Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: The US is shit.  (Read 38365 times)

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: The US is shit.
« Reply #165 on: Monday, June 04, 2012, 03:19:19 AM »
And therefore religion is useless, everyone who believes in anything religious or spiritual is dumb and deserves to be told off by killaman

I second this! Seriously. If people need hope that bad and see hope in stained glass or burned toast then they need help. You can live life and do good without following god's or jesus' laws. You don't have to be religious to be a good person. Religion has stunted humanity.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline MothaGoosE

« Reply #166 on: Monday, June 04, 2012, 03:19:53 AM »
No, it's wrong because it isn't based on facts. Any assumption not based on facts is useless. Nothing Grapes and Archi have been saying has any hint of truth to it or facts to back it up, yet they act as though it does.

And if simply pointing out someone was wrong made you right, we'd have politicians that prepare for their careers by studying law--wait a minute...People who practice how to bullshit other people in matters over their heads are in. It's not what you see, it's what you don't.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #167 on: Monday, June 04, 2012, 03:22:19 AM »
Correct. At least for the time being. If there were ever facts found to back it up, then it could become true, but until then, it's wrong.
u can always found facts for what u believe, facts are facts, rumors are rumors and theres only 1 truth, but everyone was a point of view inside this truth. defend ur beliefs, 1 day u will know if ur wrong or not :P
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Alex

« Reply #168 on: Monday, June 04, 2012, 03:24:27 AM »
And if simply pointing out someone was wrong made you right, we'd have politicians that prepare for their careers by studying law--wait a minute...People who practice how to bullshit other people in matters over their heads are in. It's not what you see, it's what you don't.
I choose to believe in thing that are backed by facts, things that have been proven right. If you want to believe in made up things that may or may not be true then go ahead, but that's not a healthy way to live. I can't prove that there isn't an invisible pink pony following me around everywhere, so should I start telling everyone that it's real? No, because it defies common sense, and so does a lot of the crazy theories in this thread. If there isn't any facts to back it up, it's a waste of time and not worth believing in.

Offline MothaGoosE

« Reply #169 on: Monday, June 04, 2012, 03:25:30 AM »
I second this! Seriously. If people need hope that bad and see hope in stained glass or burned toast then they need help. You can live life and do good without following god's or jesus' laws. You don't have to be religious to be a good person. Religion has stunted humanity.

Religion isn't about hope, it's about having an excuse. It's about not being responsible for your actions. It's a fairytale for grown-ups. If you have to fear Hell for sinning and be promised Heaven for having faith in order to do what you think is right, then your morals are fucked. Spreading nice lies don't make lies the truth. I could go on for days about religion.

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Not Cwunk
« Reply #170 on: Monday, June 04, 2012, 03:27:46 AM »
Buddhism isn't really religion but it's something I have a lot of interest in. I'm thinking about studying Taoism soon
Hi I'm Archeh I like too have fun online playing shoot-'em-up video games

Offline MothaGoosE

« Reply #171 on: Monday, June 04, 2012, 03:28:52 AM »
I choose to believe in thing that are backed by facts, things that have been proven right. If you want to believe in made up things that may or may not be true then go ahead, but that's not a healthy way to live. I can't prove that there isn't an invisible pink pony following me around everywhere, so should I start telling everyone that it's real? No, because it defies common sense, and so does a lot of the crazy theories in this thread. If there isn't any facts to back it up, it's a waste of time and not worth believing in.

Well, yes, the default position in any argument in which a claim is made is not to believe it until it is proven. Just try and argue that with any Christian and out comes special pleading, strawmanning, and pretty much every fallacy they can get their hands on.

Offline Alex

« Reply #172 on: Monday, June 04, 2012, 03:30:47 AM »
Well, yes, the default position in any argument in which a claim is made is not to believe it until it is proven. Just try and argue that with any Christian and out comes special pleading, strawmanning, and pretty much every fallacy they can get their hands on.
I know, and the same thing applies for these conspiracy theories. Nobody can show me any proof they are real, yet they act as if they are. Same situation, different subject.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #173 on: Monday, June 04, 2012, 03:32:38 AM »
Religion isn't about hope, it's about having an excuse. It's about not being responsible for your actions. It's a fairytale for grown-ups. If you have to fear Hell for sinning and be promised Heaven for having faith in order to do what you think is right, then your morals are fucked. Spreading nice lies don't make lies the truth. I could go on for days about religion.

Exactly. I've always thought that religion provided people with a reason to be good; heaven. Be a good person, do good to others and you'll be rewarded in the end. You shouldn't have to be rewarded to be a good person. You don't need religion to be a good person. It's strictly for the weak-minded, much like cigarettes, alcohol and other drugs (sorry Archi).
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: Monday, June 04, 2012, 03:34:05 AM »
I agree that Christianity is fucked but I still believe in an omniscient/omnipotent creator.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: Monday, June 04, 2012, 03:35:20 AM »
following God commandments its not = following religios rules.
God him self can teach u, talk to u, its up to u to hear him, to stop and look around to see what hes saying to u, to let him guide ur life, religion doesn't save anyone, theres no error under God guidance, ONLY Jesus save.

if you thing that to be with God u have to blindly follow a religion, then ur wasted. that's what I call ignorence :D

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: Monday, June 04, 2012, 03:36:15 AM »
It's strictly for the weak-minded, much like cigarettes, alcohol and other drugs (sorry Archi).

The drugs I like are for the strong-minded. Could the weak-minded handle the floor melting away beneath you while the walls breathe and the ceiling flows faster than a river? The strong-minded appreciate these alterations while putting them aside to meditate.

Offline MothaGoosE

« Reply #177 on: Monday, June 04, 2012, 03:38:44 AM »
I know, and the same thing applies for these conspiracy theories. Nobody can show me any proof they are real, yet they act as if they are. Same situation, different subject.

Correct, but as soon as you employ fallacies yourself, you lose the high ground.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: Monday, June 04, 2012, 03:40:33 AM »
I agree that Christianity is fucked but I still believe in an omniscient/omnipotent creator.
theres only 1, if u belive why don't u give a chance to ur self, yeah, to ur self, because you without God its nothing, but God without you its still God.

he created us all free, he has power to control us, but hes not an invasor, hes at ur heart door, but u need to open, so he can enter.
« Last Edit: Monday, June 04, 2012, 03:42:22 AM by Possessed »

Offline MothaGoosE

« Reply #179 on: Monday, June 04, 2012, 03:40:43 AM »
following God commandments its not = following religios rules.
God him self can teach u, talk to u, its up to u to hear him, to stop and look around to see what hes saying to u, to let him guide ur life, religion doesn't save anyone, theres no error under God guidance, ONLY Jesus save.

if you thing that to be with God u have to blindly follow a religion, then ur wasted. that's what I call ignorence :D

If only we could see the world like you do. May we have some fries with this Mind-projection fallacy? You certainly aren't fooling me.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager