Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Unnamed map WIP  (Read 7764 times)

Offline MothaGoosE

Unnamed map WIP
« on: Saturday, July 14, 2012, 06:50:15 AM »
Hey guys, let me start by saying that I've been working with the 2.4.1 editor for nearly as long as Maxbulldog (same computer) I've been working on one map in particular for the past few weeks and I'd like to know what you think of it so far. It's a work in progress, and there is still much to be done, so things are going to look a little bare. That being said, I learned the editor from unreal 2 video tutorials, Max, and posts in this forum. I understand that I still have much to learn, but I'm not here to be a pain and ask questions that have already been asked. I'm usually a quick learner. I'll shut up no and post some screens.

http://s1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh608/321goose123/

I'll put a video up soon. Also, any devs who would like the current version of the aao file are welcome. I'll provide you with a dropbox link.

As of right now, it is a dual-assault map, taking place in a shipping compound in which 3 objectives having do do with evidence gathering must be taken. US Special Forces are sent into this area to retrieve the evidence before a major hurricane hits the area (Once the time runs out). A team wins by killing the other team or holding all 3 objectives at once. At the moment, the objectives include A computer with shipping logs, a high-security computer in the president's office, and a stash of small arms. US forces must find the evidence necessary to prove that the company was involved in helping to arm a local uprising, so the mission is critical. I'm not sure if it's realistic for Special forces to be doing this, but I think it makes sense.

Thanks.
~MothaGoosE

Offline MothaGoosE

Re: Unnamed map WIP
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, July 14, 2012, 07:46:02 AM »
Thank you! :)

Offline Jason

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, July 14, 2012, 12:26:51 PM »
i would play it. hopefully competitive map as well  :D

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, July 14, 2012, 13:37:55 PM »
I am genuinely impressed. Your lighting is perfect, you're doing a great job with that. The only bad thing I have to say is in #62, disable corona collision on the windows. You can't see the headlights through the glass. Maybe some playerblocks on odd objects like the barrels that are tipped over, people can glitch out on those easily. But really, that's minor. Map looks great, in every way.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, July 14, 2012, 13:56:29 PM »
That's pretty damn good. I don't think I've ever seen anyone use that texture before in the lower vent access area. There's a couple windows that are unnaturally close to the edges of corners and such, but those are just minor details :D

Offline MothaGoosE

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, July 14, 2012, 22:17:30 PM »
To Jason: Cool. I do plan on making this a very balanced map, so hopefully it will support competitive play nicely. Definitely going to have this play tested a few times to make sure.

To ohscawet: Feel free to pm me with your idea. Although carry-able objectives are not supported in the 2.4.1 Editor and neither are destructible walls. (Thought I'd save Killaman the trouble in posting that bit, since he says it in every thread :P)

To Spanky: Thank you! I agree about the caronas, and will certainly fix that. I have started adding player blocks in some areas so far, such as around polls, piles of crates and such. I haven't added any to the barrels yet, but I need to since it's possible to get stuck in mid-air if you jump in the wrong spot. I've also implemented player blocks on certain objects that I think players will have fun figuring out. My intention is for everything to be as smooth and balanced as possible, while still feeling like a functional shipping yard. I'll just put the link at the bottom of this post if you guys want to take a look at it all in context. i haven't changed the spawns to SF classes yet.

To BlueBlaster: Thanks a lot, man! It means a lot! Any windows in particular? I am going for realism as well as functionality.

The Current version of the project file is here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/25230487/SF_Compound36a_241.zip

Thanks for the feedback, guys!

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, July 14, 2012, 22:20:44 PM »
Last screenshot, number 63. You'll notice. Oh and about carry objectives...it's possible but laziness gets the better of me.

Offline MothaGoosE

« Reply #7 on: Saturday, July 14, 2012, 22:32:37 PM »
Oh I can't believe I didn't notice that. Thanks, I will certainly take care of it. Also, I solute your laziness. I practice it daily. :P

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, July 14, 2012, 22:46:16 PM »
looks great, WC whores will love this map hehe
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline MothaGoosE

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, July 14, 2012, 22:48:44 PM »
Thanks. :)

Offline Alex

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, July 14, 2012, 22:57:47 PM »
Very impressive. I just ran through the map and got stuck on some barrels trying to get into a vent that was above a box. Had to quit.

Offline MothaGoosE

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, July 14, 2012, 23:05:30 PM »
Thanks! "I haven't added any to the barrels yet, but I need to since it's possible to get stuck in mid-air if you jump in the wrong spot." Thou hath been warned. :P

Offline Alex

« Reply #12 on: Saturday, July 14, 2012, 23:08:39 PM »
Thanks! "I haven't added any to the barrels yet, but I need to since it's possible to get stuck in mid-air if you jump in the wrong spot." Thou hath been warned. :P
Yeah I kinda skipped a lot of posts. . :P

Offline MothaGoosE

« Reply #13 on: Saturday, July 14, 2012, 23:11:12 PM »
That's all right. I also took the liberty of replicating your usual "No-carry-obj-and-destructible-walls-like-in-pcr-post"

Offline k!cker

• View Profile
  • AA: k!cker
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, July 14, 2012, 23:48:14 PM »
You need to fix the ambient sound... asap.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager