Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Terrorism @ Charlie Hebdo  (Read 21024 times)

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke

Offline NoBigDeal

• Loyal Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
Re: Terrorism @ Charlie Hebdo
« Reply #76 on: Saturday, January 10, 2015, 19:47:56 PM »
@Archeh: In your previous post you've made a very good point, but we'll discuss this later.
First we need to clarify (because you don't know, wanna know or deliberately you're trying to divert our attention) some misunderstanding on your end:

p1. Globalisation:
    I see only one person who notoriously is doing this ...
used the word "Islamist" when they meant to say "jihadist"
Here you've splitted Muslims in two, but here ...
DON'T HATE MUSLIMS BECAUSE SOMETIMES THEY DO BAD THINGS.
... and here (even worse, you have splitted the entire world on two) ...
terrorism is occurring all over the globe and not only by Muslims against non-believers.
... you defending them as one. I can understand that - most probably you belongs to moderate Muslims - but for us (non-believers) because of the same religion, you are the one ... and is up to Muslims to deal with their internal problem.
Second: splitting the entire world on two is the biggest problem in Islam, which didn't change in the past five hundred years - same for most its major principles - are obsolete. Islam needs to evolve ...

p2. Terrorism:
This is not about terrorism in the global sense - it's about Islamic terrorism ... most unpredictable. Only this kind of terrorism can justify killing 10 innocent people to kill 1 target - worse, they believe in glory to die in the process.

p3. Media:
It's like KiLLaMaN said - they are like hyenas ...

Now back to your point:
True, what's happening now worldwide is unbelievable - way beyond my comprehension ... so sad - I feel really sorry for them ... More humankind is technologically advanced, becomes less forgiving, tolerant ...
Moreover, even some US army interventions (under the guise of 'defending democracy') could be counted as terrorism (in the global sense). I can understand when something is a direct threat, but not when it's happens on the other side the globe. So please America, stay home, it's not your business ... you're playing a dangerous game, which eventually will blow in your face.

Last thing:
I hope, Islam will change (soon - very soon ...) - be more open, tolerant, respectful and most important: will start to recognise the other religions (in the end it's about the same God, only different interpretation). If not - at some point -  the rest of the world can / will say 'We or Islam' ... and this will fuckt up everything and everyone.
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 10, 2015, 22:06:48 PM by NoBigDeal »
What if you could change the world by changing your perspective of it?
Would you?

Offline SASF-DarkShooter

• Respected Members
  • Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Saturday, January 10, 2015, 20:46:14 PM »
every one is talking about the islamist guys that killed the 12..what about the terroist and the reason for this fucking terror? thoose christians who wrote shit about islam and mohammad?
i'm christian , just trying to show that in both sides there are terror..there are shit muslims , therre are shit christians :)
As far as I know, it had nothing to do with them being christians(I even doubt that's a case, for all of them at least), just them portraying a certain spiritual figure in Islam to which they took offense to. It being forbidden in Islam to portray Mohammed. Them portraying him in a satirical manner is what fully triggered it.

Just to clarify, I do not think the terrorists, henceforth going to be called douchebags, had any justified motive for it. There was a theory going on here, by a terrorism expert that it was mostly an act of Al Qaeda to get 'back in the picture' again, with IS stealing their thunder lately. They just chose a victim, but could've been anything really. If that was indeed the case, it definitely worked.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #78 on: Sunday, January 11, 2015, 00:51:40 AM »
They've paid the price for their pseudo Freedom of speech.
The cops that faced the terrorists were UNARMED.
Who to blame, the terrorists or France? Sure is France imo, they let those guys live there, they let cops choose not to work with guns, wich for me is ridiculous.
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 11, 2015, 01:04:37 AM by Possessed »
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Alex

« Reply #79 on: Sunday, January 11, 2015, 01:06:12 AM »
They've paid the price for their pseudo Freedom of speech.
The cops that faced the terrorists were UNARMED.
Who to blame, the terrorists or France? Sure is France imo, they let those guys live there, they let cops choose not to work with guns, wich for me is ridiculous.

Please tell me this is a fucking joke. Please...
I don't think I've ever seen victim blaming this extreme...

Offline Ganja

« Reply #80 on: Sunday, January 11, 2015, 05:11:46 AM »
every one is talking about the islamist guys that killed the 12..what about the terroist and the reason for this fucking terror? thoose christians who wrote shit about islam and mohammad?
i'm christian , just trying to show that in both sides there are terror..there are shit muslims , therre are shit christians :)

So for you it's the same kind of terror: making a caricature of something and shooting unarmed civilians .. They didn't write shit. And it's not only against the Islam; the Vatican had several processes already against the magazine, which they always lost. Religious people should be more open minded ...

Anyway for me it's uncomprehensible how people still believe in some kind of "god" with all the terror and disaster happening all around the world ..

Offline Ronny123

« Reply #81 on: Sunday, January 11, 2015, 07:47:20 AM »
ganja bro... i miss u first :)
man they draw an image : one of ISIL  Slaying mohammad,their Propher.. thats the reason why they attacked,but dont get me wrong,.. i am not defending on theese terroits ,they are shittter :)

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Not Cwunk
« Reply #82 on: Sunday, January 11, 2015, 15:42:46 PM »
*sigh* No Mr. No Big Deal, I'm not a moderate Muslim. I'm simply agnostic, and focus a lot more on politics than religion, though there's a helluva lot of politics in religion. I haven't split the world into Muslims and non-believers, and I haven't even split Muslims into good and bad - "Islamists" doesn't automatically mean extremists, while "Jihadists" does. That's the distinction I wanted to make earlier in the thread. I'm gonna try to wrap this up because I don't want to keep saying the same things over and over but every time I post someone replies directly to quotes from my post.

Only this kind of terrorism can justify killing 10 innocent people to kill 1 target

I'll briefly touch on this because it isn't true. Look at drone strikes in Yemen or Pakistan, the victims are almost always innocent civilians. Or Israel bombing Gaza. In these cases, innocent Muslims are killed.

What I wanted to do most in this thread was point out hypocrisy. Today in Paris lots of people marched for freedom and to express solidarity with victims of terrorism. Included were many world leaders who are at least partly responsible for imprisonment, torture, or murder of journalists. I'm pretty sure that Netanyahu from Israel (many journalists dead in Gaza in 2014) and Abbas from Hamas (jailed journalists) both attended. I know Ali Bongo from Gabon was there (former French colony, today home to ritual killings, organ harvesting, and the persecution of journalists who report on it). Eric Holder. Friqqin' ASSAD in Syria made a statement. Various officials from the Middle East and North Africa who crack down on opposition journalists. These people are praising freedom in the march, yet they do not allow freedoms to their own citizens. I personally consider many of these high-profile attendees "passive" terrorists because they have power to prevent violence and don't - but don't think I consider them the same as "active" terrorists. And finally, the single most disappointing fact in all of this for me: during Israel's campaign in Gaza last summer, Paris banned pro-Palestinian protests. Do you see why I find this solidarity bittersweet? It's because it's so often reserved for the privileged.

These murders are tragic, and of course I stand against terrorism and jihad. Killaman already said why they receive so much attention when elsewhere murders do not. He's right, but I think that's all the more reason to focus on the forgotten people. Don't think I'm only saying all of this because I myself am a Muslim. I'm definitely not lol. I think I'm probably done posting in this thread, but I guess we'll see where it goes from here...
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 11, 2015, 15:48:46 PM by Archeh »
Hi I'm Archeh I like too have fun online playing shoot-'em-up video games

Offline Ganja

« Reply #83 on: Sunday, January 11, 2015, 17:49:52 PM »

I'll briefly touch on this because it isn't true. Look at drone strikes in Yemen or Pakistan, the victims are almost always innocent civilians. Or Israel bombing Gaza. In these cases, innocent Muslims are killed.

What I wanted to do most in this thread was point out hypocrisy. Today in Paris lots of people marched for freedom and to express solidarity with victims of terrorism. Included were many world leaders who are at least partly responsible for imprisonment, torture, or murder of journalists. I'm pretty sure that Netanyahu from Israel (many journalists dead in Gaza in 2014) and Abbas from Hamas (jailed journalists) both attended. I know Ali Bongo from Gabon was there (former French colony, today home to ritual killings, organ harvesting, and the persecution of journalists who report on it). Eric Holder. Friqqin' ASSAD in Syria made a statement. Various officials from the Middle East and North Africa who crack down on opposition journalists. These people are praising freedom in the march, yet they do not allow freedoms to their own citizens. I personally consider many of these high-profile attendees "passive" terrorists because they have power to prevent violence and don't - but don't think I consider them the same as "active" terrorists. And finally, the single most disappointing fact in all of this for me: during Israel's campaign in Gaza last summer, Paris banned pro-Palestinian protests. Do you see why I find this solidarity bittersweet? It's because it's so often reserved for the privileged.

I feel you, there's a lot of hypocrisy in this march, like you said some important people attended it while they don't give a shit about freedom of speech, BUT for the majority it was just all the French people showing or trying to show they are not scared, that they wont stop writing what they do, that there will still be freedom of speech, and most and foremost to grieve with what just happened in their country so it's kinda hard to say it's the entire march that's hypocrit ...

Offline Nip!

« Reply #84 on: Monday, January 12, 2015, 16:29:23 PM »
His fault. He shouldnt at any cost make a caricature of Mohammed al. Sallam. Thats very very very sensitive to Muslims, especially those terrorists.

Thats my two cents, idgaf About other opinions, so don't even Quote me.

Offline CS-ACI-

« Reply #85 on: Monday, January 12, 2015, 16:58:55 PM »
Hello,
His fault. He shouldnt at any cost make a caricature of Mohammed al. Sallam. Thats very very very sensitive to Muslims, especially those terrorists.

Thats my two cents, idgaf About other opinions, so don't even Quote me.
That last line speaks volumes.

Do you even understand the principals of Free Speech and Freedom of Expression?

Steve

Offline Alex

« Reply #86 on: Monday, January 12, 2015, 17:34:30 PM »
Hello,That last line speaks volumes.

Steve
He's trolling, just ignore him.

Offline Nip!

« Reply #87 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 03:14:42 AM »
Hello,That last line speaks volumes.

Steve

I repeat, sensitive stuff that is for Islam, I got smacked by my Father badly when I was young and said " Mohammed who?! ", and we're not even that religious as other people are, I can imagine Imam's feeling now & others, I am just expressing my feeling about this, he shouldn't do it, and no I'm not trolling. Everyone has freedom of speech, especially Media, but that crossed the line 19080928301983x.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #88 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 05:55:34 AM »
His fault. He shouldnt at any cost make a caricature of Mohammed al. Sallam.

he shouldn't do it, and no I'm not trolling. Everyone has freedom of speech, especially Media, but that crossed the line 19080928301983x.

Who is "he" ? It's not as if they targeted only 1 guy ...
And in my opinion you can't say "there is freedom of speech but they crossed the line". Either there is, or there isn't freedom of speech

Offline Nip!

« Reply #89 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 06:02:56 AM »
Who is "he" ? It's not as if they targeted only 1 guy ...
And in my opinion you can't say "there is freedom of speech but they crossed the line". Either there is, or there isn't freedom of speech

Who started it, who made the intention, who gave that shit creativity? That Hebdo guy, thats who I aimed.

Freedom of Speech is something else, humiliating a Prophet is just.... w/e.

I'm not saying its not tragical, nor I am saying it had to be done. condolences to the victims family. Could've been solved in another way.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager