do you have your problem then? Now have they just listened to those who have been screaming high. Even if this is a old game it needs to be developed. How many more players do you have that still play AA2 only because that is mod servers who have honor? Where is the pain threshold when there are not enough people who want to play AA2? This is not about to have small core of supporters of the old AA2. If you really want a future for AA2 then you should allow the server with mod and honor.

Look in the mirror. How many have you lost last year? Ask yourself why. People get tired of the game and move on to other games. What remains is a small clique who like it. In time more and more quit. How do you plan to fill it up again? I say you dont have any plan to fill it up again. You dont care because you only listen on them who screaming high. If you really wish the best for AA2 you cant only go after your your own opinion or by those who shout loudest. That is more ppl then you that play AA2 do never forget that. Common sense is all that is needed, which is missing. Unfortunately, I do not think that you are going to celebrate any 10 year anniversary if you continue on the road era.

It's easy to lose players but difficult to get new ones, but sees no future for the game what are you going with new then?
Put back MOD with honor but change how they are show in assist. 1 list with MOD and 1 list without MOD.

Offline Bart!

« Reply #101 on: Saturday, July 06, 2013, 21:01:44 PM »
Do you really believe what you say? If they play on a no mod sever where do you have your problem then? Now have they just listened to those who have been screaming high. Even if this is a old game it needs to be developed. How many more players do you have that still play AA2 only because that is mod servers who have honor? Where is the pain threshold when there are not enough people who want to play AA2? This is not about to have small core of supporters of the old AA2. If you really want a future for AA2 then you should allow the server with mod and honor.

Look in the mirror. How many have you lost last year? Ask yourself why. People get tired of the game and move on to other games. What remains is a small clique who like it. In time more and more quit. How do you plan to fill it up again? I say you dont have any plan to fill it up again. You dont care because you only listen on them who screaming high. If you really wish the best for AA2 you cant only go after your your own opinion or by those who shout loudest. That is more ppl then you that play AA2 do never forget that. Common sense is all that is needed, which is missing. Unfortunately, I do not think that you are going to celebrate any 10 year anniversary if you continue on the road era.

It's easy to lose players but difficult to get new ones, but sees no future for the game what are you going with new then?

So we will lose players because of the tracked stats? Mod is still possible.

However many people have left due to the mods, I can assure you that. As far as I have spoken to many old players most of them left due to this.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #102 on: Saturday, July 06, 2013, 21:23:48 PM »
Ak4fire, I know all about the player stats because I built the statistics code on this website as well as a graph that marks players. When Assist first came out, there were about as many players as there are now and it grew to hit past 200-250 online at any given time. All the mods weren't available at that time but then people started messing around and installing mods, making tutorials and it became widespread. Numbers have since decreased. I'm sure numbers will still decrease because, again, the people that are around now largely enjoy mods. Now, if those people that got tired of the mods come back and realize they're not an issue anymore, I believe they will be part of a stronger player base.

I could be wrong though... I can't read peoples minds.

Offline Darkjello769

« Reply #103 on: Saturday, July 06, 2013, 22:49:45 PM »
This patch is a huge step in the correct direction. I have ran into a couple players i havent seen for about 8 years. Its great.

Offline zoxee

« Reply #104 on: Saturday, July 06, 2013, 23:09:48 PM »
Even if this is a old game it needs to be developed

Wrong. AA2 needs to remain AA2. If you want to evolve go play another game.
As Spank said, we need to build a strong core base of AA2 fans, that's why it
needs to return to be what it was originally when it was hugely popular.
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager