Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Terrorism @ Charlie Hebdo  (Read 20944 times)

Offline Ganja

Re: Terrorism @ Charlie Hebdo
« Reply #90 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 08:04:10 AM »
Who started it, who made the intention, who gave that shit creativity? That Hebdo guy, thats who I aimed.

It's the entire magazine that had such humor, that was open minded, not one guy ;) I believe autoderision (does that word exist in english?) is the funniest humor, pitty the terrorists didn't think that way

Offline SASF-DarkShooter

• Respected Members
  • Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 08:54:46 AM »
Who is "he" ? It's not as if they targeted only 1 guy ...
And in my opinion you can't say "there is freedom of speech but they crossed the line". Either there is, or there isn't freedom of speech
As much as I love freedom of speech, I do not think anything can be said. However, I do feel that this isn't crossing the line. This was done by a satirical magazine which had a 'fuck all' attitude. Freedom of speech is a great right, but if you start to effectively damage others by saying, or portraying certain things you are able of crossing a 'line'. It's just a major fucking grey area in my eyes.

Offline Nip!

« Reply #92 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 10:25:19 AM »
It's the entire magazine that had such humor, that was open minded, not one guy ;) I believe autoderision (does that word exist in english?) is the funniest humor, pitty the terrorists didn't think that way

Funniest humor or not, not only terrorists didn't think that way, but all muslims in the world thought the same, thank god 99,99% the muslims doesn`t think the way the terrorists do. I wish he never made that. And for me, that is crossing the line, muslims knows what I am talking about. If you get more knowledge of the Islam religion, you would of known what I am talking about and why I am pissed.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #93 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 10:46:13 AM »
Funniest humor or not, not only terrorists didn't think that way, but all muslims in the world thought the same, thank god 99,99% the muslims doesn`t think the way the terrorists do. I wish he never made that. And for me, that is crossing the line, muslims knows what I am talking about. If you get more knowledge of the Islam religion, you would of known what I am talking about and why I am pissed.

Well yeah you don't have to find everything funny, you don't have to agree but you shouldn't act towards their freedom to express themselves imo. But I can understand that some people find this offsensive

Offline Nip!

« Reply #94 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 12:09:33 PM »
but you shouldn't act towards their freedom to express themselves

You what?!? What in the fucking earth did Hebdo express himself with that kind of caricature?

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #95 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 12:34:01 PM »

Offline Nip!

« Reply #96 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 17:07:37 PM »
Lets put it this way

I am not Charlie.

I am stolen and taken Palestina
I am demolished Gaza
I am bombed Syria
I am hungry, massacred Africa
I am forgotten Ring
I am taken Afghanistan
I am fucked up Egypt
I am fragmented Lybia
I am tortured and forgotten Guantanamo
I am not islamofobic Charlie who, my religion, my Qur'an AND my Prophet humiliated. I am a muslim AND elhamdulillah.

People forget what happens to those people, people DONT make drama When something like this above happens.

Over AND out!

Offline Ganja

« Reply #97 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 17:26:58 PM »
Lets put it this way

I am not Charlie.

I am stolen and taken Palestina
I am demolished Gaza
I am bombed Syria
I am hungry, massacred Africa
I am forgotten Ring
I am taken Afghanistan
I am fucked up Egypt
I am fragmented Lybia
I am tortured and forgotten Guantanamo
I am not islamofobic Charlie who, my religion, my Qur'an AND my Prophet humiliated. I am a muslim AND elhamdulillah.

People forget what happens to those people, people DONT make drama When something like this above happens.

Over AND out!

It was mentionned already in the previous posts. Pity you didn't read ... but like you said, you dgaf about other opinions ;)

Offline NoBigDeal

• Loyal Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 21:25:06 PM »
Well yeah you don't have to find everything funny, you don't have to agree but you shouldn't act towards their freedom to express themselves imo. But I can understand that some people find this offsensive
I can't agree with this ... not in this case.
What they (Hebdo and others) did was stupid and irresponsible - there was no point in doing this. Moreover, it has nothing to do with Freedom of Speech / Expression, it was nothing but provocation ... Stupid provocation, because is not like nobody know what is Jihad and can not predict their reaction to such humiliation ...
There is something more important like RESPECT and Freedom of Speech / Expression shouldn't cross its thin line. How you can expect from Muslims to respect Christians when Christians don't respect Muslims.
... Each stick has two ends ...
If you can't understand that, I can't help you - nobody can.
... or maybe ... Make a caricature of Queen Elizabeth II in 'compromising' position - the British will show you very quickly the boundaries of your Freedom of Speech / Expression.

Last thing:
Killing those people was wrong ... Burning their houses, cars, agency to the ground - yes ... But this, this was murder with cold blood.
What if you could change the world by changing your perspective of it?
Would you?

Offline Alex

« Reply #99 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 21:36:58 PM »
What they (Hebdo and others) did was stupid and irresponsible - there was no point in doing this. Moreover, it has nothing to do with Freedom of Speech / Expression, it was nothing but provocation ... Stupid provocation, because is not like nobody know what is Jihad and can not predict their reaction to such humiliation ...
There is something more important like RESPECT and Freedom of Speech / Expression shouldn't cross its thin line. How you can expect from Muslims to respect Christians when Christians don't respect Muslims.
... or maybe ... Make a caricature of Queen Elizabeth II in 'compromising' position - the British will show you very quickly the boundaries of your Freedom of Speech / Expression.
I disagree with your conclusion. It's not like the magazine only made fun of Islam. Sure the images could be seen as provocation, and they're definitely stupid, but that's what freedom of speech is about. The ability to say something or make fun of something without being punished for it. They're free to express their stupidity if they want to. Why can't something be provocative and an expression of free speech at the same time?
 Also I've never heard of Britain punishing anyone for their depiction of the queen, nor would I expect armed British gunmen to murder civilians in retaliation.. At least here in the US I could make any picture of Obama I wanted and I'd be completely safe from prosecution by the US government. Nobody, the government or the people, would care. At least not enough to murder me. I'm assuming England is just as free. Is that incorrect?

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #100 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 23:25:52 PM »
I'm assuming England is just as free. Is that incorrect?

You're right it is, there is Islamic Human Rights Commission based in London too.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 23:30:15 PM by ArmyAntiCheat »

Offline CS-ACI-

« Reply #101 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2015, 01:28:11 AM »
Hello,

Let's look at this from a different way.

If Muslims find it bad for people to make the prophet look bad, why do they not deal with people who use the prophets name as their own and do bad things. I do not mean the terrorists, I mean any one who does bad things? Such as lie, cheat, steal and just generally do things against the word of God.

Steve

Offline Nip!

« Reply #102 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2015, 03:29:01 AM »
I disagree with your conclusion. It's not like the magazine only made fun of Islam. Sure the images could be seen as provocation, and they're definitely stupid, but that's what freedom of speech is about. The ability to say something or make fun of something without being punished for it. They're free to express their stupidity if they want to. Why can't something be provocative and an expression of free speech at the same time?
 Also I've never heard of Britain punishing anyone for their depiction of the queen, nor would I expect armed British gunmen to murder civilians in retaliation.. At least here in the US I could make any picture of Obama I wanted and I'd be completely safe from prosecution by the US government. Nobody, the government or the people, would care. At least not enough to murder me. I'm assuming England is just as free. Is that incorrect?

Let me clarify some things as we all here just say its prohibited - forbidden or whatsoever in Qur'an.

A quote :

Sahih Muslim vol.3 no.5268 (p.1160) says, "Ibn ?Umar reported Allah?s Messenger (may peace be upon him) having said: Those who paint pictures would be punished on the Day of Resurrection and it would be said to them: Breathe soul into what you have created.2519" <- This is about Mohammed a.s.v.m

There are a lot of more quotes about this, this is just an example, there are quotes where it states to punish them even more, and that's why Muslims are really sensitive in these kind of stuff.
I am not trying to defend the Islam, nor go againts Hebdo and say it was a good thing becuase he got "murked" to say so.
It just hurts when you know you should never ever see the face of Muhammed, or someone stupid who drawing his pic, I would personally cut off my best friends head if he tried to draw his pic infront of me. Okay not cut off, but slap him a few times. It hurts for muslims, and people should atleast know that.
And those French people should also get more knowledge about the Jihads, Qaida's and other terrorists who are muslim extremists who are portraying the Islam in a complete different way, and who're taking the gats out to kill people if you say something wrong about Islam.
People should get more knowledge before doing such stuff.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #103 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2015, 06:14:10 AM »

You can laugh about something and still have respect for it, but that's what you don't seem to understand. I agree it's provocating, but you're saying they shouldn't post what they want out of fear for the terrorists?

Just to clarify these people were no Christians.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #104 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2015, 06:18:08 AM »
I'm willing to bet there already are these kinds of "naughty" pictures of the Queen somewhere out there. And I'm willing to bet the Royal family doesn't like it. However, they won't murder people because of it.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager