Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: were are the players from the start of assist  (Read 3616 times)

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
were are the players from the start of assist
« on: Friday, August 23, 2013, 07:43:46 AM »
Was talking to members we see that alot players are away
First we think becose hollydays but it looks like there is more,
 i realy hope for now that the updates will reduse and the rest in game will come
Back so admins from servers can enjoy the game witout all the diffeculties that come whit the updates for there clients.

Updates are nessesairy and good to make game atractive.
Rest in how you say playabilety is nessesairy to gif the gamers there contacts and fun in the game .

P.s i am curius what is change all if i am home agan

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: were are the players from the start of assist
« Reply #1 on: Friday, August 23, 2013, 13:23:03 PM »
It's summer time, I think you'll find more kids playing here in another month or two. I'm not sure if that's a good thing...
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday, August 23, 2013, 13:47:34 PM »
It's summer time, I think you'll find more kids playing here in another month or two. I'm not sure if that's a good thing...

well hopefully not, and hope they take summer school, we have enough little kiddies here lol

Offline Mike Mentzer

• don't change old maps!! Give noobs not a chance!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday, August 23, 2013, 14:06:43 PM »
http://battletracker.com/index.php?page=AAOTrackerStats
lol look at the game activity historie- shema i don't think they are all in vacation.
no offence but in the real steal army i dont have a SAI and stuff like playername in my eyes"lol".

:idea: we schould keep this unique and realistic gameplay as well befor without bugs.
Nice some Ass licking around   ((_) :censored: D :P (_o_) :P

Offline Ganja

« Reply #4 on: Friday, August 23, 2013, 14:10:35 PM »

no offence but in the real steal army i dont have a SAI and stuff like playername in my eyes"lol".

:idea: we schould keep this unique and realistic gameplay as well befor without bugs.

No offence, but everybody can see how this is going off topic

Offline pit-23

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday, August 23, 2013, 16:20:42 PM »
well hopefully not, and hope they take summer school, we have enough little kiddies here lol

ya sure

wickid the best example of mature aa playa

lol

Offline Mixk

« Reply #6 on: Friday, August 23, 2013, 16:59:06 PM »
http://battletracker.com/index.php?page=AAOTrackerStats
lol look at the game activity historie- shema i don't think they are all in vacation.

In the real army generally you do as instructed, medics treat wounded instead run the other direction, your team works as a team, if able you report your location when asked, if you catch friendly fire you don't hunt down the person and turn them into sausage with 50 rounds with ar and when you die your dead you don't speak to the living telling them where your enemy is. 
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Offline Rapture

« Reply #7 on: Friday, August 23, 2013, 18:14:42 PM »
ntm they have GPS (it was actually made for the military before it went to general population) and drones that can spot not only enemy but friendlies. so don't disrespect my sai.

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday, August 23, 2013, 18:42:44 PM »
The sec. part i was try to tell Is that admins need to time and a good playground to make a clan , if this go on like now i see a lot players go to adder games .
Its difficult enuf special for new servers whitout members.
So agan reduse updates now the people will look agan in servers so we admins can build to
On assist 2.5 aa army a game like no adder game .

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #9 on: Friday, August 23, 2013, 18:46:06 PM »
How is a 10mb update going to make players go to another game? Most of the Assist updates have been under 10mb. Takes more time to verify map versions than it does to update Assist. If players are THAT impatient, wait until they get in-game, die and have to wait 5 minutes for a new round to start...

We're not going to stop improving Assist and adding content. There's no reason to stop.

Offline Rob_LD

« Reply #10 on: Friday, August 23, 2013, 19:00:34 PM »
But I wonder if it is possible to reconsider the update procedure.

We experienced an update-marathon within the last weeks, not least because some updates caused some trouble.
It may be better to have a longer beta phase before they get public to avoid patching the patch.

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday, August 23, 2013, 19:03:36 PM »
I so alot players complain about trobles after updates but i think thats only the top that complain about it hear on forum the biggest group that you dont hear will go look els weare you can do this 1 time all those updates meaby 2 times but thats not the meaning of this game to experiment to muts . It needs to stability.
P.s i mis google trancelate now sorry for that i mis the right emotions to make it understandeble .

How is a 10mb update going to make players go to another game? Most of the Assist updates have been under 10mb. Takes more time to verify map versions than it does to update Assist. If players are THAT impatient, wait until they get in-game, die and have to wait 5 minutes for a new round to start...

We're not going to stop improving Assist and adding content. There's no reason to stop.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #12 on: Friday, August 23, 2013, 19:15:47 PM »
Ok, I see your points but I've explained this a few times already. Those SAI updates which included the InteractionManager Critical Errors were a fluke bug that was hard to reproduce and tough to fix. We DID perform a beta test, several actually. The problem was, that SAI bug did NOT appear in those tests. Why? I believe it's due to a low player count on the test server. When the SAI was released into the wild on full servers, the problem with dead player icons came up very quickly. The fastest way we could troubleshoot, attempt a fix and then test that fix was to update the main version of Assist.

ELiZ, Smoke, myself and countless players ran through 7 SAI versions that one day that the issue was recognized and resolved. Each update served a purpose for testing, finding and attempted fixing of the problem. The only reason we fixed that Critical Error was purely because we tested it in the public environment. Without the users help, fixing the issue would have taken a LOT longer.

I'm sure it was frustrating for the users but it was 100% necessary. Now, the SAI is stable, there are no problems and the forum is a LOT quieter because of that. There will be more updates in the future but hopefully none that require several updates in a single day again.

Offline CheeseyTron

« Reply #13 on: Friday, August 23, 2013, 19:23:49 PM »
Job well done fellas...  :up:

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday, August 23, 2013, 19:54:49 PM »
Thats alot explain spanky looks we both understand this forum yes hope adders how are not reading all this get if its possible sort mail that game works fine now and we are happy to see them soon ! Its only good to make that mail to gif players a good fieling that we care about them.
Tkx spanky for reading and ansers  i make my point i think you understand me to

Ok, I see your points but I've explained this a few times already. Those SAI updates which included the InteractionManager Critical Errors were a fluke bug that was hard to reproduce and tough to fix. We DID perform a beta test, several actually. The problem was, that SAI bug did NOT appear in those tests. Why? I believe it's due to a low player count on the test server. When the SAI was released into the wild on full servers, the problem with dead player icons came up very quickly. The fastest way we could troubleshoot, attempt a fix and then test that fix was to update the main version of Assist.

ELiZ, Smoke, myself and countless players ran through 7 SAI versions that one day that the issue was recognized and resolved. Each update served a purpose for testing, finding and attempted fixing of the problem. The only reason we fixed that Critical Error was purely because we tested it in the public environment. Without the users help, fixing the issue would have taken a LOT longer.

I'm sure it was frustrating for the users but it was 100% necessary. Now, the SAI is stable, there are no problems and the forum is a LOT quieter because of that. There will be more updates in the future but hopefully none that require several updates in a single day again.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager