Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: You are killing the game  (Read 5292 times)

Offline zoxee

Re: You are killing the game
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, August 24, 2013, 19:06:17 PM »
Hi all!

I have recently read a post talking about players leaving the game- which i'm also about to(not threatening simply disappointed).
but before i leave, i will try and do something like pointing out what i believe your mistakes are.

1) you are constantly updating the game, without me(the end user) seeing  any significant real change in the game, beside bugs like :getting kick for being idle while i'm not
                                       unauthorized log in.
                                       and many others.
2) Hackers are not kicked and keep on playing in front of admins
3) Admins are laying down doing nothing(i assume- playing with console)
4) Super noobs campers are running backward, right when game starts, to hide in a house, and we always have to wait  for them cause all they want is simply to survive the round, instead of killing or getting objective _
5)                                                     last but  not least
 I've been playing the game since 2004. why do you think i should take the training now?
 there should be an option for us tot skip the training! :?

hope you will mind.
Sirhan

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LJEyWpJ0Vw&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, August 24, 2013, 19:43:42 PM »
been watching this bashfest from a distance now for a while, and i gotta say, shit never changes. Eliz has made a hästjobb getting this port complete and working, so kudos for that. AA has always been like this, fuck i remember when the new ironsights were introduced, people went fukcing crazy, and it didn't take 1 week for a new patch to come out back then, it took 4 months. So the fast improvements and swift actions this "dev" team is taking is just wonderful to watch. And without any payment at all. Regarding the newest SAI thingie, it might have been a mistake if i express my own opinion, since it feels like the problem that came afterwards was like a avalanche effect caused my the SAI implement, having this said i have no clue about programming or what it takes to implement something from 2.8.x into an older version with older codes and shti like that.

But all in all, you're all doing a great job, and to the people who claim that you fuck the game up, just sit down and wait, it'll get better, it always has been and will continue to be so untill everyone is satisfied....Or not.
To quote [Dev]Abraxas "if someone gave you a pile of gold, you'd complain it was too heavy"

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, August 24, 2013, 20:08:44 PM »
it didn't take 1 week for a new patch to come out back then, it took 4 months. So the fast improvements and swift actions this "dev" team is taking is just wonderful to watch. And without any payment at all.

I was going to mention this but decided not to. I'm glad you did though. We have less tools, less knowledge, less manpower yet we're pushing out updates faster than the devs ever did.

Some people may accuse us (me mostly) of not being able to take criticism. That's not right to say. There's a big difference between opinion & suggestion versus blatant complaining and hate. It doesn't bother me if someone doesn't like a feature that gets implemented. Hell, I'm usually the first one that suggests "let's add an option to turn it on/off" because you want to cater to as many users as possible.

But when people like Dav3 and Sirhan come here with the sole purpose to complain and tell us we're killing the game and that we fucked up, it solves absolutely nothing. Pure complaints, never any suggestions or offers to help. Fact is, people like that don't know about the work being done. They don't know what it's taken these past 6+ years to get Assist to where it is today. Hell, I don't even know.

Yes, the SAI was a catastrophic mess but we're human and it was an easy mistake. Smoke helped ELiZ fix the issues and get new builds out. He was around the UScript scene back when it was the main method of coding mods & hacks back in the day. He knows a lot about UScript and said this to me the day we were testing the SAI and releasing fixes:
theres 2 other functions
that will eff up too
They call Mycontroller
which is set in post render
if ViewPortOwner.Actor and Viewportowner.actor.pawn are valid
which they arent if your dead
causing the CE
because even though it shouldnt
its trying to call SetFOV();

ClearFriendsAtRoundEnd();

ClearEnemiesAtRoundEnd();

Im saying its a simple mistake
That could be made by anyone
Something i've done dozens of times

I have no idea what that means but I know know that as a coder, everybody that writes code makes mistakes from time to time. Does it mean they're not good at what they do? Absolutely not.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Ganja

« Reply #18 on: Sunday, August 25, 2013, 05:07:33 AM »

Sirhan, you come here to complain about campers, not real smart of you. But tell you what. Something that is killing the game right now, in my opinion, are guys playing the same map over and over again, becoming mapwhore, making it impossible for newcomers to kill anyone on a map where people played already 5000 hours on it. Now you can stop playing Border, go on poolday or urban or whatever and there will be less campers, tadaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Before I lose my fucking head again, there's one thing all you players can do to help yourselves out. Come here often. Pay attention to the news. Pay attention to the discussion. You want a say in what's going on? Come here and be a part of it! Don't just come here afterwards to complain. Without you, the players, the game doesn't exist. Without us, the devs, the game doesn't exist. Let's work together to take this as far as it can go. Get involved, be patient and have some understanding. That's all.

This might be too much asked for a big part of the players. Sad but true, people are acting passively about this. They are closing their eyes on what's going on with AA. I'm pretty sure a lot of them don't even know where assist comes from or whatever. They just come here when something changed in their old habits, instead of coming here before, to try and give their opinion about eventual changes.

Offline ]-KTA-[Helldiver

« Reply #19 on: Sunday, August 25, 2013, 05:57:13 AM »
oha I kill the game because I play hosp? BURN IN HELL nub!  :D :D :D :D

Offline Ganja

« Reply #20 on: Sunday, August 25, 2013, 06:35:49 AM »
AA would be so awesome if everybody at least tried all the maps ...

JonnyM

« Reply #21 on: Sunday, August 25, 2013, 06:41:55 AM »
I have to agree, there are some fantastic maps that never get played. And when you do play them its like everyone is levelled out, everyone has roughly the same amount of skill because everyone is new to that map. I had a few friends who were just too lazy to learn new maps and they got bored of the game, well if you only play bridge you will get bored.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #22 on: Sunday, August 25, 2013, 06:54:43 AM »
Exactly, but it's also boring for the others, that are average on all maps, to play against map whores that know everything about the map

Offline Calevey

• View Profile
    • SASF Clan
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, August 25, 2013, 08:44:14 AM »
Way too often ppl seem to complain about the game and updates without realizing it's the (certain type of) players that "ruin" the game. Assist team has ruined the game for sure, they have kept it alive...
- Getting old, cold and slow -

Offline noobslayer

« Reply #24 on: Sunday, August 25, 2013, 10:06:25 AM »
I have to agree, there are some fantastic maps that never get played. And when you do play them its like everyone is levelled out, everyone has roughly the same amount of skill because everyone is new to that map. I had a few friends who were just too lazy to learn new maps and they got bored of the game, well if you only play bridge you will get bored.

That's whats happening to the current players. Everyone plays pipeline, bridge, hosp and ua. I asked the players on our full server for a map change. Result: They want UA or stay pipe -,-

Everybody, one day will die, and be forgetten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun, fuck a mundane predictable life working monday to friday with something you derive no pleasure from; just living life out till you grow old and wither away. Find a passion, form relationships, dont be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks, trust me its alot more fun that way.

Dont ever pay people out or put people down. Instead just put yourself up and let the haters do their thing. Id rather be a person thats hated on, than a person that does the hating. A wise man one said...

Offline Darkjello769

« Reply #25 on: Sunday, August 25, 2013, 10:07:50 AM »
Only thing thats really really annoying atm is the same error i keep getting. And it shuts down assist and the game.

An exception of class OutOfBoundsException was not handled. The application must shut down.

Never had that before till now.

JonnyM

« Reply #26 on: Sunday, August 25, 2013, 10:14:37 AM »
Can you submit a bug report.

Offline NoBigDeal

• Loyal Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 17:50:15 PM »
Topic: You are killing the game
I think, guy have made a point...
...and this:
Bye!
..or this:
u won't be missed, so u can now uninstall
...not helping - is not a way out of the situation.

Anyways:
...We have less tools, less knowledge, less manpower yet we're pushing out updates faster than the devs ever did...
I'm almost proud of you guys ( :up:), but 'fast' doesn't mean 'good' ( :down:). You should take your times to test new stuff before final release - if not, a situation like this will not be the last ...
What if you could change the world by changing your perspective of it?
Would you?

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #28 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 17:52:37 PM »
You should take your times to test new stuff before final release - if not, a situation like this will not be the last ...

I've said it many times, we do test but there's only so much a couple of us can do. The last major SAI bug was only replicable in a server with a lot of people. The issue never came up in our limited testing. We've asked the users to test but the last public beta wasn't used much.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline NoBigDeal

• Loyal Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 18:10:18 PM »
Always you can run separate test server with new mod and special name in it (i.e. SAI_Test), then ask the people on  the forum to join for testing (server should send automatically this mod to the client...).
What if you could change the world by changing your perspective of it?
Would you?

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager