Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Future of AAO25.com  (Read 24589 times)

Offline dapand

• View Profile
  • AA: Panda
Re: Future of AAO25.com
« Reply #105 on: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 09:58:47 AM »
An in-game chat would be way better than using any of the ways you said since it would centralize all players that are actually logged-in to AA25. That way no third party software would be used to get a scrim which would greatly ease the process of getting one. Sure we can find scrims with using TS3 or anything, but the point is to get scrims faster and easier : if you want a scrim, say you get into that "Scrim chat request" then read some like "4v4 Pipe our serv" and just insta PM the guy !

Back in the days everyone was on MSN, now people use fucking Facebook to chat... MSN has been deserted. With MSN being still used by every team, I wouldn't request for a chat like Lifra did - as for now, we sure could use it ;)
@_@

Offline Pegesus

« Reply #106 on: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 12:35:31 PM »
why not just set up an irc like old days, ikno its still on a 3rd party app, but its less for the team here to do :p
CPU: Intel i7 o/c to 4.40ghz
RAM: 32GB Patriot Red
GFX: MSI GTX650Ti Boost
Sound: Creative X-Fi
Headset: Steelseries 4H
Mouse: Steelseries Kinzu v2
Keys: Cyborg v5

Offline dapand

• View Profile
  • AA: Panda
« Reply #107 on: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 13:13:29 PM »
Because IRC never worked out since it was harder to use and way less popular than MSN. Maybe people would use it now, we could still give it a go, however someone has to idle in it for the chat to remain active so that's a kind of commitment which we can't all do.

I don't know if implementing a chat in the AA25 lobby would be hard but I'm pretty sure it's the way to go. Then we would only have to log into AA to get a scrim which has never happened in any AA version ^^
@_@

Offline Pegesus

« Reply #108 on: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 13:21:07 PM »
irc did work when there was more competition teams and users
a site like cssmixes.eu would be awesome :p
CPU: Intel i7 o/c to 4.40ghz
RAM: 32GB Patriot Red
GFX: MSI GTX650Ti Boost
Sound: Creative X-Fi
Headset: Steelseries 4H
Mouse: Steelseries Kinzu v2
Keys: Cyborg v5

Offline LifrA

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 13:34:47 PM »
Sorry Lifra, I have to agree with Spanky on this one. You have all the ts ips anyway...

No i dont...

I just have urs, mortiferus, Polish, and now French guys ts...

I think the teams could share more ts.

For example creating a Team leaders section in this forum, where we could see everyone teamspeak with actual pw.

Offline LifrA

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 13:40:31 PM »
An in-game chat would be way better than using any of the ways you said since it would centralize all players that are actually logged-in to AA25. That way no third party software would be used to get a scrim which would greatly ease the process of getting one. Sure we can find scrims with using TS3 or anything, but the point is to get scrims faster and easier : if you want a scrim, say you get into that "Scrim chat request" then read some like "4v4 Pipe our serv" and just insta PM the guy !

Back in the days everyone was on MSN, now people use fucking Facebook to chat... MSN has been deserted. With MSN being still used by every team, I wouldn't request for a chat like Lifra did - as for now, we sure could use it ;)

100% Agree ;)

Chat would be really usufull.

I played some weeks a go a free game named Artic Combat, and it works more a less like Assist. There um had a chat where everyone could ask for live help about, kicks or configurations, and at the same time ther were many teams asking for a scrim, and that was really usefull and easy to find a scrim.

Offline LifrA

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 13:50:50 PM »
Sorry guys about spam...

But it can be usefull for everyone.

Im not good at IRC, neither have it installed, but someone who have it can create an oficial IRC channel:

Something like #AAO2.5_Scrim @ Quakenet.org.

And using the next link it would be easy to anyone acess and find for a scrim.

http://webchat.quakenet.org/#

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #112 on: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 14:48:34 PM »
There um had a chat where everyone could ask for live help about, kicks or configurations, and at the same time ther were many teams asking for a scrim, and that was really usefull and easy to find a scrim.

A lot of you guys weren't around when Assist did have a chat built-in. There was a lot of abuse, complaining and random people popping in saying "help me" and then "hello" 5 times before they left. It might work if there was admins/moderators there to help and watch for abuse and if everyone had Assist open just sitting there (which also puts more load/bandwidth on the Assist Server).

You're then talking about having it be in-game chat, that's a whole other realm of work & effort and it would most likely end up causing more issues because you have to use a DirectX hook. There's several other programs that do this already, FRAPS, XFire, Steam, TeamSpeak and adding another hook means a much greater chance of crashing something.

It's just not practical. It opens a huge door for abuse, complaining and hassle. Been there, done that.

I dislike IRC. It seems odd to setup and nobody knows how to use it anymore.

It would be great if there was a compiled list of TeamSpeak servers where users could freely submit their TS and it just shows up in a list.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Taxet

• View Profile
  • AA: Taxet
« Reply #113 on: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 15:35:40 PM »
Hi, used to play AA2 alot, have started a server and need to find download of AA2.5 any help would be appreciated.

Taxet{VISF}

Offline MothaGoosE

« Reply #114 on: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 16:00:25 PM »
Just download the Assist Client here on the main page: http://aa25assist.sourceforge.net/

Offline Taxet

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 16:07:39 PM »
Downloaded assist get a error message, running windows 8 :cry:

Offline BiG_SerGiO

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • "I got soul but i'm not a soldier..."
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese Warriors
  • AA: [PTwars]b!6
« Reply #116 on: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 16:37:08 PM »
Downloaded assist get a error message, running windows 8 :cry:

Ain't compatible with Windows 8.
"Three things can not hide for long: the Moon, the Sun and the Truth"?
Hmm?

https://vortexservers.com/clients/aff.php?aff=406

Offline Taxet

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 16:41:27 PM »
Laptop works great Win7, server is Vancouver Island Special Forces, {VISF}, 64.31.55.210:1726, I'm a bridge junkie.

Offline BiG_SerGiO

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese Warriors
« Reply #118 on: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 17:14:26 PM »
I posted before about a great system for getting scrims, same as CS and COD, etc players use but none cared, take a look now ;)
http://aao25.com/general-chat/gamers-portal/msg25986/#msg25986
Hmm?

Offline BiG_SerGiO

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese Warriors
« Reply #119 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 09:19:20 AM »
Well guys i got a few nice apply's but at the moment they can't offer what we are looking for and we don't have enough players to just accept Moderators. As the coding part we are working now with ELiZ and there should be an update very very soon, more maps, maps fix and updated cvars for our Tournament.

I would like to thank all that volunteered for this, those that really wanna help and see the community grow and even those that didn't say anything but that i do see everyday helping new players and players that have issues. I may not thank all of those but i do see it on forums and trust me, as soon we need more people i will consider all of those and will invite them.

So sorry for those that didn't get accepted for now, who knows soon ;)

For now... Hooah to Pegesus that will be our new Mod and will be responsible for the developing of our Forum and League Site.
Hmm?

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager