Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: TRACK Back modded server?  (Read 13080 times)

Offline Mike Mentzer

• don't change old maps!! Give noobs not a chance!!!
    • View Profile
Re: TRACK Back modded server?
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 17:54:45 PM »
SF-Mod, Pick-a-weapon and addnade might be allowed but you're asking too much to have respawn and low gravity.

I would like to see pick-a-weapon disassembled and rebuilt to only allow some weapons chosen. It should have modes like sniper, machine gun and rifle so people don't pick RPG vs M9.

no no no bs every CHEAT-MOD changes the gameplay to be uneven for each other and they want yet points for what? fun wtf is so funny?.....a good laught is wen the devs give you points/stats for ya cheating noobs.

if so....than I start a poll to shut down this dam battletracker KIA counter to make the game really funny even with the useless IF without scope weapon-slot on sf hospital.
Nice some Ass licking around   ((_) :censored: D :P (_o_) :P

Offline HANG_JEBAT

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 00:07:07 AM »
As far i know this is  community project, some of this community like modded server, some not... Community leader should listen for community demands & make a fair decision. 

Funny thing is, the community did speak out against Modded Servers being Tracked,. The servers that where modded could have been denied completely ingame, but the they was kept as part of the gameplay, just untracked
« Last Edit: Monday, September 16, 2013, 00:41:44 AM by Rapture »

Offline dtruesdale

« Reply #32 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 00:29:36 AM »
What cheat mod u talking about?. This weapon is allowed in this game,  AA dev allowed it before, even though it was using more extreme than i request?.

U just scared & not happy if Modded server will be populate. As a old school, u don't have a place to play. I bet u don't even care about the modded server, if there 1000 players online on server as u read this because u know u have a slots to play. I hope u know how we feel when modded server are empty, there are some fan of it who like it very much. I hope u got my point when i post this topic.

As far i know this is  community project, some of this community like modded server, some not... Community leader should listen for community demands & make a fair decision.  As people on this community we should think of each others benefits. I was read some of the previous post, Only Vanoke the only guy i see defending his needs, the others left this forum & some has to agreed to disagreed.

Do u guys see any 10 years old game around still full populated?. This game is on 'Survival phase'. We dont live in a neighbourhood only same skins color. There are some other skins color too.. that's we called it, community. Deal with it..

Ok do you think your hate and anger get you somewhere? You know sometimes asking and being reasonable will get you what your asking for. Being belligerent and ignorant, saying stupid things like you are only cause this convo to go one way and it's not even in your favour. Next time before you type think about what you want and then type it out like your talking to yourself and trying to convince yourself it is a good thing. Cause right now your a 13yr old trying to strong arm someone who holds the keys to the gate your trying to get through and they are built like a brick shithouse.

Offline HANG_JEBAT

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 00:36:16 AM »
Ok do you think your hate and anger get you somewhere? You know sometimes asking and being reasonable will get you what your asking for. Being belligerent and ignorant, saying stupid things like you are only cause this convo to go one way and it's not even in your favour. Next time before you type think about what you want and then type it out like your talking to yourself and trying to convince yourself it is a good thing. Cause right now your a 13yr old trying to strong arm someone who holds the keys to the gate your trying to get through and they are built like a brick shithouse.

I was replying to Mike. i quote his post. Thanks.

Offline 82nd_DXO_COL=Shad

« Reply #34 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 00:43:04 AM »
I'll state the reason we ran pickaweap on Pipeline - It was because people liked it and were tired of the same old pipeline.  It provided more of a challenge to experienced players.  Noobs were getting pwned, but experienced players were finding ways and teamwork to get around the vent rpg rats, the defense campers, and such.  We were seeing some really innovative teamwork happening and adjustment to tactics when multiple weapons were introduced.  Were mods abused by frag whores?  Of course.  And possibly it was a good idea to turn off tracking to prevent abuse of the honor scoring system.  Player visits are down since it was turned off, and nobody visited the 'unauth' modded server.  That tells me people are bored with the standard gameplay, but don't want to give up honor scoring either, and that possibly the "Are you sure you want to connect to a cheat server" message drove them off (which, I think is what Vanoke was talking about).  So I don't know what to think about it, but don't take the step of taking modded servers completely off of the browser list, and take the 'cheat' designation off of the affirmation to connect to them unless cheatmode is turned on.  But I guess since Jonny isn't around to modify the VB interface, it's kind of useless to argue about that.
« Last Edit: Monday, September 16, 2013, 00:46:09 AM by 82nd_DXO_COL=Shad »

Offline 82nd_DXO_COL=Shad

« Reply #35 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 00:45:14 AM »
SF-Mod, Pick-a-weapon and addnade might be allowed but you're asking too much to have respawn and low gravity.

I would like to see pick-a-weapon disassembled and rebuilt to only allow some weapons chosen. It should have modes like sniper, machine gun and rifle so people don't pick RPG vs M9.

I have the code to weaponpicker.u  ....

Offline dtruesdale

« Reply #36 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 01:11:20 AM »
I see nothing wrong with a pick your weapon mod as long as your qualified for the weapon, meaning they finished the training. It would only be fair that way. Meaning you can only choose a weapon up to your training lvl.

Offline HANG_JEBAT

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 01:20:17 AM »
I see nothing wrong with a pick your weapon mod as long as your qualified for the weapon, meaning they finished the training. It would only be fair that way. Meaning you can only choose a weapon up to your training lvl.

Agreed... i will complete my training again if i had too.

Offline noobslayer

« Reply #38 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 02:32:39 AM »
Pick a wep is horrible, especially on pipeline. People take rpg or gp and camp the whole round, as assault you open a door and a rocket blows your face off. I really didnt like that

Everybody, one day will die, and be forgetten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun, fuck a mundane predictable life working monday to friday with something you derive no pleasure from; just living life out till you grow old and wither away. Find a passion, form relationships, dont be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks, trust me its alot more fun that way.

Dont ever pay people out or put people down. Instead just put yourself up and let the haters do their thing. Id rather be a person thats hated on, than a person that does the hating. A wise man one said...

Offline dtruesdale

« Reply #39 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 02:44:39 AM »
Pick a wep is horrible, especially on pipeline. People take rpg or gp and camp the whole round, as assault you open a door and a rocket blows your face off. I really didnt like that

Is there any way to limit the weapons allowed on the map? Or types......

Offline Ganja

« Reply #40 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 03:13:30 AM »
It provided more of a challenge to experienced players.  Noobs were getting pwned, but experienced players were finding ways and teamwork to get around the vent rpg rats, the defense campers, and such.  We were seeing some really innovative teamwork happening and adjustment to tactics when multiple weapons were introduced.

Good point. But sometimes the experienced players go on defence and want to have some bad-ass camping too, and then, assault has no chance to surive, with 203 coming from Main, North, Vent, South, Tunnels ...

I remember, when defence had some average players in it, assault just got raped outside ...

Offline Rob_LD

« Reply #41 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 03:18:21 AM »
I don't see why mod-rounds should be tracked.
They can not even compared to regular ones cause the Gameplay is so much different.

How do you want to compare a kill made with iron-sights on long range to an M203 explosion?

Offline Ganja

« Reply #42 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 03:24:43 AM »
How do you want to compare a kill made with iron-sights on long range to an M203 explosion?

How can you compare a kill made by a vip, with this shitty gun, with a kill with SF ...
Nothing new about that ;)

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #43 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 03:27:41 AM »
How can you compare a kill made by a vip, with this shitty gun, with a kill with SF ...
Nothing new about that ;)
aks-74u >>>>>> m4a1 sopmod
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline HellFire

« Reply #44 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 03:40:09 AM »
Oh dear, this post is starting to worry me  :cry:

If people want to play on modded servers for fun then why does it need to be tracked?

I always see both normal and modded servers with players in so it shows people will still play without it being tracked, when people get bored of normal weapons or want to mess around with silly guns they join one of the modded servers for a bit, get it out their system and then go back to playing with normal weapons again  :style:

Like Spanky said, when mods were tracked they were everywhere and it took over the game, I feel at the moment it is at a happy medium with both servers being played  :)

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager