Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: AntiPoke Update  (Read 10490 times)

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
Re: AntiPoke Update
« Reply #60 on: Sunday, May 12, 2013, 05:01:51 AM »
@Petrol, do it. could not care less about yours. as I've never have done what I think you did.  :wanker:

full SS:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64317034/AA285Shot00018.PNG Note FPS and Ping of both sides.
You can see 'Your Ping' as both Real or Divided (as others see in Scoreboard)
Ping value isn't show if you have'nt spawned at least 1 (one) time, instead it shows as:
Waiting to Spawn.
When your ping is equal or less than 0 (zero) it shows as:
Connection Lost!
Now theres a game Based FPS meter,
Bleed stats won't show any value if you are into Waiting to Spawn or Dead.
All options are OFF by Default, theres also a way to move the Text, so don't worry.
Update will be released Monday or in the next following days;

« Last Edit: Sunday, May 12, 2013, 05:07:29 AM by Possessed »
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Petrol

AntiAntiPoke
« Reply #61 on: Sunday, May 12, 2013, 05:28:37 AM »
As you wish, here it is:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bw4dRGcfgE9sbkJPNVRLeXlHQkU/edit?usp=sharing

Features:
There are no any feature, any  :D

Demo:
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 12, 2013, 10:11:16 AM by Petrol »

Offline Petrol

« Reply #62 on: Sunday, May 12, 2013, 05:30:46 AM »
And my question is, how could I disable health view on my server, cause it destroys what makes this game unique.

Offline Rob_LD

« Reply #63 on: Sunday, May 12, 2013, 05:35:48 AM »
how could I disable health view on my server, cause it destroys what makes this game unique.
+1
 :up:

Offline Bart!

« Reply #64 on: Sunday, May 12, 2013, 05:48:00 AM »
Good job Possessed. Seriously, these are features I would have voted on having. Unfortunately, you see what happens when you change something even trivial. Ragers start registering just to flame your hard work :)
SO you would vote on having your health being shown in AA?

Do you even know what impact this has on the competitive matches?

This was one of the things which made AA unique compared to CS, also compared to CoD AA is unique in some ways, let it stay unique. I'm sorry but it just isn't the thing most AA players search for within a game.

FYI, I dont care about bleeding being shown, as you already can see how bad your bleeding is if you know the game, about the ping I do not care either. But the amount of health shown is just similar to the mod showing how much dmg ppl have done towards you. Don't force this on people, at highest make it a feature which can be enabled on a server, not on client side.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #65 on: Sunday, May 12, 2013, 07:06:59 AM »
2.5 code is shit, Ping stats("Connection Lost" etc) won't work theres as in 2.8.5.
when you lose connection to the server it simple stay with the last known ping instead of setting it to 0 (zero).
health can be taken away from the code. in the meantime check the first post or write to antipoke.ini.

last but not least, AntiPoke isn't a server mod, it is like a "hack" so it does work cliet side...
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 12, 2013, 07:11:01 AM by Possessed »
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Petrol

« Reply #66 on: Sunday, May 12, 2013, 07:13:53 AM »
instead of setting it to infinity

Offline KARI-30

« Reply #67 on: Sunday, May 12, 2013, 07:24:58 AM »
+1 to what Bart just said.

Offline Rob_LD

« Reply #68 on: Sunday, May 12, 2013, 07:32:54 AM »
This game gets patched to death...

Offline Choogelaar

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Sunday, May 12, 2013, 08:06:54 AM »
i have to say its ashame that there is always that talk about ohh we working our asses of for the game and nobody seems to notice that !   THAT is correct cause all i see now is that the HUD is spread out and doubled on the screen all the stuff besides the REAL PING was already there left top corner and right bottum corner in the shape of a soldier  so congrats on putting double stuff actually useless stuff on a game that "WAS" a great fps   
there was a reason why allot of people played this game  cause they diddnt wanted all that text and crap in their screen while playing ,the stuff that has been putten in the 25 assist now should have been placed in AA3  cause that already sucked ass big time

JonnyM

« Reply #70 on: Sunday, May 12, 2013, 09:24:16 AM »
I think their should be a major focus on anti-cheat and anti-mod. and if this game does move to 2.8 cheating will get to be a serious problem again.

Offline Rob_LD

« Reply #71 on: Sunday, May 12, 2013, 11:02:56 AM »
I think their should be a major focus on anti-cheat and anti-mod
You've nailed it!

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #72 on: Sunday, May 12, 2013, 11:17:30 AM »
This game gets patched to death...
Sorry it's such an inconvenience when we try to add cool and unique content to an old game in order to keep it alive and interesting.

SO you would vote on having your health being shown in AA?

Do you even know what impact this has on the competitive matches?

This was one of the things which made AA unique compared to CS, also compared to CoD AA is unique in some ways, let it stay unique. I'm sorry but it just isn't the thing most AA players search for within a game.

FYI, I dont care about bleeding being shown, as you already can see how bad your bleeding is if you know the game, about the ping I do not care either. But the amount of health shown is just similar to the mod showing how much dmg ppl have done towards you. Don't force this on people, at highest make it a feature which can be enabled on a server, not on client side.
Health (along with bleeding) is already shown in the HUD... You should probably pay more attention in-game instead of focusing on listening for footsteps. I don't give a shit about competitive matches. The people that are into that are idiots. Taking a free, old, fun game and making it all serious... stupid. AA will stay unique since nobody here will change the gamplay dynamics like running speed, fire rate, weapon damage, animation times. All the stuff that REALLY makes AA unique. Plus, I believe Possessed already made it a true/false thing so you can easily disable it if you want.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Petrol

« Reply #73 on: Sunday, May 12, 2013, 11:36:56 AM »
Spanky, health is shown in four states: Green, Yellow, Red and Dead, bleeding is shown in binary logic. Only medic can see how much you are bleeding.

So please REMOVE POSSESD SHEIT FORM THERE

Offline Rob_LD

« Reply #74 on: Sunday, May 12, 2013, 11:43:59 AM »
@Spanky

Sorry it's such an inconvenience when we try to add cool and unique content to an old game in order to keep it alive and interesting.
I really appreciate all the hard work you all have spent to the Assist.
But in all you try you make one big misapprehension:

It is not all the "cool and unique content" which will make this game attractive but quite the opposite.
It was the plainness which brought success to this game!
This was what made the difference to all the ordinary-fun-shooter.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager