Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Visual Language vs. Subject  (Read 1522 times)

Offline Dialects

Visual Language vs. Subject
« on: Wednesday, April 07, 2010, 12:48:31 PM »
This is a book I am writing and is mostly based on the per-misses contemplated between Visual Language and the Subject. The reason why I felt inspired to write about this is mostly due to the fact that almost everyone is trying to copy work from someone else these days, and leave almost no space to being themselves in what they do. More than having good replicas, we should have good innovation; I believe.

Visual Language vs. Subject

We learn to talk; to express ourselves through words. We learn the alphabet, the sound of each letter, the sound of different words, the looks of the zillions words we are given access to, the meaning of the least and the meaning of the most, the punctuation and how it affects our dialogue, the big and the small, the representation of each ---and yet, we never truly understand what language it is that we convey our thoughts through. Blind belief and be-damned purity, is what we trust the most and more often, when ever we act and attach.

Why are we not all made poets, then? Simple. Communication can not go without feelings. If you are not what you write, then what you write will never resemble or belong to you. It will exist, and reach the superficial floating mind and essence of the others, but it will never truly establish a connection; a bound.

The key to communication; --thus expression, affection, and reaction-- is to remain true to the truth of your being. You might be wondering: How does this connect to art, or graphic designing, or visual expression as per say? It does not; or rather --it might, or it might not-- depending on the way you look at it, and read it through. Read the words as if they were yours. Flatter them with your immense --that is you.

All humans create and are created.
All creations are unique and universal.
Therefore, all humans are unique and universal.

Hold that in you. Hold the thought that we are, in many ways, equally different. Even if we both use the same red colour, the same white outline; we will forever reach an equality through a different ---and very exclusive--- process. In our days, nothing is new anymore, besides what lives being. And what is that? It's you - it's me - it's us - it's them - It's what you allow others to see and how different that vision is for each person. The principle to understanding Visual Language is in the act of trusting that for every person, you will always be different, yet always the same.

P.S:. The next article/ continuation of will talk about the three keys to communication --expression, affection and reaction-- more profoundly. The introduction about Visual Language is, for logistic reasons, initially associated with the subject. We'll go from talking about and with you to talking through and with you and finish with talking about, through and to the others. I hope you enjoy the reading and allow yourself to live this experience open-wide.

Feedback appreciated.
:)
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

Offline Dialects

Re: Visual Language vs. Subject
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, April 08, 2010, 22:19:26 PM »
Really? This is what fucking pulls me away. Seriously.
You post about cats and Crunk, and you get shits of activity;
You post something half-decent and in progress, and you're left to the crows.

Fucking love it.
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, April 08, 2010, 22:36:34 PM »
lol Dann. You just got too complex. We're not philosophers or anything. I don't really know what you said. Maybe I'll re-read it when I get the time.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, April 08, 2010, 23:45:34 PM »
Thanks a lot for rushing Dann. I only had the time to read this earlier the other day and I didnt have the time to post a response. Now I'm going to rethink my response I was going to post and do it tomorrow.

Offline Knight

• Teh Hugeburger
  • Dedicated Poster
  • Human Analog
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/61454245@N05/
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, April 10, 2010, 04:04:50 AM »
Dann don't get mad I don't have an opinion on this subject so don't comment. Its not any thing against you its just I have nothing to say. I think that goes for every one here as well.
http://s.postquote.us/uKnight.png[/img][/url]
[CleanMe][/url]
[Photography, The least you should know][/url]
http://kodyhungenberg.500px.com[/url]

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager