Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Poll

What should be done about server mods.

Ban modded servers (EDIT: please consider choosing the 2nd option as this one is not viable)
1627 (63.1%)
Stop tracking modded servers
344 (13.3%)
Keep modded servers
608 (23.6%)

Total Members Voted: 80

Author Topic: POLL, Server Mods  (Read 19055 times)

Offline rxcapitan

• View Profile
Re: POLL, Server Mods
« Reply #45 on: Sunday, April 28, 2013, 09:16:06 AM »
In 285 the moded servers werent tracked at first.and stilll they were full all the time.and before mods admin were simply  foreclassing.i think that these ppl who play there dont care about tracker theyplay for fun.if u want pl who play normal weap back open some competition.when wl and esl were up tere were always some full normal weap servers up..and voting with 100 votes shuldnt be relevant...think...majority of players play moded...so if they all vote they ll alwways win..but they dont know about this vote...so just let it as it is

Offline [TBB]Captain[HUN]

« Reply #46 on: Sunday, April 28, 2013, 10:04:15 AM »
Ban all the modded servers. all of them are bulshit and some of them unfair.this is one of the army games and not a shit modded high jumped speed changed fucked game ! paly with the normal weapons if you wanna play with manny weapons and mods go and play COD
 :banned: :rtfm: :makemyday:

Offline Rob_LD

« Reply #47 on: Sunday, April 28, 2013, 10:55:32 AM »
@rxcapitan

There were no mods in 2.5 / 2.6 /2.7 / 2.8 or any other version cause that was prohibited by the EULA of americas army.
The only thing allowed was Force Class.

Offline SilenceIKillU

« Reply #48 on: Sunday, April 28, 2013, 10:56:07 AM »
Well im all for modded servers its a choice guys. If you dont like them dont play on them simple as that. Ive been playing since the org. 2.5 and loved the mods in 2.5 and 2.6. bottom line is ....its your choice to play or not. Dont be like Obama and try to dictate our choices.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #49 on: Sunday, April 28, 2013, 11:01:15 AM »
Sorry, I'm too drunkk to read, but could someone  tell me to do so when tomorrow?
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline [TBB]Captain[HUN]

« Reply #50 on: Sunday, April 28, 2013, 11:26:27 AM »
Well im all for modded servers its a choice guys. If you dont like them dont play on them simple as that. Ive been playing since the org. 2.5 and loved the mods in 2.5 and 2.6. bottom line is ....its your choice to play or not. Dont be like Obama and try to dictate our choices.

yes you have right but the most servers are modded i guess there are more modded as normal.

Offline Rob_LD

« Reply #51 on: Sunday, April 28, 2013, 11:39:55 AM »
I don't think that most servers are modded.
As I just had a look at the currently played only 4 out of 13 are running any kind of mod.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Sunday, April 28, 2013, 12:18:09 PM »
this is a democratic vote, peoples opinion count for shit. only the votes matter.

To me a vote actually represents an opinion. Still, opionions do matter. The way of expressing it does matter aswell.

P.s. i've added a note to the 1st poll option so it could be a bit more clear.
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 28, 2013, 12:23:21 PM by Koden »

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #53 on: Sunday, April 28, 2013, 14:23:02 PM »
I miss my mandela how dit trow it out .!!!!????????????
[/b][/size][/color] :banned:

« Last Edit: Sunday, April 28, 2013, 14:24:41 PM by Vanoke »

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: Sunday, April 28, 2013, 15:20:24 PM »
I miss my mandela how dit trow it out .!!!!????????????
[/b][/size][/color] :banned:

-____________-''''''''' how on earth does Mandela and apartheid discrimination possibly link to potentially stop tracking modded servers...there's no need to use symbols to express that you feel like being discriminated, discriminating players is not the point of the poll that has been proposed.

Offline Choogelaar

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Sunday, April 28, 2013, 15:41:32 PM »
in the regular AA2 versions the moment there was a forceclass by admins the score diddnt count in the aaotracker and why should it be tracked now  to give people the oppurtunity to get higher rank and honor in the game ,,, just play the game how it came out instead of all the bs that been put on the servers afterwards , back in the day if you wanted a gun with a scope you had to join a SF map  if you wanted high jumping  you had to go bridge crossing and jump from the fukin BRIDGE   

AA2 is almost gone because of all the modderated shit that has been put on there cause some players like to , we had to host our own server and without honor if you wanted any of the crap nowadays,,
+ when you cheat or hack dont give them change after change after change just BAN them and keep the game clean

Offline Mixk

« Reply #56 on: Sunday, April 28, 2013, 15:49:01 PM »

In banning modded, do you really hope to "reeducate" those players by leaving
them no choice but to play on standard tracked servers ? Maybe so.
Considering that AA is for many of us addictive like smoking, modded freaks
would come back to play on standard servers if they have no choice, because
they need to play :D

This is kind of what they were thinking when we didn't all go play their buggy AA3. We will just quit supporting AA2 and drop the servers and then  the players wouldn't have a choice but to play AA3 if they wanted to play AA at all. Well we all see how that went over like a hot fart in church.
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Offline Choogelaar

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Sunday, April 28, 2013, 15:58:37 PM »
even if we would get money for playing AA3 i wouldnt even play that fcked up version anyway i never saw anyone in war getting a hs and a medic was able to heal him  wtf hey im a sniper i just gavethat guy a headshot hold on a have to secure him so anyone can see where i was possitioned  WTF  all they say is" we are making it more realistic"   well great job the only people i dont see jump is someone in a wheelchair  so AA3 Fck OFF  please

« Reply #58 on: Sunday, April 28, 2013, 16:13:42 PM »
Keep on mod servers, everyone is free to play on it or not, its only a option of the geme.

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #59 on: Sunday, April 28, 2013, 16:15:14 PM »
It was a reaction for a guy (`s) that needed it. but how dit trow it out !!!!!!    :down: :makemyday:

By the way is it possible that players can vote 2 or 3 or more times on this stupit idea  !!?? :rtfm: :down:

To me a vote actually represents an opinion. Still, opionions do matter. The way of expressing it does matter aswell.

P.s. i've added a note to the 1st poll option so it could be a bit more clear.
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 28, 2013, 16:23:52 PM by Vanoke »

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager