Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Hand over of Command  (Read 11594 times)

Offline Maxbulldog_53

Re: Hand over of Command
« Reply #30 on: Friday, April 20, 2012, 16:48:26 PM »
Not really sure what I can do to help this situation but I'd be willing to do whatever I can to keep 25assist running.
I need teepee for my bunghole!

Xfire----maxifymecaptain

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/1696/mouseyo.gif[/img]

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #31 on: Friday, April 20, 2012, 17:03:17 PM »
going down is not an option.

Too many of my dates are ended when she says that.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Maxbulldog_53

« Reply #32 on: Friday, April 20, 2012, 17:13:50 PM »

heartbreaker...
I need teepee for my bunghole!

Xfire----maxifymecaptain

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/1696/mouseyo.gif[/img]

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday, April 20, 2012, 17:22:08 PM »

That's why I've started using that line. Booyakasha.

Offline august

• Respected Members
    • View Profile
  • AA: Avguste
« Reply #34 on: Friday, April 20, 2012, 19:35:06 PM »
I would like to begin by thanking Jonny and the others for running AA2.5 and bringing back the excitement.
I also agree that we have to do all we can to get 2.5 going and growing.

Personally the only way I can help AA2.5 is with the site/forums. I am ready to fully admin the site/forums (add features, improve the current site and so forth).  I have much experience with SMF, the modules, administration and I am all about keeping the AA2.5 community alive and growing.

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday, April 20, 2012, 21:04:38 PM »
So far the first matter of business is to for Pit to get familiar with the auth server and such. Once that has settled down we can start on the other matters of business.

I believe the other matters of business include pushing the Assist name out more and centralizing the website and features.

August is still adamant about advertising Assist and administrating the community. When the dust settles and we get to focusing on the site I'll have August take some more charge with that stuff since he's been helping us out.

Now it's everyone else's turn to post suggestions.

Offline pit-23

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 13:53:48 PM »
Jonny has just given me access to lots of stuff, so I consider the hand-over as complete. Thank you all for the trust - I can assure you I will rule the assist with wisdom and responsibility. I won't fail you.

My first decisions are:

1. I change my nickname to "His_Majesty_PIT-23". Calling me any other way (e.g. simply "pit") will result in a BAN.
2. I change my honor to 1000. Everyone else is limited to 110 (ok, to 120, I'm generous).
3. I assign myself a special in-game icon. I still haven't decided, but I will choose from one of those: http://www.google.pl/search?q=crown+icon&hl=pl&client=firefox-a&hs=tC0&rls=org.mozilla:pl:official&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=ZvKST4rIIen64QS-rcDQDw&ved=0CCcQsAQ&biw=1440&bih=785&sei=bPKST5-3PMTOsgauoP3EBA
4. Killing me in game (or even flashing) will result in a BAN.
5. Failing to die when I shoot at someone will result in a BAN.
6. It will be _legal_ for me (and only me) to use god mode hack, when I feel like it. (Note that rules 4 and 5 are still necessary, cause I suck even in god mode...)
« Last Edit: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 16:17:35 PM by pit-23 »

Offline Alex

« Reply #37 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 14:02:48 PM »
Jonny has just given me access to lot's of stuff, so I consider the hand-over as complete. Thank you all for the trust - I can assure you I will rule the assist with wisdom and responsibility. I won't fail you.

My first decisions are:

1. I change my nickname to "His_Majesty_PIT-23". Calling me any other way (e.g. simply "pit") will result in a BAN.
2. I change my honor to 1000. Everyone else is limited to 110 (ok, to 120, I'm generous).
3. I assign myself a special in-game icon. I still haven't decided, but I will choose from one of those: http://www.google.pl/search?q=crown+icon&hl=pl&client=firefox-a&hs=tC0&rls=org.mozilla:pl:official&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=ZvKST4rIIen64QS-rcDQDw&ved=0CCcQsAQ&biw=1440&bih=785&sei=bPKST5-3PMTOsgauoP3EBA
6. It will be _legal_ for me (and only me) to use god mode hack, when I fell like it. (Note that rules 4 and 5 are still necessary, cause I suck even in god mode...)
;D

Offline guily6669

• Sound Engineer
  • What the heck?
    • View Profile
  • AA: guily6669
« Reply #38 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 16:19:39 PM »
I've lost a lot of interest in AA and don't want to put any more time into it. But, at the same time, I don't want to see it die.
Yeah, me too :(. I guess it's because AA2 is the game I have played more since ever, and the only true online game I played for too many years, and back then it was every days playing AA for long hours ;).

Now I kinda play AA and get tired soon, haven't played it for a while now.

Taking that out, I just wanna Thank All the good folks who helped AA25assist, and I really didn't wanted to see it die so soon again :'(. Hope someone can continue this good work (Thank You Pit-23).

ps: Thank you Johny! for making me remember the good old times! (I hope you have a good life there mate)

BTW: I just finally bought BF3 today hehe, for 32€, and could have bought it for 16€ 8). (Taking AA2 out, BF2 was also the only game I played online for long, but not as much as AA of course). Damn I have thousands and thousands of hours On AA since 2003, so much good conversations I had on the AA2 chat with the company of Microsoft SAM (Now I have ANNA which pisses me off. SCREW U M$);D.
Keep Cool
« Last Edit: Monday, April 23, 2012, 23:45:43 PM by guily6669 »

Offline Go_Cat75

• Hospital GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Sunday, April 22, 2012, 05:20:57 AM »
Jonny has just given me access to lots of stuff, so I consider the hand-over as complete. Thank you all for the trust - I can assure you I will rule the assist with wisdom and responsibility. I won't fail you.

My first decisions are:

6. It will be _legal_ for me (and only me) to use god mode hack, when I feel like it. (Note that rules 4 and 5 are still necessary, cause I suck even in god mode...)

1. :(
2. My 110 can now be 120 :)
3. Recruit?
4. :( & :(
5. :(
6. Guess you now have a chance.

Thanks for what you have done with Assist guys and Pit for taking over. ( :( - Dam another ban)

We have a strong community in Australia still so if anything is needed you just need to hail us.

Jared

« Reply #40 on: Saturday, April 28, 2012, 17:39:38 PM »
I'm not going to be on for a while, about 2 days ago, I just a job offer from a start up company in NYC. I have been in talks with them about taking the job, and while that was going I got another job offer from a different company in NYC.

Right now I need to spend most of my time on my work. I will no longer be playing, but if you need help with anything just let me know

Offline pit-23

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Saturday, April 28, 2012, 18:06:35 PM »
I'm not going to be on for a while, about 2 days ago, I just a job offer from a start up company in NYC. I have been in talks with them about taking the job, and while that was going I got another job offer from a different company in NYC.

Right now I need to spend most of my time on my work. I will no longer be playing, but if you need help with anything just let me know

Good luck with the job!

Offline august

• Respected Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, May 02, 2012, 03:56:00 AM »
So, where are we at with the handover?
Pit, have you taken full control of the server?

We need to move to the next steps of the handover, continue to develop and grow the community with both new and old players.

Offline pit-23

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, May 02, 2012, 04:58:57 AM »
So, where are we at with the handover?
Pit, have you taken full control of the server?

I think so.

We need to move to the next steps of the handover, continue to develop and grow the community with both new and old players.

What do you mean in particular?

Offline august

• Respected Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, May 10, 2012, 23:20:04 PM »
Are we ready to move on to the site administration and development into something a bit more professional/organized?

As I indicated in this thread, I am ready and willing to help with managing, developing and adding features to the site

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager