Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Why is the general IQ level of Headshot Community going down?  (Read 4468 times)

Offline Dialects

Why is the general IQ level of Headshot Community going down?
« on: Monday, September 20, 2010, 11:20:10 AM »
Seriously, why? Why not put some effort into your thoughts? Enrich your knowledge? Bring facts to your opinions, and not opinions to self-acted facts?

I am no perfect all-knowing guru myself, but at least I try to stay at a level of knowledge interesting enough to provide a good discussion.

I can understand you all coming to HsC just to "hang about" with your mates, but...I can not pass the urge to alert to the demise of this community's interestingness.

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: Why is the general IQ level of Headshot Community going down?
« Reply #1 on: Monday, September 20, 2010, 14:18:57 PM »
You're an asshat for  bringing this up.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday, September 20, 2010, 14:27:45 PM »
I think Dann is going to come in and ask you back that up with facts.

Offline Alex

« Reply #3 on: Monday, September 20, 2010, 14:42:36 PM »
hahahahahaha. Oh wait, you're serious?

Is this community too low for the mighty Dann? Honestly, that is the vibe I am getting from you.
« Last Edit: Monday, September 20, 2010, 14:54:50 PM by KiLLaMaN »

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Not Cwunk
« Reply #4 on: Monday, September 20, 2010, 14:57:58 PM »
Is this because I pirated the Pokemon game and posted that I did? :x
Hi I'm Archeh I like too have fun online playing shoot-'em-up video games

Offline Dialects

« Reply #5 on: Monday, September 20, 2010, 15:32:24 PM »
You're an asshat for bringing this up.
Because deep down, you too, felt that the overall interestingness of this community discussions has lowered, or because I had the balls to come out of the "All-faking-all-gripping" and voice my opinion up? Shunning on my opinions, views and feelings won't change them.

Could be a good assumption. But no. I would rather people stopped calling me names and discussed the issues at hand.

Is this community too low for the mighty Dann? Honestly, that is the vibe I am getting from you.
I am no perfect all-knowing guru myself, but at least I try to stay at a level of knowledge interesting enough to provide a good discussion.
I wrote that with a purpose...you know? If I knew you were going to just skim it through, I wouldn't have wasted time typing it down.

Is this because I pirated the Pokemon game and posted that I did? :x
Nope. I didn't even know that, to be honest.
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

Offline Alex

« Reply #6 on: Monday, September 20, 2010, 15:41:37 PM »
I wrote that with a purpose...you know? If I knew you were going to just skim it through, I wouldn't have wasted time typing it down.

I read that perfectly fine, you are still suggesting that this site has too little intelligence for you. Suggesting that you are being more knowledgeable than most here. How do you not see that?

Could be a good assumption. But no. I would rather people stopped calling me names and discussed the issues at hand.
There is no issue. It is just you saying that others are not being as intelligent as you, like always.

Offline Dialects

« Reply #7 on: Monday, September 20, 2010, 16:03:29 PM »
I read that perfectly fine, you are still suggesting that this site has too little intelligence for you. Suggesting that you are being more knowledgeable than most here. How do you not see that?

No, I am not. I am suggesting the "Headshot Community" -aso its content- IQ level is going down. Your are taking it personal. That is a problem of your own. If I had anything against you, I would have addressed the issue in your name, and your name only.

There is no issue. It is just you saying that others are not being as intelligent as you, like always.
Quote it. Facts. Show them to me. Otherwise, your argument holds no water, other than being your own assumption and understanding of what I read.

-Delta-

« Reply #8 on: Monday, September 20, 2010, 16:07:08 PM »
I think there is a distinct line between intelligence and stupidity. Having said that, it is possible that Dann is being more intelligent than the others here. There is one flew in Dann's logic, though. He failed to provide proof that the overall intelligence level of this website is dwindling. Therefor, he might have made insinuation that remain to be false.

On the flip side, I think Dann is more intelligent than some people here.

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Monday, September 20, 2010, 16:20:12 PM »
I'd say Dann is among the most intelligent here but among the most arrogant as well. Perhaps he's earned it through intelligence though.

Offline Alex

« Reply #10 on: Monday, September 20, 2010, 16:30:00 PM »
I'd say Dann is among the most intelligent here but among the most arrogant as well. Perhaps he's earned it through intelligence though.
I don't think anyone should be arrogant regardless of their intelligence.

@Dann, I am a part of  the headshot community so anything said about it applies to me  as well unless stated otherwise.

Offline Dialects

« Reply #11 on: Monday, September 20, 2010, 16:37:15 PM »
I think there is a distinct line between intelligence and stupidity. Having said that, it is possible that Dann is being more intelligent than the others here. There is one flew in Dann's logic, though. He failed to provide proof that the overall intelligence level of this website is dwindling. Therefor, he might have made insinuation that remain to be false.

On the flip side, I think Dann is more intelligent than some people here.

The proof is lying down in this website. We used to have more compelling discussions at here, just go and check early discussions had on Headshot. These have not been had recently. Instead, hardware discussion and superficial game reviews (No, I am not talking necessarily about Pokémon) have taken over. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, from a neutral standpoint. In my eyes, however, this means people are less keen to enrich themselves. Furthermore, some comments, namely Killaman's latest on the AMD thread -relating to the iPad- is a perfect example of "lower IQ responses", to which I find no reason(s) as to why it should remain ignorant, or unjustified.

I am not more intelligent than others. If anything, I have put some more effort into enriching my intelectual, moreso than some people in this community. I have read philosophy, mythology, human psychology, conceptual reading, and so on. I put a lot of thinking into what I say, so that overtime, my saying become more consistent and relevant.

I am not arrogant. Really, I am not. If you've ever spoken with me in real life, you'll understand this fully. What I am, though, is blunt and factual. I have pleasure discussing things to a meniscus level most don't bother to get at. It may be due to my level of perfectionism, or attempt at -or it may just be my nature. Either way, if there is something that makes little to no sense in one's argument, and I believe to have the facts/reasoning to counter it, I will take that chance to not only contradict your thoughts/opinions, but to eventually make you understand some more thought can possibly be in order, so that you as a thinking-individual, become better and more consistent.

@Dann, I am a part of  the headshot community so anything said about it applies to me  as well unless stated otherwise.

True. As it applies to me. Right? Good. It's good that we understand the concept of a "Community" equally.
« Last Edit: Monday, September 20, 2010, 16:39:24 PM by Klaasillu »

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday, September 20, 2010, 16:40:53 PM »
so that you as a thinking-individual, become better and more consistent.

I'm offended.

Perhaps it's just my nature, but when talking to someone I treat them as an equal and actually go out of my way to be nice to them (maybe not so much online, but irl). Perhaps it's also just my nature, but I don't judge them on such a level as consistence in thinking.

Offline Knight

• Teh Hugeburger
  • Dedicated Poster
  • Human Analog
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/61454245@N05/
« Reply #13 on: Monday, September 20, 2010, 17:09:23 PM »
*gets popcorn*
http://s.postquote.us/uKnight.png[/img][/url]
[CleanMe][/url]
[Photography, The least you should know][/url]
http://kodyhungenberg.500px.com[/url]

Offline Alex

« Reply #14 on: Monday, September 20, 2010, 17:18:11 PM »
Furthermore, some comments, namely Killaman's latest on the AMD thread -relating to the iPad- is a perfect example of "lower IQ responses", to which I find no reason(s) as to why it should remain ignorant, or unjustified.

I actually gave my reasoning in that thread now. I couldn't post everything I wanted earlier because I was on my Zune.

The proof is lying down in this website. We used to have more compelling discussions at here, just go and check early discussions had on Headshot. These have not been had recently. Instead, hardware discussion and superficial game reviews (No, I am not talking necessarily about Pokémon) have taken over. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, from a neutral standpoint. In my eyes, however, this means people are less keen to enrich themselves.

I enjoy those topics as well as most of the other people here. Just because you want different discussions doesn't mean the community's IQ is going downhill. That is a selfish way of thinking, don't you think?
« Last Edit: Monday, September 20, 2010, 17:20:30 PM by KiLLaMaN »

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager