Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Poll

How long should the duration of a flash last(Screen Blackout)?

12 Seconds - 2.8.5 Value
1762 (64.6%)
15 Seconds
352 (12.9%)
20 Seconds - Current value in 25Assist
614 (22.5%)

Total Members Voted: 227

Voting closed: Tuesday, January 15, 2013, 00:56:27 AM

Author Topic: Flash time Poll  (Read 18403 times)

Offline Proton

Re: Flash time Poll
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 23:39:17 PM »
I've had a firecracker go off mere inches away from my ear. I can tell you with utter certainty that 30 seconds is nothing. Compare a firecracker to a military device that's several times larger... I'd be surprised if you weren't deafened or heard ringing for 10 minutes or more.

yes but this is a video game, if im deaf for 10 minutes what the point of playing the game.

if you want 2.8.5 flashes like the poll states the ringing ended shortly after being unblind

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #46 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 00:16:01 AM »
At the moment we are just modifying the blackout of the screen.
We might take the sound aspect in concideration.

I've modified the Poll question to be clear about the issue.
If this changes your mind, please free to change your vote.
« Last Edit: Friday, January 11, 2013, 00:17:49 AM by ELiZ »

Offline WillR1989

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 01:58:15 AM »
I vote 12 seconds

Offline DDIFISHER

« Reply #48 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 02:05:25 AM »
12 seconds is good

Offline BiG_SerGiO

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • "I got soul but i'm not a soldier..."
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese Warriors
  • AA: [PTwars]b!6
« Reply #49 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 07:07:28 AM »
150 votes so far.
"Three things can not hide for long: the Moon, the Sun and the Truth"?
Hmm?

https://vortexservers.com/clients/aff.php?aff=406

Offline Ganja

« Reply #50 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 07:11:09 AM »
Nice ammount of players voting, but still not much compared to number of players playing. It means we have the vote of players playing often (which is most important) and maybe some people just don't care and will accept the decision

Offline $cRuMpF

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 09:34:06 AM »
2.8.5. flashes didnt make anyone happy. they didnt last so nobody wasn't even using them anymore except for some darker maps. Flashes are really nasty things in real life. They are there to mess you opponed up so you have the time to reach em. That's why I think they should stay like they are now. 2.5 Flashes rock!. It would be even more realistic if they even lasted longer then 30 seconds but then the gameplay gets messed up too much.

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #52 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 10:19:02 AM »
I vote to for 12 sec its long enuf

Offline Go_Cat75

• Hospital GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 10:23:45 AM »
2.8.5. flashes didnt make anyone happy. they didnt last so nobody wasn't even using them anymore except for some darker maps. Flashes are really nasty things in real life. They are there to mess you opponed up so you have the time to reach em. That's why I think they should stay like they are now. 2.5 Flashes rock!. It would be even more realistic if they even lasted longer then 30 seconds but then the gameplay gets messed up too much.
+1 - Shortning the flash time basically made them useless and in 2.8.x using them outside had little or no affect at all.  If you shorten them you may as well remove them from the game entirely.  I vote to keep them as they are.
Unless you hit someone correctly which does take skill then the time your flashed is less and sometimes not flashed at all or just darkened.  So there not always 20/30 seconds only if done correctly.
« Last Edit: Friday, January 11, 2013, 11:02:12 AM by Go_Cat75 »

Offline Go_Cat75

• Hospital GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 10:57:39 AM »
I believe the only difference is duration.

2.8.5 They basically didnt work at all outside and inside it was near impossible to flash anyone around a corner in or a door to then go in and kill them.  This wasnt just duration but strength or size of the hit zone I guess.

Offline MothaGoosE

« Reply #55 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 11:01:36 AM »
2.8.5 They basically didnt work at all outside and inside it was near impossible to flash anyone around a corner in or a door to then go in and kill them.  This wasnt just duration but strength or size of the hit zone I guess.

That doesn't necessarily rule out buggy gameplay. I remember frequent bugs resulting in flashes and grenades having no effect at all. Either way, I don't actually have the values, but I'm sure ELiZ or Posessed knows what they are.

Offline Go_Cat75

• Hospital GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 11:05:31 AM »
That doesn't necessarily rule out buggy gameplay. I remember frequent bugs resulting in flashes and grenades having no effect at all. Either way, I don't actually have the values, but I'm sure ELiZ or Posessed knows what they are.
Correct the bugs really started when they started changing the time ect in 2.8.x.  Do we really want to see that again, so leave them the same.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #57 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 18:54:25 PM »
lowering the DurationEffect lowers the annoying sound after a flash;
nothing else than the durationeffect changes between 2.5 -2.8.5
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Proton

« Reply #58 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 19:58:06 PM »
I dont know what game you guys are playing but currently flashes are over powered regardless if you turn away or barely are within view when they pop.

anyone who wants 20 second flashes and 20 additional seconds of being deaf afterwards needs to learn how to shoot bullets and not flash kill your opponents every time.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #59 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 21:54:24 PM »
anyone who wants 20 second flashes and 20 additional seconds of being deaf afterwards needs to learn how to shoot bullets and not flash kill your opponents every time.

What kind of a pussy uses a gun to kill people? What, you can't kill with your bare hands? Jeez. Some people are skill-less.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager