Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Bunless Chicken Burger  (Read 5619 times)

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Bunless Chicken Burger
« on: Monday, October 04, 2010, 14:52:44 PM »
KFC has it:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/andrew-clark-on-america/2010/may/19/fooddrinks-restaurants

This all-American meal is interesting. I personally think it looks good. I'll probably never eat it since I never get to KFC but I would be willing to try it. I still miss my heart-attack-in-a-bun the double western cheeseburger from Carl's Jr:

Anyway, I think it's a big "no shit" that food like this is leading to issues in America. Sure it's great but we really have to stop and re-think things like this. What are your thoughts?
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Online Alex

Re: Bunless Chicken Burger
« Reply #1 on: Monday, October 04, 2010, 15:01:38 PM »
I feel that if people want to eat unhealthy, let them. It is only themselves they are going to hurt. The average person is educated enough to know what they are eating. What is really fucked up about all of this is that the U.S. government is thinking about trying to control what Americans eat by taxing foods and beverages that they deem "unhealthy." As if the American population is too stupid to understand the concept of unhealthy food. People do not eat unhealthy food because they don''t know it is unhealthy, they eat it because it tastes good.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #2 on: Monday, October 04, 2010, 16:33:59 PM »
As if the American population is too stupid to understand the concept of unhealthy food.

Yea they are too stupid :) I hope unhealthy foods get taxed. I just hope they mark truly unhealthy foods, those including poisonous preservatives, not just the ones loaded with fat.

Skrewy, the burger and chicken sandwich are two different things made by two different fast food joints. I used to enjoy the burger shown above but since I moved there are no Carl's Jr. close by so I've gone without for the last several years.

Online Alex

« Reply #3 on: Monday, October 04, 2010, 16:41:46 PM »
As if the American population is too stupid to understand the concept of unhealthy food.

Yea they are too stupid :) I hope unhealthy foods get taxed. I just hope they mark truly unhealthy foods, those including poisonous preservatives, not just the ones loaded with fat.

I really hope you are joking. While I agree that foods with poisonous  preservatives should be marked and consumers should be warned, taxing foods just because they are fattening would be going against our economic philosophy. Government shouldn't intervene with business unless it is for regulation purposes, aka. keeping everything fair and honest.  The Government shouldn't be able to decide what we eat.
« Last Edit: Monday, October 04, 2010, 16:45:11 PM by KiLLaMaN »

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #4 on: Monday, October 04, 2010, 16:52:48 PM »
I'm not joking. Taxing is the only way that people start paying attention. With all the bullshit and lobbying that goes on, there will never be a label on food warning people about anything potentially hazardous. Example: people are trying to get High Fructose Corn Syrup renamed to Corn Syrup on the ingredients lists so people aren't bothered by it. I see no other option besides taxing.

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Not Cwunk
« Reply #5 on: Monday, October 04, 2010, 16:55:05 PM »
I value my constitutional rights to shitty foods more so than the health of dumbasses who eat them in excess and become ridiculously obese.
Hi I'm Archeh I like too have fun online playing shoot-'em-up video games

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday, October 04, 2010, 16:59:02 PM »
Start taxing people over 230lbs who don't own a fat permit.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #7 on: Monday, October 04, 2010, 17:35:49 PM »
constitutional rights

If there's one thing I could call broken record on, it would be this. But that's another topic.

Today's American's are too lazy to inform themselves about what they intake on a daily basis. People can claim that they're too busy to pay attention then there's the others that want what they want despite the consequences. Both of those types of people need to be taxed.

Online Alex

« Reply #8 on: Monday, October 04, 2010, 18:41:52 PM »
constitutional rights

If there's one thing I could call broken record on, it would be this. But that's another topic.

Today's American's are too lazy to inform themselves about what they intake on a daily basis. People can claim that they're too busy to pay attention then there's the others that want what they want despite the consequences. Both of those types of people need to be taxed.

A tax is one of the worst ways to go about telling people to eat healthy. The information is there for people to read, whether they choose to or not is completely up to them. Do not punish me because someone else does not care about their health. And with all of the health related topics on the news, how can people not know what is healthy and what is not? Taxing food just to get us to eat healthier is against our political philosophy and is unconstitutional above everything else.

I also do not like you using the term "Today's Americans" to justify your statement. Everyone I know knows what food is healthy and what is not. Generalizations don't work and should never be used.
« Last Edit: Monday, October 04, 2010, 18:47:05 PM by KiLLaMaN »

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Not Cwunk
« Reply #9 on: Monday, October 04, 2010, 18:52:41 PM »
Generalizations don't work and should only be used about Mexicans.

Killaman said it, not me.
Hi I'm Archeh I like too have fun online playing shoot-'em-up video games

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #10 on: Monday, October 04, 2010, 19:53:04 PM »
how can people not know what is healthy and what is not?
Look at the today's average American.

unconstitutional
Someone ought to change the record.

I also do not like you using the term "Today's Americans" to justify your statement. Everyone I know knows what food is healthy and what is not. Generalizations don't work and should never be used.
I fixed it above. I hate generalizations too but in this case, it works!

Online Alex

« Reply #11 on: Monday, October 04, 2010, 21:01:20 PM »
how can people not know what is healthy and what is not?
Look at the today's average American.

unconstitutional
Someone ought to change the record.

I fixed it above. I hate generalizations too but in this case, it works!

There is no such thing as an "Average American" The United States of America is made up of many different people, cultures, races, and intelligence levels.
Why is it that I have the feeling that you are just joking around?

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #12 on: Monday, October 04, 2010, 21:20:39 PM »
There is no such thing as an "Average American" The United States of America is made up of many different people, cultures, races, and intelligence levels.
All of which have nothing to do with being informed about consumables. Blame lies in the individual person as well as the FDA and manufacturers.

I'm not joking, I would have given in sooner.

Offline Dialects

« Reply #13 on: Monday, October 04, 2010, 21:56:55 PM »
I feel that if people want to eat unhealthy, let them. It is only themselves they are going to hurt. The average person is educated enough to know what they are eating. What is really fucked up about all of this is that the U.S. government is thinking about trying to control what Americans eat by taxing foods and beverages that they deem "unhealthy." As if the American population is too stupid to understand the concept of unhealthy food. People do not eat unhealthy food because they don''t know it is unhealthy, they eat it because it tastes good.

Using the same logic, on a more sensible and moralistic subject, you may end up with: I feel that if people want to kill out of reason, let them. -- We live in a consequent world. By doing wrong to yourself, you are indirectly causing others to cause wrong as well. By eating fast food, you are contributing to the ever-growing demand for fast food. Between many things, this means more animals will be treated badly and eventually killed, just because the demand is excessively grand --as is the waste.

The average person is educated enough to know...may very well be a wrong pretence of your own. How sure are you that people actually know what is in the food they eat? You may be aware that fast food is unhealthy, however, that does not necessarily mean you know exactly what it is that you are eating, and what the exact consequences will be in your body.

Americans should indeed start taxing food according to their healthy value; "As if the American population is too stupid to understand the concept of unhealthy food." --For someone who is against generalisations, this is rather ironic, if I may. It sounds very much so eclectic to say people eat food because it tastes good. Fallacious. People eat fast food because they can illusively trick their body into feeling "full", they can get their food and eat in a minimal amount of time and pay a reasonable price for the whole meal. This is the demand society put us up with.

(...) they are fattening would be going against our economic philosophy. (...) The Government shouldn't be able to decide what we eat.

1. What is the American's Economic Philosophy? Without explanation or proof that you do know what you are talking about, your argument stands invalid.
2. By taxing fast food and the likes, you won't be told what you can or can not eat. There is no direct power from the Government applied to such a thing, at all. If anything, the inclusion of taxes will have you change your habits and consume less of what you once did and compensate with different food, drinks and so on. To your own advantage, that would mean eating healthier food.

There is such a thing as "Average American". As there is of "Average Portuguese", "Average British", and so on. Different cultures, races and intelligence levels are but conditions and variants of the average, which does not -at any point in time or stage in theoretical conceptualisation- annihilate the consignation of the average as a whole. Compare it to the notion of "Neutral", if you will. There is no such thing as linear neutrality, however the circumstances. It's an established notion to help de-establish what is unknown or unheard of to humanity.

Nate is not joking around with you. He is simply disagreeing with you.   
« Last Edit: Monday, October 04, 2010, 21:59:34 PM by Klaasillu »
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #14 on: Monday, October 04, 2010, 22:03:20 PM »
Normally I would agree with Killaman but Dann has it 100% right this time.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager