Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Why The New Update for 2.5 Assist?  (Read 5453 times)

Offline iTiZmONk3y

Why The New Update for 2.5 Assist?
« on: Saturday, July 06, 2013, 17:52:35 PM »
Ok, I want to understand why the new update for 2.5 Assist includes No Honor and No battletracker for Americas Army Mod'd Servers. What is the point? We have been PAYING for this server for a long time. Our server during the middle of the day until evening is almost always full for 4 to 5 hours each day. So why are we all of a sudden left with a Non Honor and Non Tracked server that people now do not join because of that. We have been LOYAL to the game and are fair and active players. If you think it is going to bring in more people I would like someone to name ONE plausible reason why it would do just that. Please fix this, 100 to 200 active players throughout most parts of the day is about all you can ask for a game that is 15 or more years old. So seriously, let the people who PAY for the servers and keep the damn game going get what we want. Thank you.  :censored:

JonnyM

Re: Why The New Update for 2.5 Assist?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, July 06, 2013, 17:56:35 PM »
Its your server and your free to do anything you want with it. But don't expect aa25.org to honor or track you! You do not pay aa25.org nor do you have a contract with us.

Offline waNted

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, July 06, 2013, 17:59:08 PM »
Why do you guys really care that much about being tracked or gain points, modded servers never been like that before assist and no1 was crying about that
they see me ROLLIN' they HATIN'

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, July 06, 2013, 18:05:53 PM »
Yet another person registering here just to bitch and complain. Don't bother to be helpful, participate in discussions or type a simple thank you for the hundreds of hours Jonny and others have put into this FREE project so you can play.

Quoted from another thread:
You can do whatever you want, including uninstalling Assist.

You're not paying for Assist, there is no contract and thus no right that you have to demand any features. You have no obligation to use it either. Assist was developed and is maintained by people for free and they can do what they want with it.

I think you're forgetting about what it used to be like when Pragmatic was running honor for Americas Army. There was an additional cost and it was easy to report servers for abuse and get servers shutdown or de-authorized. There is no cost now. The only thing Jonny asks is that you don't use mods that unbalance the game or destroy core gameplay. You're welcome to use those mods still but the honor will be disabled through HIS program. Right now, you're getting less harsh rules/consequences and not paying a dime compared to Pragmatic's system.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline iTiZmONk3y

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, July 06, 2013, 18:09:30 PM »
We care because we have been loyal to the game. I'm sure if aa25 was the people to go to to get a server we would without any questions asked. Why do you care so much about taking it off? Thats what I want to know, is what is the benefit of doing this besides a few people's whiney complaints about it being UNFAIR, boohoo. Better cpu's than others is unfair i dont see you buying people computers, headphones compared to speakers is unfair i dont see you getting people headphones. So why take it off?

Offline iTiZmONk3y

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, July 06, 2013, 18:15:19 PM »
Its great the work and effort you have put into the game but would be completely useless if there were no players to play. Which is what we are, don't get me wrong i'm happy that the game is still around, and will continue to play either way, you keeping this game alive is much appreciated. I just want a resonable explanation for taking away Honor and Tracker for mod servers. Wether you going to do anything about it is irrelevent, i just want to know why.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, July 06, 2013, 18:16:34 PM »
Because mods severely alter the original gameplay that America's Army is known for. Same reason why you could report a server to Pragmatic to get it disabled. The game was built for realism and balanced gameplay. Mods throw that out the window. It's not about doing things because people whine, it's about taking the project in a direction that restores the classic AA that we all loved.

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, July 06, 2013, 18:17:58 PM »

« Last Edit: Sunday, July 07, 2013, 03:30:39 AM by Vanoke »

Offline CheeseyTron

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, July 06, 2013, 18:21:24 PM »
Because mods severely alter the original gameplay that America's Army is known for. Same reason why you could report a server to Pragmatic to get it disabled. The game was built for realism and balanced gameplay. Mods throw that out the window. It's not about doing things because people whine, it's about taking the project in a direction that restores the classic AA that we all loved.

Understood Nate,but I think the majority of players don't mind mods now and than to mix up the game play...it's all about balance of game play.....Jonny has done a hell of a job,along with a few other admins to keep this game alive,and it's commended by the community!

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, July 06, 2013, 18:23:26 PM »
That's perfectly fine. I enjoy mods too. I like fucking around in low gravity or RPG fest or whatever but there's a time and place.

That's the whole reason why mods are discouraged but still allowed. Jonny could add code to Assist that deletes the entire AA installation when you install a mod but instead he decided to just disable tracking. I think that's a very fair compromise.

Offline iTiZmONk3y

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, July 06, 2013, 18:26:34 PM »
I agree a hell of a job, but yes people have adapted to the Mod's. I think it gives you a great chance to try out all the guns offered by the game, and as far as I can tell the game has got to be more popular since the mod servers, and if you want realism, when you join the army, you choose what kind of soldier to become which decides what gun you use. Honestly I enjoy the old guns on insurgent camp but when my team is getting stomped and I need a different gun to help us out i like to be able to do so. Oh and honestly I didn't even know this site was around and now that I do I will be active in conversations and posts, i'm not here just to "bitch".

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, July 06, 2013, 18:33:54 PM »
Perhaps a better pick-a-weap mod would be a more elegant answer. Having different modes such as rifle, machine gun or explosives to stop people from using a rpg when everybody else is having a pistol match. Then maybe allow 1 or 2 people per team to have an AR or something like that.

The problem with that is that none of us really know how to use UScript very effectively. Disabling tracking is by far more easier, faster and fair across the board than trying to redesign current mods.

I'm glad you'll stick around. I just always find it amazing that nobody seems to have heard of this site despite this being the official website that's been running for a year and a half. Most new users just come here to bitch when they think someone is hacking or when something gets changed in Assist or god forbid, when there's down time.

Offline iTiZmONk3y

« Reply #12 on: Saturday, July 06, 2013, 18:45:50 PM »
Ya I am suprised I haven't heard of it as well, but now that i'm here i'm happy to be here. Like you said maybe a different type of Mod server is needed, one that still has a limit to which type of guns to be used. For example on a 13 slot team, 6 SF guns, 3 Grenade Launchers, 2 Snipers, and 2 Ar/Rpk's. Givin the exeption that snipers can be also the no scope ranger gun incase you dont wish to snipe and are stuck with the last 2 picks..

Offline Mixk

« Reply #13 on: Saturday, July 06, 2013, 18:48:15 PM »
I'm glad you'll stick around. I just always find it amazing that nobody seems to have heard of this site despite this being the official website that's been running for a year and a half. Most new users just come here to bitch when they think someone is hacking or when something gets changed in Assist or god forbid, when there's down time.

LOL Truth be known I had downloaded the game and been playing it a while and didn't realize the forums were here till I googled something and one of the search links led to these forums.
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Offline Bart!

« Reply #14 on: Saturday, July 06, 2013, 18:54:51 PM »

are these monkeys acting like this because of all the bad english?

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager