Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 2061 times)

bluechill

Introduction
« on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 16:48:07 PM »
Hi, I'm Alex, as some of you already know, some may also know me as bluechill or bloodtiger10.

I am a programmer, 3D modeler, and student among other things.  For programming I know C, C++, Obj-C, C#, PHP, All varieties of html and javascript, so AJAX, JSON, HTML , XHTML, DHTML, javascript.  I also know PHP, Java, Ruby, Perl, Bash/Shell/Sh, Logo, and of course the dreaded BASIC.

Currently I am working on my own operating system and plan to start a massive FPS project which I would like some help with (If you can model, texture models, make textures, code in C++/C or C# then I could use your help).

Anyways, I also was planning on making open aa or man down but didn't have time back then, yes I know some of the people from mAAp.

Now I'm back and am going to have an active participation in this community.

-Delta-

Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 17:00:31 PM »
Welcome to the forums, Alex.  :)

Offline Knight

• Teh Hugeburger
  • Dedicated Poster
  • Human Analog
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/61454245@N05/
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 19:31:40 PM »
Welcome. :D Nice to see new people coming around.
http://s.postquote.us/uKnight.png[/img][/url]
[CleanMe][/url]
[Photography, The least you should know][/url]
http://kodyhungenberg.500px.com[/url]

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 21:27:47 PM »
Hi. I think I di3d when you and Spanky were playing with open AA/Man Down.

Have fun.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 21:38:59 PM »
Yea, I raped his ass all over the map!

It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

-Delta-

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 21:55:42 PM »
That tune goes well with the video, Spanky.  :P

Offline Dialects

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 07:30:07 AM »
Welcome around, Alex.

Hope you enjoy the community.
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

bluechill

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 12:18:21 PM »
Yea, I raped his ass all over the map!

lol that was a NETWORK TEST not open aa multiplayer test big difference ;)

Offline Dialects

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 22:20:57 PM »
Since I am very [...very] dumb, Alexandre XVIII, would you mind explaining how that is of any importance to the outcome of the test? On a slightly less dramatic note; How come are you so knowledge and skilled and yet you are still trying to pick people to help you with your projects and whatnot? It just doesn't add up.
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

bluechill

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, May 20, 2010, 11:23:34 AM »
Since I am very [...very] dumb, Alexandre XVIII, would you mind explaining how that is of any importance to the outcome of the test? On a slightly less dramatic note; How come are you so knowledge and skilled and yet you are still trying to pick people to help you with your projects and whatnot? It just doesn't add up.

1) If your talking to me, the network test was to get network connections working and seeing if they work well.

On the second note, how does it  not add up? What I want to do can't be accomplished with 1 person and several people who've I've gotten to help me have just left the project, so I'm trying to get people who do not leave and actually help a lot.  Does that make sense now?

Offline Dialects

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, May 20, 2010, 12:30:03 PM »
Point 1)  Nate won. You pointed out that you were testing network and not the game engine, instead. Clearly, you were trying to dismiss the fact that you seemed to have been rapped pretty badly at the game. If you did not care about it, you would not have mentioned or counter-argument it in any way, at all. Same logic applies to people who try to fix things who are not broken. Necessity for the sake of visibility, defense for the sake of offense.

Point 2) What you want to do is unclear to me, but I trust it takes more than one man to ever accomplish. You had people willing to lend you their skills. For whatever reason(s), they left and abandoned the project. Since then, you have been looking for people who do not leave (what is the biggest premise withing the act of leaving?) and actually help a lot (are you implying your former companions were not helpful, or is that an attempt to flatter us, somehow?).

Does it make sense now? No. It makes even less sense, if you ask me. Lord Alexander XVIII, may I inquiry your sense of value? You seem to think of yourself so highly, and yet you have no followers nor people willing to work alongside with you. Clearly, there is something not adding up here.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, May 20, 2010, 13:45:25 PM »
Many lulz. I <3 you Dann.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

bluechill

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, May 20, 2010, 17:53:14 PM »
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 20, 2010, 18:33:06 PM by bluechill »

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager