Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Chase Bank  (Read 1084 times)

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Chase Bank
« on: Friday, September 03, 2010, 04:15:55 AM »
So the other day I went into Moscow to get some errands done. One of these was to close my Chase checking account that I hadn't used in months since I moved to US Bank that has a location much closer to where I live. Ever since Chase bought out Washington Mutual, it's been nothing but bullshit. My points:

• The old WaMu website was easy to navigate and had plenty of info about your accounts. The new Chase website sucks and is very basic.
  • WaMu had an excellent rewards system that gave you straight up money every so often based upon what you had spent. Chase gives you a points system that who knows how it works. They recently revised the points so most people now have 1/5 the points they had while reward item points price stays the same. On top of that, I've tried a couple dozen times to get on the points site and redeem them but my Mastercard wasn't recognized on the VISA subdomain for Chase rewards.
  • Back when it was WaMu, the workers at the bank pretty much stayed the same. They were friendly and you could know them by name and you felt like they actually cared. Now with Chase, there seems to be a new group of employees every month or so and all of them give you fake appreciation. None of them actually give a crap, they just appear to care so you give them your money.
  • I went in to close my account and while there was about 6 employees standing around (2 at the counter, 1 manager at his desk, 1 at another desk with a customer, and 2 in the back on a computer chatting about something), with 1 customer that left moments after I arrived, the person behind the counter told me to wait. I stood there while all the employees kept on going, seemingly unaware that I was there. I can understand if they're working on something but shouldn't customers be their first priority? So maybe they have to stay 5 minutes late because they helped a loyal customer.
  • Flat-out lying and disregard. This is how the manager(?) treated me. I told her I wanted to close my account, she asked why and then pretended to care about the reasons I gave her. I didn't bother to go into anything I listed above since it's not her fault and it's not like she'd care anyway. So after a few "uh-huh" and "oh sure" on her part, she began to tell me that I had a "WaMu grandfather" account and that this type of account isn't available anymore. She said it's free everything and that they don't offer several of the features on the account anymore. Since the account meant nothing to me, I told her to go ahead and close it. Mere moments later, she then said that their checking accounts (which is what I was closing) haven't changed at all, this contradicts what she just said about a lot of the services and offers not being available any more.
  • My account was closed, she could obviously see that it's my last account that I had open and that I had both checks and a ATM card on it. I was fully expecting her to at least OFFER to destroy my ATM card and/or checks for security purposes. Not that I would have allowed it since I try to recycle PVC than put it in the landfill, but it's the principal and the carelessness that they show towards their customers. She just said bye. I'm glad I never have to go in there again.

In case anyone locally sees this post, the bank I'm talking about is located at:
1790 W Pullman Rd
Moscow,  ID  83843

I wish I could supply names of various incompetent workers but like I said, employees come and go from that place so quick that it would be hard to pick them out in a lineup.
« Last Edit: Friday, September 03, 2010, 17:29:34 PM by Spanky »
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

S/T

Re: Chase Bank
« Reply #1 on: Friday, September 03, 2010, 12:30:54 PM »
This should be interesting...

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday, September 03, 2010, 16:30:00 PM »
Thats my bank. Except I never visit it because I managed to get everything to work online.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #3 on: Friday, September 03, 2010, 17:29:51 PM »
Updated the original post. I believe I covered everything.

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, September 04, 2010, 00:42:26 AM »
Nice story. I guess your branch just sucks.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, September 04, 2010, 01:14:37 AM »
Nice story. I guess your branch just sucks.

Yup.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager