Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: TRACK Back modded server?  (Read 12975 times)

Offline Mixk

Re: TRACK Back modded server?
« Reply #45 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 04:36:44 AM »
Numbers of players went down not up since the removal of tracking the mod servers. We had a server full almost 24 hours a day when mods were tracked. People have a choice to join which ever server they choose and they chose to play modded. All this belly aching about mods ruining the game is bs. If they were why weren't people going and playing on a standard weapon server and taking the players away from the modded severs? The players were pushed to play normal weapon servers by taking honor and tracking away from modded servers plain and simple. Hell my frag went up when took mods away but I still rather have a choice. As far as what mods should be allowed, I think it should consist of map specific. For instance I don't believe you would have soldiers loaded down with rpgs or spamming 250 grenades in a oil pumping station? I can see sf weapons and the enemy weapons allowed. 
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Offline Rob_LD

« Reply #46 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 04:57:28 AM »
Numbers of players went down not up since the removal of tracking the mod servers.
I don't think so.
I vaguely remember spanky had posted some stats after tracking of modded servers was removed.
It was an increase from ~120 to ~180 people playing in the evening.

Offline Mixk

« Reply #47 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 05:20:43 AM »
Say what you will but all a person has to do is look at the server list and see that there is less people playing. I am on and off of here at all hours of the day because of disability and that is what I see. Currently there is a total of seven people on two German servers. Five of which are on a modded server. And its 11:20 am there.
« Last Edit: Monday, September 16, 2013, 05:23:58 AM by Mixk »
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Offline noobslayer

« Reply #48 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 05:23:18 AM »
Say what you will but all a person has to do is look at the server list and see that there is less people playing. I am on and off of here at all hours of the day because of disability and that is what I see. Currently there is a total of seven people on two German servers playing and its 11:20 am there.

Exactly, it's monday people have work/school and other shit to do

Everybody, one day will die, and be forgetten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun, fuck a mundane predictable life working monday to friday with something you derive no pleasure from; just living life out till you grow old and wither away. Find a passion, form relationships, dont be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks, trust me its alot more fun that way.

Dont ever pay people out or put people down. Instead just put yourself up and let the haters do their thing. Id rather be a person thats hated on, than a person that does the hating. A wise man one said...

Offline Rob_LD

« Reply #49 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 05:30:25 AM »
Say what you will but all a person has to do is look at the server list and see that there is less people playing.

This has nothing to do with tracked or not.
The reason why there are no more players anymore is:

2.5 Assist is a hack

The deathblow...

Offline Saltuarius

« Reply #50 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 05:38:26 AM »
the numbers are quiet high for the intermezzo we had. with mods tracked, u would destroy stats of over 10y army-history, because they're worthless then. u cannot compare normal stats to modded stats. stats are still for a lot of ppl the main reason to play. if u destroy it, u cannot expect that lots of veterans would come back to the game, if they dont like aa4 for example. for aa2 the only way to regain numbers are veterans. the aim of this project must be to make it attractive for them...

Offline HANG_JEBAT

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 06:06:03 AM »
the numbers are quiet high for the intermezzo we had. with mods tracked, u would destroy stats of over 10y army-history, because they're worthless then. u cannot compare normal stats to modded stats. stats are still for a lot of ppl the main reason to play. if u destroy it, u cannot expect that lots of veterans would come back to the game, if they dont like aa4 for example. for aa2 the only way to regain numbers are veterans. the aim of this project must be to make it attractive for them...

I though main reason is keeping AA alive?. I'm sure new players like the advance weapon, where the had a chance to shot enemy than get owned by experienced players. As always people says, they had choice modded or normal. It;s will be better if admin can edit or resemble weapon for modded server. I'm AA veterans, i m back but i'm not a normal weapon lover.  ;)

If someone wonder what my old AA, u can check it. - POJ -
« Last Edit: Monday, September 16, 2013, 06:09:57 AM by HANG_JEBAT »

Offline Ganja

« Reply #52 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 06:14:40 AM »
I though main reason is keeping AA alive?

Yes, by bringing back old players and attracting new players.
But I don't think it's a good idea to attract them with mods. There are enough popular games outside like BF or COD if they want faster modern gameplay. The gameplay of AA is unique, that's how we should attract people.

Offline HANG_JEBAT

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 06:25:14 AM »
Yes, by bringing back old players and attracting new players.
But I don't think it's a good idea to attract them with mods. There are enough popular games outside like BF or COD if they want faster modern gameplay. The gameplay of AA is unique, that's how we should attract people.

Agreed with u about this. I'm start play on normal mod. But from time i start love modded (not extreme mods). Keep telling people or post it some where, it will reach them someday normal or mods fan. I just found out about aa2.5 by youtube. What a coincidence..  ;)

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #54 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 14:42:29 PM »
This is the best in game!!!
What this game makes so unique is the personal contact between the clan and gamers,and the game play in the map.
If the gamer feels this game is what i like than they get family feeling, you can start you building on a friendship and i can tell you i have great guy s in my clan that i know for years now.
We have old players that come also very muts to our clan becose they trust us. they know we are clean and we respect them and the game.
We help the new guy `s if we can how to play the game. 
How much honor is that worth. for a this little game community.

Ther is no real good system for honest honor !>>
1-Your PING is must better than mine. i can t shoot you, you so fast.
2-They have teamspeak they shot me constantly.
3- he Has a big computer windows 10 all in one super screen , > aganst a guy who plays whit windows 3.1 and a black and white screen.
What do you mean whit  HONOR  !!!?????

Talking from high out of the tree ,you must play as we say so becose WE THINK SO!  comon its 2013 gif the player what they ask for if you like normal gameplay GO   if you like it   GO its your choice! .
And if you like modded hooah we have them to GO for it .

The most players play the game becose they like it , If they don t like it they try to find summthing els.

I think Assist must stand above this all  and must open ther way of thinking that everybuddy hase to find his plays in assist.  Mods and good old regular game play.

Till now I don t think assist is good for us that’s way this message I try hard in a decent way to led understand assist. Maybe this letter will bring you to a adder mentality.

Didden`t feel good agan. I wait for change in admin setting assist.
And to end whit the  the subject KILL the Cheats in popup THX that was my core bussiness

Offline Ganja

« Reply #55 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 14:46:58 PM »

How much honor is that worth. for a this little game community.

Ther is no real good system for honest honor !>>

What do you mean whit  HONOR  !!!?????

Even if your post seems exessive, i have to admit tracker is already fucked up, so your point would be, why not fuck it up more? :D

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 14:59:26 PM »
Why is it so hard to get rid of tracker once and for all, do we really need it in order to play a game that's meant only to have fun ?????????

Offline woopty

« Reply #57 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 19:33:05 PM »
Oh hell here we go again about mods hahaha !!!! said it before and i say it again......If you dont like modded servers then dont play them. PERIOD,,,,,,  Nobody is twisting your arm telling you that you have to play on a modded server. Modded servers are way better then normal and yall know it,, the stats dont lie. Ppl were getting mad because everyone was playing modded servers and not playing on there normal servers !!!! so they come to assist to do what ( bitch and moan about it ) till they took the honor and trackor off of them. I really dont see the big deal about it,, like renegade said, there is a server list !!! very easy to pick a non-modded server to play on. Sorry to piss anyone off but thats the way it is and I will speak my peace...

Offline HANG_JEBAT

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 21:16:59 PM »

I can see when players join an empty server, others will join. Mods or normal, needs someone to start it.

Offline woopty

« Reply #59 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 21:49:20 PM »
I dont know man,,, The point is that our server ( 82nd ) stayed full 24/7 ) rather it be day / night,,,, it was always stacked,,, It just dont make no sence at all. I mean think about it,, really if modded is what you desire then play modded,,,,if normal is your thing then play normal,, its not rocket science,, its just the choice ppl make,, but yes you need someone to start it rather it be mod or normal. There was a vote on this discussion but you never know,, hell ppl coulda made multiple accounts just to get the modded servers untracked and no honor. It is what it is i guess. I play aa 2.5, aa 3, and aa 4 so !!!!!! I dont know i just like the smaller community of assist and the ppl.. So like i said it is what it is. !!!!! HOOAH !!!!! See yall on the battlefield.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager