Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Server latency question  (Read 1693 times)

Offline Pipez0r

Server latency question
« on: Monday, December 14, 2015, 10:44:55 AM »
Why can it be that my server latency went a bit up when 5 players were on? It was not something dramatical but easy to notice though. Is there anything that I can optimize, because it is surely not about bandwidth, cpu, memory or any resources I believe..

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: Server latency question
« Reply #1 on: Monday, December 14, 2015, 17:53:52 PM »
From the people I know, Merlin is the one who's been dealing with servers the most, I'm fairly certain if there's something to optimize he'll know what it is.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Pipez0r

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2015, 00:03:21 AM »
Hopefully Merlin checks this. It seems that either it was just a problem of that moment, or more connections caused the problem.

If its about the amount of connections, maybe theres something I can optimize either in server or vdsl router. I was also thinking about some udp packet optimizing. AA server is using udp, right? Maybe udp packet size needs to be changed?

Offline ronski

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2015, 01:01:00 AM »
maybe you need to email him, he said he is not coming to forum any time soon. You can email to him via his profile

Offline Pipez0r

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, December 16, 2015, 00:24:19 AM »
I found some old topic about it. I increased the maximum tick rates and put server running with high priority. Yesterday evening had 5+me on, and pings were the same than with less players. I would like to see hows it with full server. :)

Offline ronski

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, December 16, 2015, 05:19:07 AM »
I found some old topic about it. I increased the maximum tick rates and put server running with high priority. Yesterday evening had 5+me on, and pings were the same than with less players. I would like to see hows it with full server. :)
Let's give it a try tonight? Jump in ts around 21:00, Im trying to figure out couple of things in server settings as well.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, December 16, 2015, 05:27:46 AM »
You could also link to the old topic so the next person looking for something similar could find it more easily :)
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Pipez0r

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, December 16, 2015, 05:37:32 AM »
http://aao25.com/forum/server-support/server-cachesizemegs/30/

Above is the link. Especially that third page :)

sry, today evening I cant be on at all.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager