Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: [AA3]Shantytown  (Read 1813 times)

Offline JunK

[AA3]Shantytown
« on: Thursday, May 01, 2014, 14:42:01 PM »
Hey everyone,

I was scrimming today 3vs3 on the Map [AA3]Shantytown. At the first look of the map it look a very awesome map. It looks like a remake of Urban Assault only in a Favela and raining, but after playing around the map haves a lot of FPS drops.  :cry:

In my opinion if this map could be renovaded to an AA2 with higher FPS it could be a really nice, fast map. What do you guys think about that map?

Offline bollie

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: [AA3]Shantytown
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, May 01, 2014, 14:47:18 PM »
Im bad... i never heared of that map   :oops:

Offline Alex

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, May 01, 2014, 14:50:15 PM »
I think the bad FPS is due to the rain emitters. I get awful FPS on Shantytown even on my gaming PC.

Offline JunK

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, May 01, 2014, 16:15:24 PM »
I think the bad FPS is due to the rain emitters. I get awful FPS on Shantytown even on my gaming PC.

IT could be, I have also FPS drops on that small CoD 4 map... I forgot the name but there is also raining...

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, May 01, 2014, 16:46:58 PM »
You guys just can't handle my epic rain.

Maybe lower the number of particles? (though it won't be realistic with the sound)
Don't remove it, that would make the map a boring sound camper haven. The emitters should be set to quality so if you choose low quality world settings, they should disappear.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Alex

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, May 01, 2014, 17:50:55 PM »

Maybe lower the number of particles? (though it won't be realistic with the sound)
Don't remove it, that would make the map a boring sound camper haven. The emitters should be set to quality so if you choose low quality world settings, they should disappear.
I don't like that idea. I don't want to have to set the world quality to low just to play the map. Why not just change it to a xweatherEffects? Sure it'll look crappy, but I'll take crappy looking over unplayable. If a Phenom II @3.66 GHz and a 7950 (which is way overkill for this game) can't run this map, there's a problem.
There's a brick wall for what the engine can do on modern hardware. Even with great hardware, the engine is holding people back from decent FPS.
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 01, 2014, 17:59:41 PM by KiLLaMaN »

Offline JunK

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, May 01, 2014, 18:31:32 PM »

not possible to make some more wind? like on Dockside?

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager