Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Round 9 (June 14) - Thursday Night Fights  (Read 9123 times)

Offline Alex

Re: Round 9 (June 14) - Thursday Night Fights
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, June 13, 2012, 15:59:04 PM »
Why don't you guys pick maps like Taiga and Oasis instead of the overplayed crap like UA, Pipeline, and Mout?

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, June 13, 2012, 16:01:37 PM »
Max is going to tell you that if you want your opinion known, hop on TS on Monday and voice your concerns.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Alex

« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, June 13, 2012, 16:06:33 PM »
Max is going to tell you that if you want your opinion known, hop on TS on Monday and voice your concerns.
Na, I'm not even going to play. I'm just wondering why everyone bitches about the same maps being played, yet they still play those same maps all the time instead of trying to get people to play new ones.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, June 13, 2012, 16:09:03 PM »
IMO, the maps shouldn't be chosen by people, instead randomly via code. That will get more people playing other maps.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, June 13, 2012, 16:18:32 PM »

Offline k!cker

• View Profile
  • AA: k!cker
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, June 13, 2012, 16:41:45 PM »
No one is complaining about the same maps being played except for the people who don't participate and post in these forums.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, June 13, 2012, 16:48:08 PM »
No one is complaining about the same maps being played except for the people who don't participate and post in these forums.

Comments like this make me think about how shitty the community is.

Offline k!cker

• View Profile
  • AA: k!cker
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, June 13, 2012, 17:00:38 PM »
Comments like this make me think about how shitty the community is.

How does my one sentence reflect on how shitty the community is? What I said is true and everyone who is apart of TNF (Max, {G.O.W.}, Head Hunters, Ak4) try and make the map selection as best as possible. The only negative comments/shitty things I see in this thread is bashing TNF on how lame the maplist is on people who have never shown up or even participated. Everyone has a chance to throw out new maps every week but no one really cares so the people who run it are going to pick the maps we wanna play. I myself try and get new maps voted in every week even mAAp maps but sometimes they just dont make it in. I'm sorry if I offended you with that one sentence but in its entirety its 100% true but all in all I think im trying to get the community united by supporting TNF.

Offline Gnar

• Nigga I'm Gangsta
    • View Profile
  • AA: -[Gnar]-
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, June 13, 2012, 17:02:41 PM »
Easy solution. Select 6 maps to play on (randomly of course), and have the people participating vote for which 4 maps will be played right before the match. BAM!
-Scrubz

Offline Ganja

« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, June 13, 2012, 17:02:53 PM »

You talking in general or for the thuray night fights? Cauz In general everyday you could find players complaining bout the fact full servers are only on hosp, pipe, urban and bridge ...

And yeah I don't even participate but I'd love to see more maps played in those Fights so there could be full severs of em every single day

Offline eKC0mm

« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, June 13, 2012, 17:04:26 PM »
I totally dig the random thing. except, if random means getting HQ Raid and bridge crossing 2 weeks in a row.... Well ill probably just kill myself. basically stay away from whatever algorithm TWL uses to randomly generate a map lol.

Its worth noting that 3 more popular maps have been chosen and that should probably be boiled down to a 'rare occurrence' in the map picking process.

Solution: Just pick new maps each week. way back when in CAL seasons 5 and 6 (maybe it was 6 and 7) we selected maps that would force players to learn new things and at the same time we threw in a few more familiar maps. So i propose this. Limit it to 1 or 2 more played maps each week. then pick 2 or 3 more underplayed.
eKComm - Team Non-Sense

Offline Ganja

« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, June 13, 2012, 17:08:35 PM »
So i propose this. Limit it to 1 or 2 more played maps each week. then pick 2 or 3 more underplayed.

Well I thought that system was used by TNF, That's why I was surprised of seeing UA,Pipe and MM, no need to start a war and start over reacting about the comunity

Offline eKC0mm

« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, June 13, 2012, 17:10:31 PM »
Max has been having little meetings on monday to decide maps. Maybe the maps reflect that meetings turnout?
eKComm - Team Non-Sense

Offline Gnar

• Nigga I'm Gangsta
    • View Profile
  • AA: -[Gnar]-
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, June 13, 2012, 17:12:10 PM »
So far the 4 most popular maps (that I can tell) are Pipe, Bridge, Hospital, and UA. So do this.

Randomly generate 5 maps (not including the ones above). 3 out of the 5 generated maps will be played, leaving the last open slot for the 4 I mentioned above. That way only 1 "popular" map will be played a week.
-Scrubz

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, June 13, 2012, 17:12:43 PM »
How does my one sentence reflect on how shitty the community is? What I said is true and everyone who is apart of TNF (Max, {G.O.W.}, Head Hunters, Ak4) try and make the map selection as best as possible. The only negative comments/shitty things I see in this thread is bashing TNF on how lame the maplist is on people who have never shown up or even participated. Everyone has a chance to throw out new maps every week but no one really cares so the people who run it are going to pick the maps we wanna play. I myself try and get new maps voted in every week even mAAp maps but sometimes they just dont make it in. I'm sorry if I offended you with that one sentence but in its entirety its 100% true but all in all I think im trying to get the community united by supporting TNF.

No offense taken. What I meant is that it reminds me how boring and repetitive the community is. Why do the same boring maps get picked? Because the same boring players pick them. I'm not bashing TNF, I think it's great to try and get people to play new maps (if they happen to get picked). TNF is a great way to get more activity in the community.

I don't play because it's difficult to have fun when you're playing the same static map over and over against whores that have played it constantly for years. It's so cyclical.

Having code randomly pick maps means that maps from last week can be excluded from the current weeks randomizing. It's very easy. Perhaps there should be another weekly event where seldom played maps are tried out?

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager