Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Why The New Update for 2.5 Assist?  (Read 5458 times)

Offline waNted

Re: Why The New Update for 2.5 Assist?
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, July 06, 2013, 18:59:43 PM »
I don't get it, you can still play with mods, just not tracked, why do you care that much?
they see me ROLLIN' they HATIN'

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #16 on: Saturday, July 06, 2013, 18:59:50 PM »
hi to all
now we should just make a step back and watch what will happened. the admins and programmer of this game can do what they want. and I guess, maybe, this can go in a good direction. first of all I did not think that it will, but maybe it is a good way.
let's try it. enjoy and relax. give it a chance. for sure, none of us would like to see this game dead (maybe almost all).
so maybe in the future, when the players are growing (what a nice expression :)) then they will maybe accept the modded servers like they do already, but maybe with half honor counting and not with nothing.
but until then, just go and fight and kill all the cheating noobs.
and enjoy the game!

Offline iTiZmONk3y

« Reply #17 on: Saturday, July 06, 2013, 19:32:03 PM »
I mostly care because I have lost my old account with 60 thousand kills and 95 honor, started my new tracker and now the only American server that plays my favorite map, insurgent camp, doesn't get honored or tracked, there you happy wanted? Anyways I have posted my hopeful alternative solution. So I hope it is taken into consideration. I don't think I will be on much until either my clan desides to take off the mod or aa assist takes off there no honor, no track rule. In all reality I hope that my clan decides to take off the mod but unfortunately my clan leader who pays for most of the server is severly against it. My posting was mostly on his behalf, I appreciate all the replies to try and resolve my issue and not just ask why do I care, or why am I crying about it. Good day

Offline Ganja

« Reply #18 on: Saturday, July 06, 2013, 19:35:01 PM »
I don't get it, you can still play with mods, just not tracked, why do you care that much?

Tracking is an important thing of any game I think.
Even when you have a bad k/d rate, it's always funny to see your statistics etc. So when you play on modded server you won't have any 'progression' and it's not cool

Offline IGC Wolf^

• Banned
    • View Profile
  • AA: Banned
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, July 06, 2013, 19:45:48 PM »
The players base is not dropping as you may all express. Every time I join any server I always meet at least 1 new player who has just joined the game or who has played from the past and they say that they are enjoying with what admins did to assist disabling modded servers tracked. This is one step forward. The noobs now has more chance to kill someone. On the bridge there are less spam nades of course and most of the team secure going past their tower. The only thing that assist needs is to keep moving forward. Admins should make a sticky thread with the option that players could give their opinions for the next assist release, what they would like to see. in the game and every opinion discussed.

What assist is missing is passion. Eliz did a great job and she was close on moving to 2.8 but she didnt have a lot of passion anymore. That's happens to everyone and you can't change it but if we try all to move forward and stop arguing about every little hacker/cheater or what the admins do/did to the assist and we can make this happen. There were lots of threads about lets go lets do it but admins couldnt move forward because they are lack of passion to the game.

Another thing is that assist admins or we could say ''staff'' doesn't have experienced coders to change assist into a better game. There were adverts if anyone is a good coder could help the johny. You are welcome to pm him and you may get a staff position. Admins are welcome to accept the new outcomer if he is willing to do stuff and he is experienced coder.

Some things could change if admins start looking into recruits. They should divide the jobs, Etc nate/spanky could work on the maps, sergio work on domain and so on payments, johny on assist, possed on hacker/cheaters and so on dividing jobs what they have to do. Recruit new people who would maybe would look to work on more stuff such as textures, art and design stuff and so on.

The game is alive until we see 0 people on the servers.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, July 06, 2013, 20:08:34 PM »
ELiZ is a Man. :P
I think all spots are already filled up, ofc any help is welcome but I don't think we should share most infos, we have suffered in the past, it's hard to find trustable ppl.
We can't spot all the cheaters alone(btw Sergio is almost in every place lol), so your report is valid, even when it appears to be ignored, the players are the best anti-cheat tool. we reserve the right to ban anyone at any time for w/e reason, but, we can't ban every suspect instantly only based on reports.

speaking of the best AC tool, what if we add something like League of Legends Tribunal.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/ NA
http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/ EU West
http://eune.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/ Eu Nordic & East
« Last Edit: Saturday, July 06, 2013, 20:15:10 PM by Possessed »
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Ganja

« Reply #21 on: Saturday, July 06, 2013, 20:43:04 PM »
The noobs now has more chance to kill someone.

So not true

Offline IGC Wolf^

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, July 06, 2013, 20:57:50 PM »

Offline Ganja

« Reply #23 on: Saturday, July 06, 2013, 21:01:20 PM »
Oh come on you have all been stating this: "People choose sf guns and stuff because it's easy to shoot with that scope".
A noob will be able to campp and rpg u without alot of problems, but now only oldschool pro's are back so newbies don't even have a chance with that m16. Dont try to find arguments who aren't true

Offline R!$kX

« Reply #24 on: Saturday, July 06, 2013, 21:03:37 PM »
Great job Jonny, i see already new (old) people coming in, this update had to be implemented

Offline Bart!

« Reply #25 on: Saturday, July 06, 2013, 21:06:36 PM »

speaking of the best AC tool, what if we add something like League of Legends Tribunal.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/ NA
http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/ EU West
http://eune.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/ Eu Nordic & East
I played LoL a lot last year, thus far the tribunal seemed to not have worked. Reporting them by pm or via the forum is the best way to do it for now, maybe you should make it a totally private report instead of a public forum report.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, July 06, 2013, 21:28:18 PM »
hi to all
now we should just make a step back and watch what will happened. the admins and programmer of this game can do what they want. and I guess, maybe, this can go in a good direction. first of all I did not think that it will, but maybe it is a good way.
let's try it. enjoy and relax. give it a chance. for sure, none of us would like to see this game dead (maybe almost all).
so maybe in the future, when the players are growing (what a nice expression :)) then they will maybe accept the modded servers like they do already, but maybe with half honor counting and not with nothing.
but until then, just go and fight and kill all the cheating noobs.
and enjoy the game!

A big thanks to Merlin for disagreeing with the decision but understanding and accepting it. His level of maturity and gratitude is what all AA players should strive to have.

Also, if discouraging mods turns out to be a horrible decision and the vast majority of players leave rapidly, I'm sure Jonny will do something to remedy that. Bottom line is, you need players to keep a game alive.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline IGC Wolf^

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, July 06, 2013, 21:29:40 PM »
Oh come on you have all been stating this: "People choose sf guns and stuff because it's easy to shoot with that scope".
A noob will be able to campp and rpg u without alot of problems, but now only oldschool pro's are back so newbies don't even have a chance with that m16. Dont try to find arguments who aren't true

Even veterans have forgotten how to use m16 like most of the people who played modded servers i really don't want to argue here.

Offline zoxee

« Reply #28 on: Saturday, July 06, 2013, 23:26:52 PM »
Also, if discouraging mods turns out to be a horrible decision and the vast majority of players leave rapidly

U GUYS WORRY TO MUCH. GETTING RID OF MODS REMINDS ME OF THE FEARS RESTAURANT
AND CLUB OWNERS HAD WHEN THEY DECIDED TO FORBID SMOKING. THEY THOUGHT THE
JOINTS WOULD GO BANKRUPT AND THEY WERE INDEED EMPTY FOR A SHORT TIME,
BUT THEN PEOPLE GOT USED TO IT AND NOW THEY ARE EVEN MORE ATTENDED
THAN BEFORE THE BAN  :up:
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, July 06, 2013, 23:46:45 PM »
I hope that's the way it goes zoxee.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager