Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Anonymous  (Read 12359 times)

Offline Maxbulldog_53

Re: Anonymous
« Reply #45 on: Monday, June 04, 2012, 05:23:54 AM »
They've become and annoyance for sure, but nothing that is threatening at all.

if the government wasnt threatened by them why would they label them as terrorists? Isnt that definition of terrorist? someone that strikes fear into others. If they were just an annoyance wouldnt the government just write them off like they would if it were just 1 person knocking on their door?
I need teepee for my bunghole!

Xfire----maxifymecaptain

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/1696/mouseyo.gif[/img]

Offline Alex

« Reply #46 on: Monday, June 04, 2012, 05:26:35 AM »
if the government wasnt threatened by them why would they label them as terrorists? Isnt that definition of terrorist? someone that strikes fear into others. If they were just an annoyance wouldnt the government just write them off like they would if it were just 1 person knocking on their door?

They labeld them terrorists as a scare tactic. It doesn't matter what they label them, until Anonymous does anything more than disabling a website for a couple of minutes, they will always be a joke when it comes to making a difference.

Offline Maxbulldog_53

« Reply #47 on: Monday, June 04, 2012, 05:27:56 AM »
how do you expect anything to change when you just write off anything that IS trying to make a change as a joke? In my eyes you are the one who has blind hatred for this country because you are not willing to do anything to change it.

Xfire----maxifymecaptain

Offline Alex

« Reply #48 on: Monday, June 04, 2012, 05:28:49 AM »
how do you expect anything to change when you just write off anything that IS trying to make a change as a joke? In my eyes you are the one who has blind hatred for this country because you are not willing to do anything to change it.
And you are? what have you done? If they want to change the country, they should do something more effective. It's as simple as that.

Offline Alex

« Reply #49 on: Monday, June 04, 2012, 05:36:02 AM »
by declaring hacking terriosm they can then invoke the patriot act for surveillance and monitoring the group, the goverment doest fear them, they are giving more power to investigators, and blind patriots hearing they are terriost will support the goverment. just because the goverments stepped up the stakes doesnt mean they fear this group, its more along the lines of the goverment finally taking notice of the group and laughing at the fact they have the power to lable a person a terriost for something as simple as a denial of service attack....

I dont even think the goverment (the us atleast) is overly worried of protests, because 1 in every 5 protester will fuck it up for the rest of them and make the 'movement' a joke. the only way to 'fix' the country is by culling the dickheads fuckwits and killamans
They don't need to label someone a terrorist to use the patriot act.

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Not Cwunk
« Reply #50 on: Monday, June 04, 2012, 05:36:31 AM »
makes it easier to justify it later though
Hi I'm Archeh I like too have fun online playing shoot-'em-up video games

Offline Maxbulldog_53

« Reply #51 on: Monday, June 04, 2012, 05:37:26 AM »
by declaring hacking terriosm they can then invoke the patriot act for surveillance and monitoring the group, the goverment doest fear them, they are giving more power to investigators, and blind patriots hearing they are terriost will support the goverment. just because the goverments stepped up the stakes doesnt mean they fear this group, its more along the lines of the goverment finally taking notice of the group and laughing at the fact they have the power to lable a person a terriost for something as simple as a denial of service attack....

I dont even think the goverment (the us atleast) is overly worried of protests, because 1 in every 5 protester will fuck it up for the rest of them and make the 'movement' a joke. the only way to 'fix' the country is by culling the dickheads fuckwits and killamans

Personally I find this abuse of the patriot act being as anonymous is in no way shape or form "terrorists"

And you are? what have you done? If they want to change the country, they should do something more effective. It's as simple as that.

I personally have done nothing. But I do follow anonymous and as soon as a protest strikes up in my area you bet your bottom dollar ill be there. Again they are starting up protests and are a huge part of the occupy movement. Im definitely repeating myself here. You should do more research before you make claims about something you clearly dont know much about.

Xfire----maxifymecaptain

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #52 on: Monday, June 04, 2012, 12:49:31 PM »
It's useless, they're useless.

It would be cool to see proof that they've actually done anything, until then, they're a waste of time and a joke.
« Last Edit: Monday, June 04, 2012, 12:52:15 PM by Spanky »
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Maxbulldog_53

« Reply #53 on: Monday, June 04, 2012, 13:22:52 PM »
It would be cool to see proof that they've actually done anything, until then, they're a waste of time and a joke.

All the protests world wide that have happend because of them? The CEO of HBGary resigning because of all the emails they released? They are making headway and only getting stronger

Xfire----maxifymecaptain

Offline ZakuAce

• Needs moar ROE
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: Monday, June 04, 2012, 15:18:01 PM »
Hurrr we are legion hurr we are internet heroes

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #55 on: Monday, June 04, 2012, 15:47:02 PM »
All the protests world wide that have happend because of them? The CEO of HBGary resigning because of all the emails they released? They are making headway and only getting stronger

Is there a written statement or video of his resignation saying that it was directly influenced by Anonymous? Perhaps he resigned to retire? Protests can't be proof because they're chaotic and you can't measure the effectiveness, plus how can you know what actually starts them unless you are a part of them from the planning stages?

Offline Maxbulldog_53

« Reply #56 on: Monday, June 04, 2012, 20:19:13 PM »
Well if you know the thing about anonymous is they all wear the vendetta mask. If you watch videos of these protests everyone in the protest is wearing the vendetta mask. Coincidence? I dont think so. As for the CEO yes he resign directly because of a scandal caused by the release of thousands of emails by anon. Here's a link:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/03/02/951558/-HBGary-CEO-resigns-in-wake-of-ChamberLeaks-scandal-House-Dems-want-investigation

Xfire----maxifymecaptain

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #57 on: Monday, June 04, 2012, 20:33:39 PM »
Aaron Barr's departure as CEO of HBGary Federal represented the latest twist for the company

I didn't see anything where his resignation was directly caused by Anonymous. I don't particularly understand the hate towards the company either, I've not heard of them before.

Offline Maxbulldog_53

« Reply #58 on: Monday, June 04, 2012, 20:43:45 PM »
They are a security firm. Their job is to keep all of the bad corrupt stuff on government computers safe. The emails that were released brought on a federal investigation of the company and here's a quote released by aaron barr himself:

The chief executive at data security firm HBGary Federal has resigned his job following a high-profile hack staged by online protest group “Anonymous.”

Aaron Barr, the embattled CEO, made the disclosure yesterday speaking to ThreatPost, an online security blog.

“I need to focus on taking care of my family and rebuilding my reputation,” he reportedly said. “It’s been a challenge to do that and run a company. And, given that I’ve been the focus of much of the bad press, I hope that, by leaving, HBGary and HBGary Federal can get away from some of that. I’m confident they’ll be able to weather this storm.”

Source: Raw Story (http://s.tt/1d7YY)

pretty self explanatory if you ask me.

Xfire----maxifymecaptain

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #59 on: Monday, June 04, 2012, 20:47:18 PM »
So Anonymous indirectly creates one of the three reasons for him to resign. Now, what does that do? All the corruption and bad things from the company are completely gone?

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager