Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Possibly something we can start on  (Read 1581 times)

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
Possibly something we can start on
« on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 23:15:46 PM »
I know this is kind of a big read, but please read it because Blue asked you to nicely.

In the past few weeks, most of us have been going back and forth between what we should take on next. As far as Ive seen, we've chosen to go towards a video game route once again. That's all nice and dandy, but I think I've found something else we can start on where we can all start fresh for the most part. Affiliate marketing.

I have a personal friend who works in affiliate marketing and is ridiculously successful so far in it. He's 19 years old and owns a jaguar, an excessive pinky ring with a diamond of a 2.5 inch radius, $400 hi-tops, and a range of very nice looking suits and shoes. And also like Spanky, this guy runs a dual monitor set-up; two widescreen 24in LCD's. If the previous sentence meant anything to you, it's kind of obvious that he's living pretty well with what he makes.

So what's the significance of this? Well he came up to me and asked if I was interested in working with him. Two people working on affiliate marketing would boost growth very high and I would be getting quite a good sum of cash every week. But I have myself a safeguard which is going to the local community college for 2 years and possibly transferring credits to a real college. My friends interest is in people who are available full-time so pretty much I don't cut it because I have to go to classes, then again he is working with high profits and there is some sense in needing to be available the whole day. I asked him how he started on some of this stuff and he showed me some of his starting points. Then I thought, what if I can get Spanky, Dann, and friends interested in this. Then we can all work together to make actual revenue for ourselves.

So my point of this post is to get the crew interested in trying to work in affiliate marketing so we might eventually become an affiliate network and be able to generate good amounts of money. To me it looks interesting and because I know my friend is totally reaping money in from this, there's no reason we wouldn't be able to either.

So here's some of the resources, take a look at them if you want, but I really want to know if you guys are interested in something like this, because I feel it'd be easier to get started as a team instead of going solo. And please, no saying how much you think this is all a scam, there's plenty of people who know how to generate good revenue all from working online and not from clicking on ads or running ad-clickers.

Resources
A Word of Advice for Recent Graduates (Good read, but there were a lot of obvious points for me that I already knew)
Affiliate Marketing Guide (Awesome read, kind of long but it's in short chapters. Excellent jumping off point)
Jason Atatiff Interview (The juicy stuff starts at the middle and all the way to the end, at least take some time to listen starting at about 80% of the way in)

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: Possibly something we can start on
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 00:07:39 AM »
Money? What? Where? DO WANT! I might be interested since I have time to invest. I don't see many details though and before I read through those 3 links, I have some questions. What is affiliate marketing? How is it done? What does it require?
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Knight

• Teh Hugeburger
  • Dedicated Poster
  • Human Analog
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/61454245@N05/
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 01:37:20 AM »
I am very interested I have all day with nothing to do. I would like more info though.
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 01:43:27 AM by Knight »
http://s.postquote.us/uKnight.png[/img][/url]
[CleanMe][/url]
[Photography, The least you should know][/url]
http://kodyhungenberg.500px.com[/url]

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 01:23:25 AM »
If you wanna answer some of the questions, click on the second like (http://www.jonathanvolk.com/affiliate-marketing-guide/guide.php) and read the section you want. The second section is even called "What is affiliate marketing" (I think all of spanky's questions are answered in the guide). In fact, I suggest you just skim over the second link if your going to read anything.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #4 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 03:27:13 AM »
I think this is one of those things where you really have to know what you're doing and can take a lot of time to get started. Both of which I have no real desire to do. I mean, I COULD learn the stock market. Plus, I think you need to know and spam a lot of people. I'm sure it's right for some people, probably not me though. Basically it seems like more direct advertising, I have Google for that (even though I don't get paid shit).

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 17:30:11 PM »
I didn't see anything about the stock market or spamming people?

This is isn't Blackhat SEO.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #6 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 19:33:53 PM »
lol, the stock market was an analogy. I could take the time to learn this just as I could take the time to learn the stock market. Both have the potential to be lucrative.

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 20:24:50 PM »
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

okay.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager