Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Servers on VPS  (Read 4592 times)

Offline tcsgenphoenix

Servers on VPS
« on: Friday, January 04, 2013, 03:38:12 AM »
hey guys, i'm an AA 2.5 gamer from the good old days, and just found out recently that the game was back up. I'm in the process of getting an old clan back together under a new name, but having some issues with the Dedicated Server side.

Several people have asked me to mod my server, which I don't mind doing. However, I'm running a VPS on Debian and having trouble figuring out how to inject. Just about everything I have looked up says its possible, but noone seems to have a clear tutorial or explaination on injecting the mods on a linux OS for a VPS. Anyone got any ideas what needs to be done?

Thanks,
Paul
www.tcs-clan.com

Offline iCaz

Re: Servers on VPS
« Reply #1 on: Friday, January 04, 2013, 03:43:15 AM »
O please don't mod your server!

Offline tcsgenphoenix

« Reply #2 on: Friday, January 04, 2013, 03:45:43 AM »
Really the only mod I am considering is the WeaponPicker. That's only for the free-for-all server I'm running. The dedicated server isn't going to be. That one will be only for real genuine AA players who like it the way it was meant to be.

But honestly, the mod server is just something for others to have fun on.

Offline iCaz

« Reply #3 on: Friday, January 04, 2013, 05:21:17 AM »
Its ok man, its your server ;) I honestly have no answer to your question, sorry

Offline krIz+

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday, January 04, 2013, 11:34:35 AM »
its a faith, dont mod it

Offline soupcakes

• no soup for 4 U!
    • View Profile
  • AA: soul
« Reply #5 on: Friday, January 04, 2013, 12:10:15 PM »
if theres one thing aao needs, its more modded servers
You gotta have a nuclear soul
To melt down all your sorrowful load
And you gotta have a mercury soul
To weigh down any glimmer of gold

Offline Ganja

« Reply #6 on: Friday, January 04, 2013, 12:12:17 PM »
if theres one thing aao needs, its more modded servers

:D

Offline [-PB-]Punisher

« Reply #7 on: Friday, January 04, 2013, 13:04:47 PM »
should be very much same than in windows. copy&replace files what is needed and so on.
Banned? Your brother, friend, dog using your account excuse won't work!![/color]

http://www.game42.com/images/game42_sigu.jpg[/img][/url]

Offline tcsgenphoenix

« Reply #8 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 04:44:32 AM »
should be very much same than in windows. copy&replace files what is needed and so on.

That's exactly what I did, including adding the ServerActors info and etc. to the server.ini but it still won't load either mod. Is there some step I've missed?

The steps provided in the readme's were exactly the same:

1: copy to System folder
2: Add specific value to specific areas inside Server.ini
3: Start server and enjoy mods.

But when I start the server up, mods aren't even recognized as legitimate commands.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #9 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 07:37:10 AM »
you should install the right version for 2.5

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #10 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 07:55:19 AM »
That's exactly what I did, including adding the ServerActors info and etc. to the server.ini but it still won't load either mod. Is there some step I've missed?

The steps provided in the readme's were exactly the same:

1: copy to System folder
2: Add specific value to specific areas inside Server.ini
3: Start server and enjoy mods.

But when I start the server up, mods aren't even recognized as legitimate commands.

You shouldn't be editing Server.ini, if you are runnsing 25Assist Dedicated server, that file isn't used.

Edit this one:
server\aa25srv.ini

http://aao25.com/general-server-discussions/links-to-dedicated-server-dowload-and-readme's/

Offline tcsgenphoenix

« Reply #11 on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 06:15:46 AM »
You shouldn't be editing Server.ini, if you are runnsing 25Assist Dedicated server, that file isn't used.

Edit this one:
server\aa25srv.ini

http://aao25.com/general-server-discussions/links-to-dedicated-server-dowload-and-readme's/

That's the file I've been editing. It ain't making Any effect. I've been having to use either forceclass by admin or execute one of the text files to mod the server.

you should install the right version for 2.5

Um... What grade in school did you graduate from? I've been playing AA since it was older than 2.5. There's only one version of 2.5 available for download that works 100% correctly with Assist, and that's the version Assist Auto-downloads and installs for you. Wake up and smell the coffee... Only one version that works properly. Oh, wait... That's version 2.5... DUH. Go away idiot.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #12 on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 07:24:11 AM »
Um... What grade in school did you graduate from? I've been playing AA since it was older than 2.5. There's only one version of 2.5 available for download that works 100% correctly with Assist, and that's the version Assist Auto-downloads and installs for you. Wake up and smell the coffee... Only one version that works properly. Oh, wait... That's version 2.5... DUH. Go away idiot.
If you read his comment thoroughly, you'll see he didn't tell you to install the right version OF 2.5, but the right version FOR 2.5. What  this means is that he thinks you might not have the right version of the mod (the one that works with 2.5).
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline 82ndH2PVTFoenyx

« Reply #13 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 18:47:27 PM »
Oh okay, I was reading through this and it didn't make any sense, especially from tcs. I was having the same problem, and mine was doing it where it would delete the added .u file or whatever it is. I downloaded my mods from www.aamods.com and none of them work. Is there somewhere else I should be downloading from?

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #14 on: Friday, March 22, 2013, 03:59:34 AM »
i will post you the way to do at the weekend. but first i have to take a coffee  :D
« Last Edit: Friday, March 22, 2013, 04:01:06 AM by [SWISS]Merlin »

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager