Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Prints Give-Away!  (Read 1795 times)

Offline Dialects

Prints Give-Away!
« on: Saturday, June 05, 2010, 23:24:57 PM »
Work In Progress

I have a special affection for the people of this community, and thus, I have decided to give five prints of the above piece away. You, person interested, will be responsible for paying the shipping costs. I, the creator, will be responsible for paying the print. They will be printed onto a A3/A2 size-format canvas-board. The prince range can go from £50 to £150, depending on the quality of the paper, and its fibre calibration. I'll have to look into it carefully, so I don't end up wasting £1000 on give-aways to some e-friends overseas :) Will keep you updated as far as the piece goes, considering I am not yet taking it as a finalised piece. Do not expect this to happen any sooner than a couple of months, at least.

List of Interested [Prints]:
Kody (Kody)

List of Interested [High-Res File]:
Nate (Spanky)

Yours sincerely,
Klaasillu / Dann
« Last Edit: Sunday, June 06, 2010, 00:20:04 AM by Dann »
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: Prints Give-Away!
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, June 05, 2010, 23:38:59 PM »
How dare you assume I like your work :) Actually, I do. However being the cheapskate I am, I won't pay for one to be shipped (don't feel insulted, I'm just cheap). I also think that you can save the cost on having it printed and put it towards your future endeavors i.e. art supplies / school. I will say though that when I get ink for my printer, if you could send me a few pieces digitally that I can print out on 8x11 paper to hang on my wall. I've done this before with a few artsy people and I would like more of it.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Dialects

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, June 06, 2010, 00:32:28 AM »
Noted.
What kind of resolution are we talking about?
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, June 06, 2010, 02:03:44 AM »
My desktop background rotates every 30 minutes. I would like to have one of your pieces in good size as one of my rotating backgrounds.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, June 06, 2010, 03:15:54 AM »
Noted.
What kind of resolution are we talking about?

No idea. Better larger than smaller as it can be scaled.

Offline Dialects

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, June 06, 2010, 08:56:41 AM »
My desktop background rotates every 30 minutes. I would like to have one of your pieces in good size as one of my rotating backgrounds.

Ouch.

No idea. Better larger than smaller as it can be scaled.

Would a 4000x4000 300px suffice? If I am not mistaken, that would be something like a midsize between the A4 and A3.

Offline Knight

• Teh Hugeburger
  • Dedicated Poster
  • Human Analog
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/61454245@N05/
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, June 08, 2010, 05:16:34 AM »
After thinking about it. I really don't trust those customs people, so I would be interested in a high res file that I could have printed here. With some sort of donation to the dann-starving-artist-fund of course <3(once I have money FK). If that's alright with you <3
http://s.postquote.us/uKnight.png[/img][/url]
[CleanMe][/url]
[Photography, The least you should know][/url]
http://kodyhungenberg.500px.com[/url]

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, June 08, 2010, 05:19:49 AM »
Would a 4000x4000 300px suffice? If I am not mistaken, that would be something like a midsize between the A4 and A3.

Original should be fine unless it's like 500MB. Not to offend but I'm not particularly drawn to this specific piece. I know there's a few others I wouldn't mind having if you were willing. Perhaps some thumbnails of your work would be in order?
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 08, 2010, 05:22:30 AM by Spanky »

Offline Dialects

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, June 08, 2010, 05:28:48 AM »
The original is 286MB. Changes are, it will be about 1GB once the piece is finished. My paintings usually go up to 3GB, depending on the level of detail. I'll try to maximize it the most I can, still preserving it quality-rich. As for the prints, I don't mind sending you the High Res file, at all. I don't need any money for it. If you want to support me, then I guess it's fine and I really have no reason to go against it --Only if you truly want to!

Added your name on the list, Kody.
Anyone else interested in the High Res file?

Note: There is only one condition applying. Respect the copyrights. I know most will. Just making sure it's out there.

Offline Knight

• Teh Hugeburger
  • Dedicated Poster
  • Human Analog
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/61454245@N05/
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, June 08, 2010, 05:32:59 AM »
No prob (we really need a thumbs up smiley) ::)
http://s.postquote.us/uKnight.png[/img][/url]
[CleanMe][/url]
[Photography, The least you should know][/url]
http://kodyhungenberg.500px.com[/url]

Offline Dialects

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, June 08, 2010, 05:35:38 AM »
I am not offended by that, at all. I'll provide you all with High Res of whatever piece request. Ask away!

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager