Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Running server manager on Server 2008 R2  (Read 5753 times)

Offline [HQR]Joe_Gunn

Re: Running server manager on Server 2008 R2
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, May 31, 2014, 23:38:58 PM »
I was just coming back to post that I didn't think it was the NAT loopback.  I did use that guide to do my setup.

When I try to join it says the server doesn't exist on assist server.  That tells me that there is something up with the authenticating with assist though I do get the AuthOK messages.  Also when I try to register my server with Battletracker it says a server is already registered with that IP and port.  Could that have something to do with it?

I've checked my SBS 2008 R2 firewall settings and they seem to be correct.  1716 and 1717 udp  Same settings in the router with my server selected to receive the port forwarding.

Is there some service I should look for to unblock?

Offline [HQR]Joe_Gunn

« Reply #16 on: Saturday, May 31, 2014, 23:49:49 PM »
I don't get this.  Battle tracker has the server listed and is tracking...

http://battletracker.com/aaoserver/50.47.122.205:1716/

AA 2.5 assist shows it in the deploy list.  The ports must be open and communications working or it wouldn't have the correct names, map names, slot count, password status etc.

When I try to join from the deploy page I get this...

Error: No record of this Game Server on the Assist Master Server, Cannot Authorise, Please try joining a different server. 

If there isn't a service being blocked then it seems like it has to do with the master server listing.  Is there some registration process I need to do that isn't mentioned in the guide?

Offline -{GcC}-Bockmist

« Reply #17 on: Sunday, June 01, 2014, 02:39:00 AM »
I can join your server now. So it seems that the basic configuration seems good. Don't know why it works suddenly - yesterday it didnt work for me. There is no registration needed.

We didnt write more about the firewall rules, because windows proposes the rules automatically.

So if you have the error with the "No record of this Game Server on the Assist Master Server, Cannot Authorise, Please try joining a different server." it sounds to be the NAT Loopback error - because we can join from WAN.
Try to find out, if your router / firewall supports this feature. Maybe it's called DMZ Server or something like that. Check the whole configuration possibility of your device, whith the manual.

If there is no way to turn this on, you have to buy a new device or you'll never can join your own server  :o
Fight or join (only german or siwss german speaking) us:

[email protected]

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #18 on: Sunday, June 01, 2014, 07:53:07 AM »
yep, its running now - password on and running

Offline [HQR]Joe_Gunn

« Reply #19 on: Sunday, June 01, 2014, 09:17:25 AM »
Thanks guys.  It looks like I'll need to turn off routed bridge and setup another router.

"DMZ Hosting is not available while configured for Routed IP WAN (Routed Bridge)"

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #20 on: Monday, June 02, 2014, 08:05:54 AM »
oh, ok.
thanks for the feedback.

Offline [HQR]Joe_Gunn

« Reply #21 on: Friday, June 20, 2014, 00:05:45 AM »
UPDATE

I finally got my new router installed.  I bought a TP-Link TL-WDR3600 router.  I changed my Westel 7550 Modem settings to static NAT and pointed it to my router.  This is supposed to turn off all NAT functions of my Modem/router unit, forwarding everything unfiltered or blocked by the modem.  I re-setup my home network, rebooted all the PCs. 

I Permanently assigned the IP to my SBS 2008 R2 server and port forwarded:
UDP 1716-1717
UDP 20046-20047
UDP 27900

I have firewall rules set on my server to allow the same ports

I started my game server.  Started the 2.5 assist client on my desktop PC which is on the same LAN.  I can still see the [HQR] Ghost Squad Server in the deploy browser.  It still says X for ping and server is offline.

When I enter the password and click join I get the error message that states:

ERROR:  There is no record of this Game Server on the Assist Master Server, Cannot Authorize, Please try joining a different server.

I'm still having trouble believing it was my router's settings or the NAT loopback issue.  It seems like AA Assist can see the server.  list it's name, map, slots and players on the server, but it cannot measure the ping and doesn't have it listed in its Master Server.

It shows up at Battletracker too.  http://battletracker.com/aaoserver/50.47.122.205:1716/

Unless something has changed since the last time you all tried to help me with this, I assume you all can still join it even though my error message says it's not even listed.

Before posting this I even tried putting the server in the DMZ on my new router with the same results.

Any other ideas or things I can do to rule things out or prove it's the NAT settings?

Offline [HQR]Joe_Gunn

« Reply #22 on: Saturday, June 21, 2014, 11:54:22 AM »
Can someone explain how a server gets listed on the "Assist Master Server"?  It would appear that either my server or my desktop PC is having trouble communicating with it.

Offline -{GcC}-Bockmist

« Reply #23 on: Monday, June 23, 2014, 07:05:57 AM »
Hi Joe
I can join your server.
So your portforwarding and your firewall are fine.
You have an internal network communication problem.
And i'm pretty shoure it is the Loopback.

You can test this with another service.
Install a Teamspeak 3 server and try to join it with the WAN IP from LAN.

Best regards
Fight or join (only german or siwss german speaking) us:

[email protected]

Offline [HQR]Joe_Gunn

« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, June 24, 2014, 15:34:33 PM »
Thanks, You're right.  I can't join my TeamSpeak server with the WAN IP.  I guess I have to assume it isn't something the SBS 2008 R2 is blocking since it is allowing it over the LAN. 

I did buy a new Router.  A gigabit wireless dual band yada yada.  I spent two weeks trying to find a good wireless router that had some reviews concerning hosting a server, but I was unable to find comments about that. 

The DSL modem I have from Frontier must be the problem even though I have turned on static NAT telling the model the router's IP is the router and NAT for my network.  I can't find anything else in the modem+router combo that I can turn on or off in regards to the loopback.  It does appear I'll need to find and install a 2.5 server that doesn't authenticate through assist in order to host a LAN party with America's Army.  That makes me sad.  It would be nice if I could at least get to a LAN browser tab in assist like I could with the original game.  Then this wouldn't be an issue for me.

Thanks again for your help all.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager