Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Terrorism @ Charlie Hebdo  (Read 20969 times)

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

Re: Terrorism @ Charlie Hebdo
« Reply #60 on: Friday, January 09, 2015, 16:08:30 PM »
It's not wrong to be homosexual, it's wrong to laugh at or bully someone for being homosexual. And yes, I take offense to what you say about homosexuals, as various friends and acquaintances of mine are homosexual. I won't think of you less of a person, just small minded as fuck. I wouldn't mind you thinking it not being okay, but don't limit others in their lifestyles because you think it's wrong.

I never laughed at someone who is homosexual, I don't know what i would say or do, but it just gives me disgrace about homosexuals, no offence to you sasf, never said a damn bad wrong about you, but sad how you called me little fuck and so on on this thread.

Offline NoBigDeal

• Loyal Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
Guys, On Topic please ...
« Reply #61 on: Friday, January 09, 2015, 16:08:57 PM »
DON'T HATE MUSLIMS BECAUSE SOMETIMES THEY DO BAD THINGS.
Really ..? Then I have bad news for you: over the last century, they are playing the lead role in terrorism ... especially don't tell me, that Islam has nothing to do with terrorism all over the world.

I come from a Catholic family - a very traditional one, but ... In the nineties, I was part of UNPROFOR in Ex-Yugoslavia and I saw what people can do in the name of God - and they were not some sporadic fanatics ... it was the entire nations. Once we found something, what even media wasn't allowed to publish - don't ask me what kind of insanity I saw ... Enough said, that at this day I stopped believe in God. Believe me ...

... if God existed, then he wouldn't allow for such bestiality ...

Now as an atheist I believe I have more respect for God and His believers than believers among themselves - regardless of religion.
What if you could change the world by changing your perspective of it?
Would you?

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #62 on: Friday, January 09, 2015, 16:11:07 PM »
You came from catholic to atheist? wow have no more comment.

Offline SASF-DarkShooter

• Respected Members
  • Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: Friday, January 09, 2015, 16:13:00 PM »
I've been raised as a catholic myself, but have always been told to be open minded and choose what I believed in, rather than believing what my parents did. I chose to explore several religions and cultures and found out that it all seems ridiculous to me. Especially as most of the religions are all based on the same things.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #64 on: Friday, January 09, 2015, 16:13:13 PM »
The bottom line is that it's wrong to attack someone in ANY manner for what they believe or who they are.

It's ok for me to believe that any religion is a fucked, idiotic, caveman-esque view on the world. But if I attack someone for believing that way, that is wrong. Whether I bully them, hit them or kill them.

Why is it wrong? Well, morally, it's good to be nice to people. Also, a persons beliefs, opinions or physical attributes have little reflection on their character. That's the only thing you can attack or applaud someone for, their character, how they carry themselves in a day to day life. You call someone out for being an asshole or you thank someone for being kind.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #65 on: Friday, January 09, 2015, 16:16:09 PM »
He gave you the comments on why he did it.
The bottom line is that it's wrong to attack someone in ANY manner for what they believe or who they are.

It's ok for me to believe that any religion is a fucked, idiotic, caveman-esque view on the world. But if I attack someone for believing that way, that is wrong. Whether I bully them, hit them or kill them.

Why is it wrong? Well, morally, it's good to be nice to people. Also, a persons beliefs, opinions or physical attributes have little reflection on their character. That's the only thing you can attack or applaud someone for, their character, how they carry themselves in a day to day life. You call someone out for being an asshole or you thank someone for being kind.
Nice post :)
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #66 on: Friday, January 09, 2015, 16:18:29 PM »
I've been raised as a catholic myself, but have always been told to be open minded and choose what I believed in, rather than believing what my parents did. I chose to explore several religions and cultures and found out that it all seems ridiculous to me. Especially as most of the religions are all based on the same things.

Sadly I grew in the family where I only knew Catholic, my whole family Catholic and I even had to go to classes in the church and school for that to be able to marry in the catholic church, that's how life took me to believe in what I believe now. I don't think you can hate me for that and I am not going to change my religion at this time where I don't feel need of it.

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Not Cwunk
« Reply #67 on: Friday, January 09, 2015, 16:25:36 PM »
Really ..? Then I have bad news for you: over the last century, they are playing the lead role in terrorism ... especially don't tell me, that Islam has nothing to do with terrorism all over the world.

Genocide in Eastern Europe was terrible and I feel for all the victims, their families, and those like you who went in and saw it as it happened. That was terrorism.

RIGHT NOW, genocidal violence and terrorism is occurring all over the globe and not only by Muslims against non-believers. It's happening in West Africa, where the elites and government ignore human and organ trafficking and murder rates skyrocket. It's happening in Myanmar, where Buddhists (only by name, not practice) are wiping out an entire nation of Muslims. There, Islam only makes up a small percentage of the population but fears that Muslims are taking over (the same fears seen in this thread) drive genocide. Look at Syria, Gaza, and Yemen where Arabs are the victims of terrorism.

Just because the news obsesses over brown-on-white violence doesn't mean it's the most common. What about Boko Haram killing thousands this week? Nobody cares? More concern over a handful of racist French cartoonists? Only American and European lives matter?

*EDIT*

This thread reminds me of the DRAAT forums
Hi I'm Archeh I like too have fun online playing shoot-'em-up video games

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Friday, January 09, 2015, 16:28:26 PM »
Sadly I grew in the family where I only knew Catholic, my whole family Catholic and I even had to go to classes in the church and school for that to be able to marry in the catholic church, that's how life took me to believe in what I believe now. I don't think you can hate me for that and I am not going to change my religion at this time where I don't feel need of it.
I don't believe anyone said they're hating you for that. Or maybe I missed it, this thread is growing so fast...

I think one can believe whatever they want as long as they don't force others to believe in the same thing against their will or in any other way go into conflict with other people's rights and civil liberties.

But the problem is, most relgions believe whoever believes something else is a pagan and will end up in hell. Each religion wants to rule the world. Some act on it more than others, but like has been said, a lot of it is based on the same stories anyway.

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #69 on: Friday, January 09, 2015, 16:41:16 PM »
By the reports, all the terrorists are dead. Two brothers has been killed and the innocent civilian that they were holding is alive. The other terrorist who attacked the store has been taken down( his girlfriend escaped), 4 innocents civilians died there.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #70 on: Saturday, January 10, 2015, 06:52:40 AM »
Just because the news obsesses over brown-on-white violence doesn't mean it's the most common. What about Boko Haram killing thousands this week? Nobody cares? More concern over a handful of racist French cartoonists? Only American and European lives matter?

*EDIT*

That's the sad truth. I heard about Boko Haram just killing entire villages these days and nobody gives a sh!t in Europe, probably just because it's far away and doesn't affect them.

@Dark: You're right, I didn't think about that, there's way more than 6% Muslims in Brussels, thanks for clearing this out for me ^^

@ AAC: You're saying homosexual people are creepy, broken and you wouldn't want your son to be ... What do you think about handicaped people? They're broken they should be burned? If you're not like everyone else you must be burned? Like it was mentionned above, about homosexuality AND religion, people must be more open minded !
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 10, 2015, 11:57:43 AM by Ganja »

Offline Alex

« Reply #71 on: Saturday, January 10, 2015, 14:26:11 PM »

*EDIT*

You're talking about people being on a high horse earlier yet you come in here believing you're better than us just because we're talking about an act of terrorism that happened in a country that doesn't normally get terror attacks?

You know damn well why it's getting more coverage. Or maybe you're just ignorant, so I'll explain it to you. Europe and the United States are not used to this kind of violence. Africa has been experiencing that kind of violence for a long time. Yes it's worse, yes, it's tragic, but it doesn't have the shock factor because it's been happening for so long. It's the same reason why police killings here in the U.S. get more coverage than the numerous killings in, say, Chicago. Yeah, a hell of a lot more murders happen in the slums of Chicago than police shooting people, but police shootings are much more rare, thus it gets more attention. I'd also like to add that people are more concerned when trouble is much closer to them. Africa is far away, both physically and socially. but a developed nation like France? It's much closer to home than Africa. We can identify with the French much more than with those in Africa.  It may not be fair, but that's the way the world works.
This is not necessarily a bad thing either. If we were to mourn ever loss of life equally, we'd all be emotional wrecks unable to live our lives. So in the words you used earlier, get off your high horse. We're just talking about the attack, you didn't need to turn this into a human psychology discussion. The only person trying to turn this into a draat style flame war is you. Just let people mourn this attack and move on.

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Not Cwunk
« Reply #72 on: Saturday, January 10, 2015, 15:41:15 PM »
Okay keep parroting the same statements we've all heard time and time again, enjoy that discussion. Only flaming I did was toward the Army dude and I wasn't alone in that. Just because you think Africa and Middle East are so doomed we shouldn't even discuss terrorism there doesn't mean I agree. Or I guess I could take that discussion out of the Charlie Hebdo thread. Would you prefer if I made a thread for each and every terrorist action so as to keep our mourning compartmentalized?

EDIT:
For what it's worth, I thought the DRAAT forums had pretty good discussion. Lots of differing viewpoints and hot topics = lots of angry posts, but I thought that was okay. Herrmoo and scandii made my day countless times with their no-nonsense posts.
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 10, 2015, 15:43:57 PM by Archeh »
Hi I'm Archeh I like too have fun online playing shoot-'em-up video games

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Saturday, January 10, 2015, 16:15:40 PM »
Okay keep parroting the same statements we've all heard time and time again, enjoy that discussion. Only flaming I did was toward the Army dude and I wasn't alone in that. Just because you think Africa and Middle East are so doomed we shouldn't even discuss terrorism there doesn't mean I agree. Or I guess I could take that discussion out of the Charlie Hebdo thread. Would you prefer if I made a thread for each and every terrorist action so as to keep our mourning compartmentalized?

EDIT:
For what it's worth, I thought the DRAAT forums had pretty good discussion. Lots of differing viewpoints and hot topics = lots of angry posts, but I thought that was okay. Herrmoo and scandii made my day countless times with their no-nonsense posts.
I actually didn't think you meant anything bad by saying it looked like DRAAT forums. But I guess Killaman disagreed. And I don't believe I ever visited DRAAT forums, so what do I know, huh? :D

Now Scandii... there's a guy I haven't spoken to in a long ass while. Apparently he's the president of ESN Boras or something now (I checked on facebook). I think it's Erasmus Student Network or something.

Offline Ronny123

« Reply #74 on: Saturday, January 10, 2015, 18:34:28 PM »
every one is talking about the islamist guys that killed the 12..what about the terroist and the reason for this fucking terror? thoose christians who wrote shit about islam and mohammad?
i'm christian , just trying to show that in both sides there are terror..there are shit muslims , therre are shit christians :)

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager