Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Osama bin Ladin  (Read 8484 times)

Offline Alex

Re: Osama bin Ladin
« Reply #30 on: Monday, February 20, 2012, 16:02:28 PM »
No....... I simply cannot believe that you just posted a link to infowars........

Let's go to a conspiracy theory site to try to prove a conspiracy theory is correct! Either way, nothing was really even in that article.

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Not Cwunk
« Reply #31 on: Monday, February 20, 2012, 16:04:46 PM »
OMFG I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU JUST CALLED ME OUT ON SOMETHING THAT I ADDED A DISCLAIMER FOR I BETTER CALL YOU OUT ON THAT TOO BECAUSE THE PROPER WAY TO WIN A DEBATE IS THROUGH ACCUSATION AND BELITTLING
Hi I'm Archeh I like too have fun online playing shoot-'em-up video games

Offline Alex

« Reply #32 on: Monday, February 20, 2012, 16:06:08 PM »
OMFG I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU JUST CALLED ME OUT ON SOMETHING THAT I ADDED A DISCLAIMER FOR I BETTER CALL YOU OUT ON THAT TOO BECAUSE THE PROPER WAY TO WIN A DEBATE IS THROUGH ACCUSATION AND BELITTLING
Why would you post something that doesn't support what you want to say though? Isn't that just a waste of a post? Why post it if it wasn't serious?

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Monday, February 20, 2012, 16:10:23 PM »
You make the incorrect assumption that I see you as foe in this discussion. I don't really support Alex Jones or InfoWars. I don't like to be handfed my beliefs, I like to develop them on my own.

I myself was unaware of the Georgia Guide Stones and reading the wiki didn't really get me what I wanted to know. I knew that InfoWars would have something to say, so I checked it out. Copy URL, paste URL, submit post... read article, edit in my genuine surprise that it wasn't filled with accusations and suspicion that Alex Jones isn't as trustworthy as most people who listen to his radio show believe. I posted that the article was "pretty useless" to which you responded "nothing was really even in that article". Who's wasting posts now?

Offline Alex

« Reply #34 on: Monday, February 20, 2012, 16:12:53 PM »
You make the incorrect assumption that I see you as foe in this discussion. I don't really support Alex Jones or InfoWars. I don't like to be handfed my beliefs, I like to develop them on my own.

I myself was unaware of the Georgia Guide Stones and reading the wiki didn't really get me what I wanted to know. I knew that InfoWars would have something to say, so I checked it out. Copy URL, paste URL, submit post... read article, edit in my genuine surprise that it wasn't filled with accusations and suspicion that Alex Jones isn't as trustworthy as most people who listen to his radio show believe. I posted that the article was "pretty useless" to which you responded "nothing was really even in that article". Who's wasting posts now?
Both of us because this is a useless argument. I was posting under the assumption that you knew what they were. I said they proved nothing and I assumed you posted that to try to show me what they proved. Obviously I was wrong.

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Monday, February 20, 2012, 16:16:24 PM »
You didn't see the conspiracy angle in the guidestones, as I myself failed to see, and I assumed that we could all be on the same page (even with very different opinions) having read that InfoWars article, which was actually completely useless.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #36 on: Monday, February 20, 2012, 16:34:52 PM »
I love how my post spawned a rant between AJ and Killaman :) I didn't bother reading pages 2 & 3. I simply just don't care. You can't change government and to get involved in politics is a fools game. How has it improved your life by knowing (or assuming or believing) what goes on in politics and government? I don't watch the news or keep up to date on politics because neither offer any benefit to me. It's all purely depressing and none of it affects me. Sure prices at the store go up and down but so what? It is what it is and again, you can't change it.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Monday, February 20, 2012, 16:41:54 PM »
But I want to change it.

Offline Alex

« Reply #38 on: Monday, February 20, 2012, 16:43:08 PM »
I love how my post spawned a rant between AJ and Killaman :) I didn't bother reading pages 2 & 3. I simply just don't care. You can't change government and to get involved in politics is a fools game. How has it improved your life by knowing (or assuming or believing) what goes on in politics and government? I don't watch the news or keep up to date on politics because neither offer any benefit to me. It's all purely depressing and none of it affects me. Sure prices at the store go up and down but so what? It is what it is and again, you can't change it.
Not really a rant. No insults were thrown or anything, unless you count calling someone brainwashed to be an insult. Basically all page 3 is so far is a big misunderstanding. :P

It is what it is and again, you can't change it.
Not the best mentality. Can't say you're wrong though.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #39 on: Monday, February 20, 2012, 16:53:49 PM »
Not the best mentality. Can't say you're wrong though.

I know. I would like to see change in the world. A lot of change. But I've realized that there's a ton of idiots and a lot of barriers to break through just to get the smallest amount of improvement. Even then, "improvement" is different person to person. You think you're improving something and out of nowhere comes a huge mob of people that are all raged. It's just not worth wasting any part of your life trying to inform yourself or better anything in the government or politics. Once you realize that, you can move onto the important stuff in life.

Offline soupcakes

• no soup for 4 U!
    • View Profile
  • AA: soul
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, February 21, 2012, 02:32:16 AM »

OK, and some weird guy could have just built those to get his own beliefs out. How exactly does that prove anything?

Lol, well it wasn't 1 guy. we are talking over 100 tons of stone. Not to mention eight languages engraved on it, and geometrically arranged and have 3 holes that line up with certain stars and the sun. all done anonymously.  And to top it all off, these arent ancient by any means. Now, even in like the 1980s (estimated time they popped up), you needed building permits, contract with people who are building or at very least, a deed to the land which your building it on. But not in this case they are anonymous.

Whoever put it there, obviously wanted it to be heard...doubt they engraved the same 10 lines over and over in eight languages for practice.... and the spot it was put in was very precise. And whoever put this there, had two things, A) Power/influence B) Money.

point: looking at something out of the ordinary, and simply sayin 'oh one weird guy could of put there there' and going on without an ounce of thought more put into it, makes anything easy to disregard....kinda like how OJ got off 'oh the glove didnt fit, no more questions, case closed'.

I'd recommend looking into yourself, look at multiple sources. but heres a non-conspiracy one to start.(hopefully not too biased for ya)

http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4198

You can't change government and to get involved in politics is a fools game. How has it improved your life by knowing (or assuming or believing) what goes on in politics and government? I don't watch the news or keep up to date on politics because neither offer any benefit to me. It's all purely depressing and none of it affects me. Sure prices at the store go up and down but so what? It is what it is and again, you can't change it.

1. Think it improved my life greatly. I voice my opinion, when I the Representatives are voting on something i agree or disagree with, i call them, state my opinion and which way i think they should vote. Granted, they dont listen, but if the majority of other callers said the same thing it would cause influence on which way they vote. Usually your representatives wont vote against the people. (although it has happened in the past)

2. I don't care for much news, local news and such is depressing. other than world news. I think its important to know what's happening in the world around you. Without other countries trading with us, we would fall on our faces. And I believe its important to know what future leaders plan on doing and how it will affect us as a whole.

3. Sure, I'm just one person, my point of view is probably worth less than 2 cents. But I'm a pretty strong believer in our constitution, and after sitting back and 'whatevering' my life away like everybody else, things happened that Ive had no clue about. Our constitutional rights were being used as a door mat. And each year, seems we lose more and more. Guess one day, shortly after we invaded Iraq, something happened... somethin felt different.... I started to give a fuck... about the 'why?' the 'how?' and the 'what?'and I am proud to be one that fights to keep what we got, and try and restore what we lost. End this with quotes from some good men.

'What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?'

'The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. '
~Thomas Jefferson

'Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.'
~Benjamin Franklin

edit: sorry for major delayed response, was workin.

« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 21, 2012, 02:58:30 AM by soupcakes »
You gotta have a nuclear soul
To melt down all your sorrowful load
And you gotta have a mercury soul
To weigh down any glimmer of gold

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, February 21, 2012, 02:51:32 AM »
You raise some good points without flaming soupcakes. Props to you for that.

I voice my opinion as well, just in different ways. Most importantly with my dollar. I support what I wish to support and live my life according to what I believe. While I wish others had the same ideals, I can't force that on them. I certainly don't believe calling representatives will do anything and even if it did, they can still be outnumbered by other representatives as far a voting. Without getting into my beliefs, I live in an area where the majority of those around me obviously don't uphold the same reasoning and beliefs that I do. I'm outnumbered in voicing my opinion thus it's pointless. Sure I could rally others that think alike and start a movement but that's a lot of time that cuts into my life and there's no guarantee that things will change. Thus, I just live my life how I choose, supporting what I can with my dollar and living within my beliefs.

I'm opposite of you on the news subject. I think the only news that would have merit is the local news. It's local to your area and is news about what is happening directly around you. With that said, I don't pay any attention to local news but I still think it has more purpose than global news. Global news is just more crap going wrong that you have absolutely no control over. Inflation this, gas prices that. Oh, Iran's got some nukes. Great. Nothing you can do about it. Why be knowledgeable about something depressing when there's nothing you can do to remedy it? Learn something you can actually use in every day life instead.

As for the constitution *shrug* I'm not sure how our rights are being restricted. I have free speach, I can own a gun, I can vote.

For your last quote, to me, it's the same thing as the military. I won't join in but there's plenty of others that will and that's great for them. They're doing what they think is right and ultimately, that's what it's all about. I'd rather enjoy life than try to fix a system that is so fucked up it would be better to start from scratch.

*EDIT*
Cool rocks. I agree with every one of those. We need a lot less people on the planet, especially the stupid ones.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 21, 2012, 02:55:27 AM by Spanky »

Offline soupcakes

• no soup for 4 U!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, February 21, 2012, 03:20:47 AM »
i respect your beliefs and understand. I live in a pretty laid back community, people from all over getting along in one community. I really enjoy living here. Lot of people with similar views (i know, this community is pretty sweet for me and i would of never guessed I would be so lucky)... and your right, not much you can do about world wide news... just interesting to me, feel its important. and I'm glad you brought the iran having nukes thing up, only because I looked into this right when it hit the news.... turns out in my research, i believe its very unlikely they have nukes, and looking to invade is for greater reasons.... kind of like how we invaded iraq because we 'knew' they had WMD... (funny how history only repeats itself)... even went as far as watchin speaches of Iranian president at a UN meeting... turns out, nothing came out of his mouth saying 'iran is better than america' or 'i hate america, we got nukes'...instead, he openly said they can come look, because it would be stupid for Iran to build 1 or even 10 nukes when theres 500 pointed back at us'... sorry, off topic... but thats why shit like that is important to me.... i have some urge to know the truth behind the media I guess. I guess I also feel compassion for those that are invaded and lose everything, over greed.

umm and rights being lost, its slow, but its sure...

1st AMENDMENT FREEDOM OF SPEECH
• The Patriot Act broadly expands the official definition of
terrorism, so that many domestic groups that engage in
nonviolent civil disobedience could very well find themselves
labeled as terrorists.
• The Government may now prosecute librarians or keepers
of any other records if they reveal that the government
requested information on their clients or members in the
course of an investigation. It has become a crime for these
individuals to try to safeguard your privacy or to tell you
that you are under investigation.

1st AMENDMENT FREEDOM OF ASSOCIATION
• Government agents may now monitor the First Amendment protected
activities of religious and political institutions, and
then infiltrate these groups with no suspicion of criminal
activity. This is a return to domestic spying on law-abiding
religious and political groups.
• You may now be the subject of a government investigation
simply because of the political, activist, or advocacy
groups you are involved in, or the statements you make
within these groups.
1st AMENDMENT RIGHT TO ACCESS
GOVERNMENT INFORMATION
• A U.S. Department of Justice directive actively encourages
federal, state, and local officials to resist and/or limit access
to government records through Freedom of Information Act
(FOIA) requests.
• The Government has conducted immigration hearings in
secret behind closed doors. Such proceedings were once
open to the public. Hundreds, if not thousands, of immigrants
have already been deported in secret.

4th AMENDMENT FREEDOM FROM UNREASONABLE
SEARCHES &SEIZURES
• Law Enforcement authorities may now conduct secret searches and wiretaps in your home or office
without showing “probable cause.” They need only to claim that intelligence gathering is “a significant
purpose” of their intrusion, even when the primary goal is ordinary law enforcement. They may also
monitor where and to whom you send and receive e-mail, or where you go on the Internet, recording
every e-mail address and website you have been in contact with.
• Law Enforcement may now demand any personal records held by any source including your doctor,
employer, accountant, or library. All they have to do is claim that it is related to an investigation into
“terrorism.” The record keepers may not reveal that your records were provided to the government.
• Judicial oversight of secret searches has been effectively minimized. The Patriot Act directs judges to
consent to secret searches based only on the Government’s assertion that a “significant” purpose of
an investigation is gathering information related to “terrorism,” as the government defines it.

http://www.nyclu.org/pdfs/eroding_liberty.pdf

but all thats old news, you should look up the National Defense Authorization Act signed just this year, by yours truely, obama.... all sugar coded for war on terrorism. But what it boils down to, is Anybody, including american citizens, that are deemed terrorist by the government, can be arrested and prosecuted accordingly, with no right to be heard in court or infront of a judge. This is what im talking about when i say our constitutional rights have become a door mat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Defense_Authorization_Act_for_Fiscal_Year_2012

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/01/02/president-obama-signed-the-national-defense-authorization-act-now-what/

sorry for the long ass rant, but thats why this shits important to me. the world outside my mountains.

thanks for reading, educate yourself.

edit: last quote in previous post had nothing to do with joining the military. lol, i wont either. had to do with being american, upholding your rights so you or your grandchildren can live free and comfortable one day.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 21, 2012, 03:33:10 AM by soupcakes »

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, February 21, 2012, 03:39:57 AM »
umm and rights being lost, its slow, but its sure...

1st AMENDMENT FREEDOM OF SPEECH
• The Patriot Act broadly expands the official definition of
terrorism, so that many domestic groups that engage in
nonviolent civil disobedience could very well find themselves
labeled as terrorists.
• The Government may now prosecute librarians or keepers
of any other records if they reveal that the government
requested information on their clients or members in the
course of an investigation. It has become a crime for these
individuals to try to safeguard your privacy or to tell you
that you are under investigation.

1st AMENDMENT FREEDOM OF ASSOCIATION
• Government agents may now monitor the First Amendment protected
activities of religious and political institutions, and
then infiltrate these groups with no suspicion of criminal
activity. This is a return to domestic spying on law-abiding
religious and political groups.
• You may now be the subject of a government investigation
simply because of the political, activist, or advocacy
groups you are involved in, or the statements you make
within these groups.
1st AMENDMENT RIGHT TO ACCESS
GOVERNMENT INFORMATION
• A U.S. Department of Justice directive actively encourages
federal, state, and local officials to resist and/or limit access
to government records through Freedom of Information Act
(FOIA) requests.
• The Government has conducted immigration hearings in
secret behind closed doors. Such proceedings were once
open to the public. Hundreds, if not thousands, of immigrants
have already been deported in secret.

4th AMENDMENT FREEDOM FROM UNREASONABLE
SEARCHES &SEIZURES
• Law Enforcement authorities may now conduct secret searches and wiretaps in your home or office
without showing “probable cause.” They need only to claim that intelligence gathering is “a significant
purpose” of their intrusion, even when the primary goal is ordinary law enforcement. They may also
monitor where and to whom you send and receive e-mail, or where you go on the Internet, recording
every e-mail address and website you have been in contact with.
• Law Enforcement may now demand any personal records held by any source including your doctor,
employer, accountant, or library. All they have to do is claim that it is related to an investigation into
“terrorism.” The record keepers may not reveal that your records were provided to the government.
• Judicial oversight of secret searches has been effectively minimized. The Patriot Act directs judges to
consent to secret searches based only on the Government’s assertion that a “significant” purpose of
an investigation is gathering information related to “terrorism,” as the government defines it.
I honestly have no problem with any of that. I have nothing to hide. As far as information, anybody else can steal it quite easily. Google has history of my internet search results.

Anybody, including american citizens, that are deemed terrorist by the government, can be arrested and prosecuted accordingly, with no right to be heard in court or infront of a judge.
That sucks. But again though, I'm not active in politics, I don't run any government hate organizations, I have no reason to be targeted. Chances are highly unlikely that someone like me will be picked up by black vans for terrorist activities.

edit: last quote in previous post had nothing to do with joining the military. lol, i wont either. had to do with being american, upholding your rights so you or your grandchildren can live free and comfortable one day.
I know you didn't mention the military at all but to me, it's the same thing. There are those that support it and want to be active in defending it. A lot of people join the military to preserve american rights. Very close together point. I don't bother getting involved in any of it. I'll avoid a semi-long rant on the military for now though.

Offline soupcakes

• no soup for 4 U!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, February 21, 2012, 04:11:55 AM »
wow. once again, i can honestly respect  your views spanky... and understand how its not much concern for you... but i just have to ask, none of that seems wrong to you? Basically no privacy rights? Its all gravy? really? Im not tryin to bash or anything, its just... when i see shit like this, people losing rights, the pit of my stomach turns, my blood pumps a little faster and i stand with my dick in my hand thinkin 'wtf, how could this even happen?'...... guess its just me. I can understand a criminal stealing my information.... but the government? I believe that these stomps on the constitution were predicted long ago, by people like Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Jefferson... that they were trying to warn us, when you give up rights because of 'fear from some boogy man' you lose everything this country was founded on.... and it kinda saddens me that not many people are willing to take a stand for what they believe... simply dont care or lost hope about america's future... as long as i get paid every 2 weeks and pay my bills, the world can do whatever. Guess the values of standing up for what you believe and upholding the American rights got swept under the door mat (...the constitution itself, same door mat)

And skrewy, sad to say, but your probably right... as history proves usually takes a revolution to get any kind of change... Guess I hold onto the optimism that maybe one day it could be changed without violence.

oh and sorry got to bring this up spanky, bugged me a lil.... i know you probably wrote 'cool rocks, i agree with everything on them' lightly/jokingly... but from a serious perspective, if those rules of the rocks went into effect tomorrow, it would be cool? maybe you would be picked to be one of the 500 mil, but what if your brother wasnt fit enough? or your dad wasnt pure enough? and there was somebody who more fit and pure than your mother? and somebody else played God of who lives and who dies, you simply got no choice.... just saying, when you look into it, its a fucked up thought.

thanks again for reading, and also thank you for expressing your views without flame or bash  :)
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 21, 2012, 04:16:03 AM by soupcakes »

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager