Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: CVAR kick Mouseweel UP Alt Fire  (Read 5267 times)

Offline kaledo

CVAR kick Mouseweel UP Alt Fire
« on: Monday, December 17, 2012, 14:38:03 PM »
Hi all,
i ever used Mouse weel up for Alt Fire... why PB Kick me? :banned:

Offline Alex

Re: CVAR kick Mouseweel UP Alt Fire
« Reply #1 on: Monday, December 17, 2012, 14:48:47 PM »
just use the normal middle mouse button like everyone else. I fail to see how setting it to the wheel it any different.

Offline kaledo

« Reply #2 on: Monday, December 17, 2012, 15:08:30 PM »
just i'm playing in this way from 2003...  :cry: why i must use another configuration? is not a cheat!!!  :makemyday:

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #3 on: Monday, December 17, 2012, 15:11:53 PM »
ALTFIRE MUST BE ON MIDDLE MOUSE BUTTON BY DEFAULT. just click instead of scrolling duh.

there are more than 100 options for you to bind your keys.
« Last Edit: Monday, December 17, 2012, 15:14:25 PM by Possessed »
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline kaledo

« Reply #4 on: Monday, December 17, 2012, 15:15:08 PM »
I use a personal configuration, i think there's not a problem if i want jump with right mouse button, if i want use alt fire with mouseweelUP, if i want use CAPS Lock ecc ecc... what's the problem NOW? i can't understand why!!!

Yes i know that i "could use another button", but if i use that configuration FROM 2003 it's an abiths and I LIKE it!
« Last Edit: Monday, December 17, 2012, 15:16:49 PM by kaledo »

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday, December 17, 2012, 15:16:20 PM »
I use a personal configuration, i think there's not a problem if i want jump with right mouse button, if i want use alt fire with mouseweelUP, if i want use CAPS Lock ecc ecc... what's the problem NOW? i can't understand why!!!
dont bind anything containing the word "FIRE" on wheel up or down, following this will not get u kicked.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Offline kaledo

« Reply #6 on: Monday, December 17, 2012, 15:21:27 PM »
dont bind anything containing the word "FIRE" on wheel up or down, following this will not get u kicked.

ah ok, :up: i understand why, thank you for explain, but this role need to have an exception for "AltFire"

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday, December 17, 2012, 15:24:36 PM »
ah ok, :up: i understand why, thank you for explain, but this role need to have an exception for "AltFire"
trust me, If pb allowed me to check and kick for only FIRE not altfire and supportedfire :/
PB is ancient, theres no reason to write 1 line for every cvar! it could be 1 line and the things to be detected etc etc

Offline @xe

« Reply #8 on: Monday, December 17, 2012, 19:35:45 PM »
About time for this, to many use single fire with mouse wheel set to fine adjustments.

Offline kaledo

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2012, 03:29:38 AM »
It's simply a habit... i ever used it in this way. I never used it for shooting, i never used macro ecc ecc... I would like to know who changed this rule, why he have not put an exception for words "ALt Fire".

I mean, system need simply an exception. :up:

:oops: I forgot to say THANKS to all the people that are made this new update.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, December 18, 2012, 03:48:31 AM by kaledo »

Offline soupcakes

• no soup for 4 U!
    • View Profile
  • AA: soul
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2012, 05:42:05 AM »
its an old cvar, been kicked for it long before assist or this update.... and i feel your pain, i use mouse wheel for alt fire for years too... and my mouse doesnt have middle mouse click lol... but whatever, learn to adapt to different key and atleast they are doing something for anti cheat :)
You gotta have a nuclear soul
To melt down all your sorrowful load
And you gotta have a mercury soul
To weigh down any glimmer of gold

Offline B@lestra^

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2012, 05:54:59 AM »
I can understand most of you since i've had altfire on mousewheel up, supported/203 on mousewheeldown and reload on middle mouse click. I've done so, because i'm not a touch typing system user. Generally, i've always to have a slight look on my keyboard before pressing a key. That's what i didn't want to do during gaming, because every single look on your keyboard while being on a server in a game session can make a huge difference between death/survival. So i've sticked to the before mentioned mouse configuration. But, i have found a good alternative, all you need is a mouse with a 4-way mousewheel. I've assigned the keys 'z' to left mousewheel and 'h' to right mousewheel, reload is stil on middle mouse click in my mouse settings. I can tell that it works pretty well.

Offline CheeseyTron

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2012, 07:57:34 AM »
I can understand most of you since i've had altfire on mousewheel up, supported/203 on mousewheeldown and reload on middle mouse click. I've done so, because i'm not a touch typing system user. Generally, i've always to have a slight look on my keyboard before pressing a key. That's what i didn't want to do during gaming, because every single look on your keyboard while being on a server in a game session can make a huge difference between death/survival. So i've sticked to the before mentioned mouse configuration. But, i have found a good alternative, all you need is a mouse with a 4-way mousewheel. I've assigned the keys 'z' to left mousewheel and 'h' to right mousewheel, reload is stil on middle mouse click in my mouse settings. I can tell that it works pretty well.

I too,have had the same binds as this since the game first came out.ACI (Anti-Cheat Incompetent) came up with these cvars long ago,but they too even scrapped them,because they gave no advantage in the game.Alot of us older players have enjoyed this game and play the game the way it's ment to play.

Offline kaledo

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2012, 08:49:25 AM »
these CVAR need only some exception to works fine... that's all (in my opinion)

Offline Killjoy

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2012, 09:12:53 AM »
to all u dudes out there that has altfire somewhere else and says "just put it on middlemouse" just dont understand the difference in doing this. i admit that im no piano player so it is really, really hard to click the middlemouse while doing everything else on the mouse. usually my indexfinger is busy holding down the left mouse button since i pulled the sprint on the nade and at that point, to click with middle finger... :shock:...SUCKS! half the time i dont get it right now. my middle finger is mostly used with my girlfriend and you dont need much strenght there so, rolling the mousewheel was perfect.

now my point after a week of trying different buttons for altfire.

i most likely will have to re-arrange my entire button set-up, there is no "just put it on middle mouse".  :?

i applaud the anti-cheat measures and i understand them, more of it! but the truth is, i never expected to suffer in this way for it.

anyway, case is closed i guess!  :)

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager