Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Spanky & Delta: Evolution  (Read 7172 times)

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Spanky & Delta: Evolution
« on: Friday, April 09, 2010, 03:36:54 AM »
[00:12] Delta: Well, I still don't believe something as complex as a Human just evolves either :)
[00:13] Spanky: were you born with everything you know now?
[00:13] Delta: No, but the only reason I can know what I know now is because of my ability to think and reason
[00:14] Delta: Which is a God given right :)
[00:14] Delta: That Animals don't have
[00:14] Spanky: :)
[00:14] Delta: And don't even start telling me an animals brain is comparable to a humans
[00:15] Spanky: you learned. knowledge is growing every day and we feed off of that collective pool. many animals are social, just like we are. we've learned and shared over many years. i'm sure you can agree with that?
[00:15] Spanky: at one time we thought flight was impossible yet now it takes place every day
[00:15] Spanky: you agree?
[00:16] Delta: that's not evolution, we always had the capability to understand it
[00:16] Spanky: do you agree?
[00:17] Delta: I do believe in microevolution
[00:17] Spanky: :-I
[00:17] Delta: which I think that falls under
[00:18] Spanky: im gonna do something else
[00:18] Delta: Humans haven't change, their knowledge has expanded yes, but lets delete everything and start over
[00:18] Delta: wouldn't we take the same amount of time to figure it out again?
[00:19] Spanky: yea
[00:19] Delta: it's like working your way up, it takes time
[00:19] Spanky: ok
[00:19] Delta: it's complex
[00:20] Delta: I wish I was more knowledgeable in this area
[00:22] Spanky: there's a species of bird that has a unique mating call which it learns from it's parents. some people took eggs of the bird and hatched them away from the parents. the young didnt know the mating call and when females were brought in, they tried to impress but couldnt, a unusually small percent succeeded. those that did succeed they left with the parents and over the period of 4 or 5 generations the birds mating call (keep in mind they've been in captivity separated from the natural birds) was the same as that of the natural birds. if that's not evoloution... i dont know what is
[00:22] Spanky: thats the same with us really
[00:23] Spanky: knowledge is shared and passed along and in species of ANIMALS that do that, evolution happens faster
[00:23] Spanky: languages have improved, knowledge has improved, skills have improved
[00:24] Spanky: is it hard to say that our bodies improve along with our minds? to become capable of what we want/need to do?
[00:24] Spanky: we look the same as our parents, thats not proof that evolution is non-existant
[00:24] Spanky: if you want to be right, we really aren't animals
[00:25] Spanky: we have no need or drive to evolove when we have everything we need
[00:25] Spanky: there's nothing to improve
[00:26] Delta: yeah, but this isn't evolution in the sense that are physical appearance is changing
[00:26] Delta: Are minds may have always had this capability
[00:26] Spanky: it might be
[00:26] Spanky: our bodies might be changing, who knows
[00:26] Delta: I still have 10 fingers and taos
[00:26] Spanky: how large was the average heart 1000 years ago compared to today?
[00:26] Spanky: what about lung capacity
[00:27] Spanky: we dont know because we couldnt measure
[00:27] Spanky: we dont know how much we've changed, that's not proof that we havent
[00:27] Spanky: even then, 1000 years isnt that long of a time
[00:27] Spanky: i'm sure we're plenty different from adam and eve
[00:27] Delta: are bodies can adapt, that doesn't mean it's evolution
[00:28] Spanky: lol
[00:28] Spanky: that IS evolution
[00:29] Spanky: Adaptation is the evolutionary process whereby an organism becomes better able to live in its habitat or habitats
[00:29] Delta: I wish I knew the difference between micro-evolution and this
[00:29] Delta: Ok, why would an animal need a brain like ours?
[00:29] Delta: if they can make it as is
[00:30] Spanky: exactly, why would it?
[00:30] Delta: right
[00:30] Spanky: i dont get your point
[00:30] Delta: so why do we have one?
[00:30] Spanky: lol sneaky
[00:30] Spanky: why do snakes lay eggs
[00:30] Spanky: i dont know
[00:30] Delta: yeah
[00:30] Spanky: cuz they do
[00:30] Delta: exactly
[00:31] Delta: we are things the way they are?
[00:31] Delta: Random chance
[00:31] Delta: that's the best we can do
[00:31] Spanky: it's not random
[00:31] Delta: that's what evolution is
[00:31] Spanky: it's thousands of years of improvements
[00:31] Spanky: evolution isn't random
[00:32] Delta: I don't get how any of this makes sense
[00:35] Delta:: Why are we the only things on earth that the brain capacity to even talk about this?
[00:35] Delta:: That makes no sense from an evolutionary point of view
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Knight

• Teh Hugeburger
  • Dedicated Poster
  • Human Analog
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/61454245@N05/
Re: Spanky & Delta: Evolution
« Reply #1 on: Friday, April 09, 2010, 08:09:35 AM »
I solved the problem of evolution years ago, its simple. We were put here by aliens. People have attributed "God" to these aliens.   
http://s.postquote.us/uKnight.png[/img][/url]
[CleanMe][/url]
[Photography, The least you should know][/url]
http://kodyhungenberg.500px.com[/url]

Offline Dialects

« Reply #2 on: Friday, April 09, 2010, 11:02:29 AM »
Science suggests evolution depends mostly of a action-reaction cell behavior. In ancient knowledge, evolution has been said to act through the balanced mix of a third energy-based component, to which humanity called "Nature Energy". Starting on the absolute that each human being possess Yin and Yan; --thus a complete chackra flow--, it is reasonable to conclude evolution is forced upon our vessels. Through said logically explained theory, a human's path was of purity. Become one with nature. Complete animal metamorphosis. How senseful can this be, you may be wondering?

Action-Reaction
Energy-Balance
Human-Animal

Can you see the pattern? Through the notion that evolution is forced and not endorsed, a reaction becomes an action. Balance becomes energetically sustainable and inconstant. Animals become one within the form of humans. What reason leads me to twist the riddle further up, and how does it still makes sense, regardless? Simple. Look at it this way; If I force you to walk towards a celled lion, unarmed and left with your own corpse alone, to fight for the survival of your specie, what is it that it's truly happening? Stepwise:

1) You move. You walk towards the cell. What was once a reaction to my demands is now an action of your own.
2) The balance of what you once had and controlled has been exposed to the circumstances/energy that flows around you. What would have been a obvious fight between you and a lion can change due to the perception of outter energy; through momentos. You now balance Energy within yourself and your surroundings to better fit specific situations you encounter yourself with.
3) You are a human. However true as that might be, if presented in a certain habitat, against certain enemies, you will adapt. You will become an animal-in-command, and act/think like one alike. It's not a switch you can plug and that's it; It's something you are forced to --and adapt to.

Conclusively, ---and disregarding the explanation of Ancient knowledge--- humans, as animals, do evolve. Both physically and psychologically. Adaption is not only the first step to evolution, as it also is -by far- the best known among Earth's history. Denying so is the same as saying black hair and blond hair, even though regarded differently and of divergent looks, own the same properties.
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #3 on: Friday, April 09, 2010, 12:53:53 PM »
millions of years of physical and mental 'improvement' and theres war for oil, poverty while others live in billion dollar mansions, no american healthcare (hehe)
in the 6000 years of mankind, thats 6000 years of war how come we haven't evolved away from it? surely that would be an improvement....
Several reasons, money and power to name 2.

if we came from apes, why are there still apes around? why didnt they become 'improved' why hasnt the 'human' changed? where the dominant species, not cos our strength or anything physical but because we have the ability of reason, something that u could not evolve
It's called a common ancestor. An ancient ancestor of which we AND chips evolved from. Ardipithecus As I said to Delta, how do you know we haven't changed? Where's the proof that average bone size/density hasn't changed? Or how about average heart size? Lung capacity? Evolution doesn't happen in a couple generations, it happens in thousands of years. It's said we are the way we are because we have a larger cerebral cortex than other animals. This allows us to do pretty much everything we do on a daily basis. This is a physical attributed which evolved.

if we all came from the same source we would all have the same thinking capacity...
but then how can something without the ability to reason ever reason with themselves to evolve?
You don't will yourself to evolve. What you do in your life affects your body physically with muscle and bone size. I'd say more but I can't make my point and make it sound good.

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Not Cwunk
« Reply #4 on: Friday, April 09, 2010, 16:32:31 PM »
GAH I kinda wanna get involved but I think I'm just gonna watch this one.
Hi I'm Archeh I like too have fun online playing shoot-'em-up video games

Offline Alex

« Reply #5 on: Friday, April 09, 2010, 16:47:09 PM »
I usualy love a good argument but this is a topic that I don't know much about. It's fun to see the arguments though.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #6 on: Friday, April 09, 2010, 17:50:05 PM »
AJ, don't bother getting involved in the discussion, it's only a forum  ::)

Killaman, you don't have to know everything in order to have a valid opinion.

Offline Knight

• Teh Hugeburger
  • Dedicated Poster
  • Human Analog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday, April 09, 2010, 18:14:28 PM »
Unless you are in a debate with me. Then if your opinion isn't well researched I don't care :P
[CleanMe][/url]

-Delta-

« Reply #8 on: Friday, April 09, 2010, 18:15:31 PM »
It's called a common ancestor. An ancient ancestor of which we AND chips evolved from. Ardipithecus As I said to Delta...

How much can you really tell from some bones that have been in the ground? How much of this is fact, and how much of it is theory from hopeful scientists? Also there's a flaw in your source, you can't put any faith into what Wikipedia says. I've read stuff that says the dating has been inconclusive, and the fossils were badly crushed and damaged. And the only real thing they have to go on are digital reconstructions. Also they only have a few fragments of bone found over a large area. And the toe bone, that they say suggests that the creature walks upright, was found over 10 miles away from the rest of the fossils and dated a few hundred thousand years apart.

Offline Knight

• Teh Hugeburger
  • Dedicated Poster
  • Human Analog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Friday, April 09, 2010, 18:17:59 PM »
How can you put faith into a book that has been translated hundreds of times and some times the translations were worse than google translator! In fact Shakespeare translated the bible at one point. 
[CleanMe][/url]

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #10 on: Friday, April 09, 2010, 18:21:18 PM »
you can't put any faith into what Wikipedia says

Tell that to Jimmy. Also, I didn't hear about it there first. I would link you to the documentary but you probably wouldn't watch it.

-Delta-

« Reply #11 on: Friday, April 09, 2010, 18:28:38 PM »
It's Wikipedia, anyone can write something on there, does that make it true?

Offline Dialects

« Reply #12 on: Friday, April 09, 2010, 20:02:12 PM »
Ought to love how every one ignores my post;
My oh my.
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Not Cwunk
« Reply #13 on: Friday, April 09, 2010, 22:24:45 PM »
My oh my.

You use big words.
Hi I'm Archeh I like too have fun online playing shoot-'em-up video games

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #14 on: Friday, April 09, 2010, 22:25:44 PM »
My oh my.

I don't disagree with it so I really have nothing to say about it.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager