Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Assist moving to 2.8.5?  (Read 26490 times)

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
Re: Assist moving to 2.8.5?
« Reply #15 on: Friday, May 03, 2013, 08:50:37 AM »
meaby I have to ask to, a expert from the past. >  maar de begeleiding word dacht ik goed uitgelegt van de mod downlode  GOOGLE trancelate )>but the guidance I am well-thought puts the mod down lode.
So there is hope!.  but the best part will be if coops comming into 2.8.5. A mass introduction of great maps.

Youtube SFHighlands_rc4 link:

Youtube Satans_rivine_II link:

Youtube Crimson_sunset_Coop link:

Youtube SFRedemption link:

Youtube link Kaleesha.aao
http://www.wegame.com/watch/Americas_Army_custom_map_Kaleesha_prt_2/
SF Pipeline Coop-Mission.aao

Urban Assault Coop-mission.aao

SF Hospital NE Coop.aao

SFPickle023.aao

SF_Command Raid.aao

Surrounded

SF Snakeplain 1

SFAirport

Yea, there's still mods in 2.8 but I think it requires more work to install them... I don't know, maybe I'm totally wrong here.
« Last Edit: Friday, June 07, 2013, 20:59:18 PM by Vanoke »

Offline Flatlander

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday, May 03, 2013, 09:11:56 AM »
Yeh,sounds really.If but when you i say yes.And then peeple but not then.Sometimes i wondering will?

Still,hope now if not are they. GJ Guys!!

Offline Killjoy

« Reply #17 on: Friday, May 03, 2013, 10:57:50 AM »
I wouldn't mind if u ported Assist over to 285 but they'll be releasing AA Proving Grounds this year so maybe it's best to wait until after that release and c what happens with the playerbase. Better to only put SAI in 2.5 instead.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Friday, May 03, 2013, 12:49:48 PM »
AA 2.8.5 was the best free game i ever played, and in my opinion just the coop maps make it more than worth it.

<3

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #19 on: Friday, May 03, 2013, 13:17:08 PM »
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline waNted

« Reply #20 on: Friday, May 03, 2013, 16:40:53 PM »
I honestly prefer 285 over 2.5, I actually still have it on my external HDD, and it feels more fluent in the gameplay for me.
they see me ROLLIN' they HATIN'

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #21 on: Saturday, May 04, 2013, 18:25:29 PM »
How did/does 2.8.5 handle maps?
Does the client download the new map or how was it handled?
If it downloaded, was it from the server or was from some type of deposit?

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #22 on: Saturday, May 04, 2013, 19:10:26 PM »
I will search for at some manuals, maybe i'll get an answer about.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, May 04, 2013, 19:31:02 PM »
How did/does 2.8.5 handle maps?
Does the client download the new map or how was it handled?
If it downloaded, was it from the server or was from some type of deposit?

Back on the 2.8.5 client there was a DCDS (dubbed for Dynamic Content Delivery System), basically a deposit of official maps + fully mission capable ones i think (you were able to download the mission through the game client). "Fully Mission Capable" was the way approved custom made mission were labelled, cause once there used to be a Mission Depot for custom made maps(probably someone will remember about) , which you could release and potentially getting them reviewed by the mission depot staff. It went offline a little before the authorization and tracking servers (late 2011), there was a ton of custom material.

http://web.archive.org/web/20110707072345/http://www.aamissiondepot.com/main
« Last Edit: Saturday, May 04, 2013, 19:38:56 PM by Koden »

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, May 04, 2013, 20:19:15 PM »
I'm sure ELiZ is mostly doing this for a challenge and to kill some time. The issue is though, as it always has been, it seems like great things happen way too late. Could you guys imagine what AA would be like if we had all of this knowledge of decompiling, custom maps, authorization handling, tracking and everything that's been done about 5-6 years ago? Imagine all of this knowledge around when 2.5 and 2.6 were at it's peak. It would be a different game and it would probably have 10x the people on it had all of this been done right and at the proper time. But, as with other efforts to rejuvenate the game, this is too little and too late.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, May 04, 2013, 20:37:00 PM »
You hit a lot points here. but if you don t try you will never know, and  if working together in good harmonie it is fun and they have a lot experians to take whit them in live. ( like you spanky you must have a lot off above carrying whit you) .  :D

Now I've written that I think it would be great  if all the old employees to assist an honor given place on the opening site.    (honorary member) 

I'm sure ELiZ is mostly doing this for a challenge and to kill some time. The issue is though, as it always has been, it seems like great things happen way too late. Could you guys imagine what AA would be like if we had all of this knowledge of decompiling, custom maps, authorization handling, tracking and everything that's been done about 5-6 years ago? Imagine all of this knowledge around when 2.5 and 2.6 were at it's peak. It would be a different game and it would probably have 10x the people on it had all of this been done right and at the proper time. But, as with other efforts to rejuvenate the game, this is too little and too late.
« Last Edit: Saturday, May 04, 2013, 21:04:10 PM by Vanoke »

JonnyM

« Reply #26 on: Sunday, May 05, 2013, 03:39:03 AM »
Assist was born so i could play AA on my apple mac, while i dont have one anymore i always wanted to keep the multiplatform element going. No one really gave a shit until auth went down and then everyone was like.. hey look those mac and linux guys have still got working auth. Just a history lesson.

JonnyM

« Reply #27 on: Sunday, May 05, 2013, 06:35:52 AM »
Might I suggest keeping 25Assist going for mac and linux only. But force windows clients to upgrade to 28Assist.

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, May 05, 2013, 07:19:54 AM »
I new just a view day s ago that you were make this game stil running auth.in the past And sorry that you have to hear it from a MOD and hopefully not to late.  THX from >and i can say my clan i think you me be proud to your self. :up:(thats way it will be oke if on the site were the name s for  (honorary member whit a little story) 

> There are more like you that make this game still workin the AAOTTS had to a site untill not long ago were you can play 2.8.5 
> And here on this sit http://www.bugsgang.com/aao-2-5-8-install-files/   its still possible to play it, i do think not auth but yes all coops. .
The reason that assist is more populair is that i think battletracker make the publication. And the old players called the adder old players about this good playeble auth. system called Assist.Yes for windows.

And yes I hope to that there will be a working version for liniux and Mac but it will be a small communitie.

Assist was born so i could play AA on my apple mac, while i dont have one anymore i always wanted to keep the multiplatform element going. No one really gave a shit until auth went down and then everyone was like.. hey look those mac and linux guys have still got working auth. Just a history lesson.
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 05, 2013, 07:25:40 AM by Vanoke »

Offline kMx

« Reply #29 on: Sunday, May 05, 2013, 07:25:59 AM »
Might I suggest keeping 25Assist going for mac and linux only. But force windows clients to upgrade to 28Assist.

would be a good solution , i dont see great advantages of moving to 2.8 , despite coop maps , dont forget all the 2.8 hacks out there ,a lot of cheaters would be happy with this , so make sure to implement a good anticheat system

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager