Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: TRACK Back modded server?  (Read 12971 times)

Offline noobslayer

Re: TRACK Back modded server?
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, September 17, 2013, 02:32:52 AM »
Oh hell here we go again about mods hahaha !!!! said it before and i say it again......If you dont like modded servers then dont play them. PERIOD,,,,,,  Nobody is twisting your arm telling you that you have to play on a modded server. Modded servers are way better then normal and yall know it,, the stats dont lie. Ppl were getting mad because everyone was playing modded servers and not playing on there normal servers !!!! so they come to assist to do what ( bitch and moan about it ) till they took the honor and trackor off of them. I really dont see the big deal about it,, like renegade said, there is a server list !!! very easy to pick a non-modded server to play on. Sorry to piss anyone off but thats the way it is and I will speak my peace...
The thing is that there were almost no normal server, I only remember classic server bridge and the farm server on UA thats it. All those servers used mods and 82nd was fulleveryday youre right, but no oldschool players liked it and im happy that pick a wep is gone.. btw you can still make your 82nd pipe server with pick a wep, it just wont be tracked

Everybody, one day will die, and be forgetten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun, fuck a mundane predictable life working monday to friday with something you derive no pleasure from; just living life out till you grow old and wither away. Find a passion, form relationships, dont be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks, trust me its alot more fun that way.

Dont ever pay people out or put people down. Instead just put yourself up and let the haters do their thing. Id rather be a person thats hated on, than a person that does the hating. A wise man one said...

Offline Mixk

« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, September 17, 2013, 04:08:35 AM »
The thing is that there were almost no normal server, I only remember classic server bridge and the farm server on UA thats it. All those servers used mods and 82nd was fulleveryday youre right, but no oldschool players liked it and im happy that pick a wep is gone.. btw you can still make your 82nd pipe server with pick a wep, it just wont be tracked
We had four servers ourselves and three were normal weapons and only the one pipeline server was modded. People chose to play the modded server over 95% of the time. And yes we could use pick a weapon but why would we? Because as I stated before people were forced to go to normal weapon servers if they wanted to be tracked and gain honor. And as insignificant as it is people want to see those things now. If I remember correctly we never had honor in the beginning and we had plenty of fun but now it's there and people enjoy seeing it increase so they go where they can get it.
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Offline Clown.!Ng

« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, September 17, 2013, 05:12:37 AM »
Without reading 5 pages all I have to say is I support bringing back moded servers & track it..just look at the stats now..in the higest pick we get 120-130 online players..and back long ago when moded & oldschool servers were online we had like 200-250 online players.
I think we should bring the tracking to moded servers..if people prefer normal,they can play on normal servers.

Rest In Peace Koen

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, September 17, 2013, 05:38:34 AM »
Without reading 5 pages all I have to say is I support bringing back moded servers & track it..just look at the stats now..in the higest pick we get 120-130 online players..and back long ago when moded & oldschool servers were online we had like 200-250 online players.
I think we should bring the tracking to moded servers..if people prefer normal,they can play on normal servers.

+1
but without the possibility to change the honor count with a mod.

Offline HellFire

« Reply #64 on: Tuesday, September 17, 2013, 12:38:19 PM »

You can't really compare previous stats with recents ones as the number of players has dropped drastically since assist's downtime.
I remember when honor was removed from modded servers, the number of online players was much higher and it felt like AA was being played properly again with the actual weapons which were meant for each map, instead of every new player typing 'mod sf' when joining a server.
Honor was removed from modded servers because the vast majority of players prefer the original way of playing AA, it has a far greater quality of gameplay and players over the days of modded servers when it would be filled with immature :censored: rage quiting :banned: buttwipes :down: lol

Offline woopty

« Reply #65 on: Tuesday, September 17, 2013, 13:34:32 PM »
Dude cmon assits wasnt down that long hahaha .. Pfff you cant tell me that,,that many ppl left because assist was down. Alot of ppl left when honor and tracking was taken away from modded servers,, thats why they left..As far as i see the vast majority of the dedicated players are still here and isnt going anywere anytime soon. My gosh why is it so hard to understand ???? I dont get it.. I will say it again. IF YOU DONT LIKE TO PLAY MODDED SERVERS THEN DONT JOIN THEM,, GO PLAY NORMAL... I support the bringing back of modded servers and being tracked and with honor. We shouldnt be punished just because as you say (and i am) " old school " players.. dont like them,, Been pwning almost 10 yrs now. Yes some old school dont like it but hey like i said dont join modded servers if you dont wanna play.

Ps : Like renegade said we had 4 servers up,,, 3 normal other than the rotating map,,,, and everyone chose modded.....
How ironic. I say have another vote and see what happens  !!!!! HOOAH !!!!!
Either way im playin AA rather it be 2.5,, 3... or 4.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, September 17, 2013, 13:54:25 PM by woopty »

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #66 on: Tuesday, September 17, 2013, 13:44:22 PM »
I haven't been keeping up to date on this but I just have to say 1 thing;

Is it cause or effect? When modded servers were allowed, there was no training either. Did that draw in the wrong kind of players and thus the vast majority liked the modded servers?
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline woopty

« Reply #67 on: Tuesday, September 17, 2013, 14:38:09 PM »
I think it would be a good idea to keep the training because that helps out on ppl making multiple accounts. Not really sure if it drew the wrong crowd because there are many still playing even without mods,, but there is less players,,I would bet that anyday,, you can see that daily and nightly.... The thing is and i belive that there was more players when there was mods when they were tracked and honored. I mean as far as modding the server with  gravity and speed etc !!! now that would be a no no.. But hey if you want sf,vss,m9, etc then so be it pick it.. How is that hurting anyone ??? It isnt !!!! period point blank. ,, I know there was a vote about this and there wasnt that many ppl that voted because half the players dont even come to assist unless they have to. Then you got the regulars like me and others that come on just to keep up with things.. But whos to say that players didnt make multiple accounts just to get them taken away..Theres no way to tell . Now that we sorta have a grip on things,,, I would say give it another shot for like couple weeks or maybe a month to see were it goes..If it draws more players !! cool,, thats what were after anyways..Really i thought that was cool myself when the mods were there,, because i could choose play modded or not.. I just dont see the harm in it at all to have them,,

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Tuesday, September 17, 2013, 15:41:32 PM »
Omg people really that worried about stupid frag rate that they want modded servers tracked, get over it already, keep it the way it has been

Offline Mixk

« Reply #69 on: Tuesday, September 17, 2013, 20:49:29 PM »

Is it cause or effect? When modded servers were allowed, there was no training either. Did that draw in the wrong kind of players and thus the vast majority liked the modded servers?
I believe that the attraction wasn't due to no training but more in the way people were given the choice and ability to try different weapons. Most of our bad element or wrong kind of players were seasoned players who chose to be buttheads and mods or not they still act the same. And of course I too definitely believe training should be required. Also to clarify by modded server I am speaking of weapon selection only and then only weapons that you could encounter on that map, say m4,sf,ak,rpk,ar,r on pipeline without at4 or rpg. There wouldn't be much left to secure if an oil pumping station has been blown to hell with rockets. Also no to all slots open as that is a direct disadvantage and don't change players gravity or speed as those are unrealistic.
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Offline dtruesdale

« Reply #70 on: Wednesday, September 18, 2013, 01:29:05 AM »

That is where I said training should matter and weapon should matter. If yu qualify for a weapon, even in RL you are gonna take what you are comfortable with and what will compliment your teammates.

Offline Clown.!Ng

« Reply #71 on: Wednesday, September 18, 2013, 07:20:17 AM »
Omg people really that worried about stupid frag rate that they want modded servers tracked, get over it already, keep it the way it has been
FRAGRATE?..due who cares about it the whole community is only 100 people.
btw I want the ultimate mod back just for the admin abilits.. such as balance,warn,remove nades etc.
with ulti mod you have many options of controling your server..IDC about choice your weapon/random honestly..I just want the mutate commands back.

Rest In Peace Koen

Offline HANG_JEBAT

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: Wednesday, September 18, 2013, 09:10:08 AM »
As i see more of players support & wanna mods back... :D

Offline noobslayer

« Reply #73 on: Wednesday, September 18, 2013, 09:38:32 AM »
For me it would be ok to have SF servers tracked, but shit like pick a weapon isn't worth it

Everybody, one day will die, and be forgetten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun, fuck a mundane predictable life working monday to friday with something you derive no pleasure from; just living life out till you grow old and wither away. Find a passion, form relationships, dont be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks, trust me its alot more fun that way.

Dont ever pay people out or put people down. Instead just put yourself up and let the haters do their thing. Id rather be a person thats hated on, than a person that does the hating. A wise man one said...

Offline noobslayer

« Reply #74 on: Wednesday, September 18, 2013, 09:39:28 AM »
For me it would be ok to have SF servers tracked, but shit like pick a weapon isn't worth it
But I know what's gonna happen then, SF servers only.....

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager