Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: You are killing the game  (Read 5294 times)

Offline Sirhan

• View Profile
  • AA: Sirhan
You are killing the game
« on: Saturday, August 24, 2013, 18:07:05 PM »
Hi all!

I have recently read a post talking about players leaving the game- which i'm also about to(not threatening simply disappointed).
but before i leave, i will try and do something like pointing out what i believe your mistakes are.

1) you are constantly updating the game, without me(the end user) seeing  any significant real change in the game, beside bugs like :getting kick for being idle while i'm not
                                       unauthorized log in.
                                       and many others.
2) Hackers are not kicked and keep on playing in front of admins
3) Admins are laying down doing nothing(i assume- playing with console)
4) Super noobs campers are running backward, right when game starts, to hide in a house, and we always have to wait  for them cause all they want is simply to survive the round, instead of killing or getting objective _
5)                                                     last but  not least
 I've been playing the game since 2004. why do you think i should take the training now?
 there should be an option for us tot skip the training! :?

hope you will mind.
Sirhan

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: You are killing the game
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, August 24, 2013, 18:11:37 PM »
Bye!
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline bollie

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, August 24, 2013, 18:13:24 PM »
haha whats spanky is saying...

a lot of arguments you throw in are ur personal/in server problems, u cant blaim the assist administration for that.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, August 24, 2013, 18:16:17 PM »
Exactly.

It's not our fault you're not coming here to read the news and see the work that's being done. It also means you're not here to vote in what gets changed/implemented.

It's also not our fault that there are campers, what can we do about that?

The only thing we can do is ban hackers and I didn't see any proof in your post so what do you expect us to do?

As for training, I had an old account that had training done but in Assist showed no training. Guess what I had to do? Complete training.

Offline [Majestic]tidididi

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, August 24, 2013, 18:16:31 PM »
BB Sirhan, have a good real life. Hello Kitty game would be awesome for you.

Offline SASF-DarkShooter

• Respected Members
  • Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, August 24, 2013, 18:16:35 PM »
Nobody can change anything without expecting a little group of people disagreeing with it. All the updates are usually minor things if you look at them seperately, but all together they're quite a change, and for me personally in most cases a big improvement.

Offline bollie

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, August 24, 2013, 18:18:28 PM »
boo I also hate noob camper spanky, plz do something about that!!
ban all noobs maybe? haha

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, August 24, 2013, 18:20:20 PM »
It's also not our fault that there are campers, what can we do about that?

Actually, I might have an old mod somewhere that was a camper deterrent. I'll pass it to ELiZ & Possessed, see what they think of it.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, August 24, 2013, 18:24:00 PM »

Offline noobslayer

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, August 24, 2013, 18:26:34 PM »
boo I also hate noob camper spanky, plz do something about that!!
ban all noobs maybe? haha

start with bollie  :D :D

Everybody, one day will die, and be forgetten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun, fuck a mundane predictable life working monday to friday with something you derive no pleasure from; just living life out till you grow old and wither away. Find a passion, form relationships, dont be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks, trust me its alot more fun that way.

Dont ever pay people out or put people down. Instead just put yourself up and let the haters do their thing. Id rather be a person thats hated on, than a person that does the hating. A wise man one said...

Offline Pegesus

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, August 24, 2013, 18:41:25 PM »
Im probably one of the few that actually agree with the op, probably not in the sense that your killing the game, but you are making it hard for new and old players to enjoy it.

Lets take a look back at some old posts about taking assist to 2.8.5, not very many people supported the idea, mainly those behind the assist poject, what if this and what if that and mac blah blah blah. Yet here we are using the sai from 2.8.5, digi camo from 2.8.5. rolling back maps ect ect, where will it go from there.

As for the training yes its a great idea, but like the op i did mine way way back in 2002 and passionately played the game for a solid 10 years, do you really want me to do it again, in some way i find that degrading to old school or veteran players, however you want to put it, personal opinion maybe but im sure alot of others would agree.

I fully support the assist project and what its trying to do, yet i worry for the future of it. Yes i am part of the "team" but i choose to take a back seat and watch whats going on, some of the forum posts and reply ive seen have been very abusive towards users and i see alot of discrimination, again personal opinion, but if i see it like that then others do too.  ;) :oops: ;)
CPU: Intel i7 o/c to 4.40ghz
RAM: 32GB Patriot Red
GFX: MSI GTX650Ti Boost
Sound: Creative X-Fi
Headset: Steelseries 4H
Mouse: Steelseries Kinzu v2
Keys: Cyborg v5

Offline IGC Wolf^

• Banned
    • View Profile
  • AA: Banned
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, August 24, 2013, 18:45:48 PM »
Complaining about the new updates...but you talk about servers....that admins have nothing to do as well as with those updates.

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, August 24, 2013, 18:53:36 PM »
u won't be missed, so u can now uninstall

Offline CheeseyTron

« Reply #13 on: Saturday, August 24, 2013, 18:55:11 PM »
The admins will figure this out...patience people....   :up:

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, August 24, 2013, 19:00:38 PM »
We would have moved to 2.8.5 had it been possible. From what I remember the vast majority of users supported the idea which is why ELiZ put fourth so much effort in the first place.

He ran into a brick wall and his efforts weren't leaving enough time for his personal life so he dialed it down a few notches. From my standpoint, it was relatively quick for him to port the SAI and digital camo (fixing the bugs took the longest) and the users wanted it so why NOT do it? It's less reasons for the 2.8.5 fanboys to ignore this brilliant project. The only advantage they have is AI and that will likely change in the near future. The whole point of doing these updates is to get the whole AA2 community on a common ground instead of having the 2.8.5 players split off. All these updates are optional (maybe not the digi camo) so there shouldn't be any complaining.

Again, on the training, yea, it sucked to have to do it again but in reality it didn't take much time and I kind of doubt Jonny will implement something to "grant" players training, he would have done it already.

Before I lose my fucking head again, there's one thing all you players can do to help yourselves out. Come here often. Pay attention to the news. Pay attention to the discussion. You want a say in what's going on? Come here and be a part of it! Don't just come here afterwards to complain. Without you, the players, the game doesn't exist. Without us, the devs, the game doesn't exist. Let's work together to take this as far as it can go. Get involved, be patient and have some understanding. That's all.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager