Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Critical Error  (Read 15214 times)

JonnyM

Re: Critical Error
« Reply #15 on: Friday, August 16, 2013, 16:01:47 PM »
I moved this thread to news, why don,'t it show on the front page?

Offline Ganja

« Reply #16 on: Friday, August 16, 2013, 16:02:50 PM »
It is, but at the bottom of it

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #17 on: Friday, August 16, 2013, 16:03:44 PM »
I thought it was due to it being a Sticky but I guess it's just the date it was originally posted.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
  • AA: Dav3
« Reply #18 on: Friday, August 16, 2013, 16:34:41 PM »
I have had at least 20 CE's since sai, Im now starting to play significantly less. Its a royal pain in the a55 crashing if i minimize. Multitasking is what i do.

PLEASE roll back SAI and fix this game. At least til issues are resolved. Its not worth changing if its going to cause all these crashes.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #19 on: Friday, August 16, 2013, 16:38:36 PM »
They are trying to fix the issue. Next time you got CE, try to report here what was happening ingame-outgame etc

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday, August 16, 2013, 16:44:58 PM »
They are trying to fix the issue. Next time you got CE, try to report here what was happening ingame-outgame etc

* I feel I need to say this 1st before my reply since others will flame me *
YES I love this game and appreciate those who spend time and money making it playable. BUT:

We are having updates forced down our throats, and this current one as absolutely destroyed the games stability. EVERYONE is getting game crashes.

Ill be in teamspeak with 10ish people, and 5 minutes doesnt go by where someone says " Sigh, critical error "

We also get a ton of people crashing and sitting idle. Others saying _ _ _ _ _  crashed, plz kick him so he can join again.

Its quite ridiculous, any company or other game in this situation wouldn't force the end user to deal with this, but here were are.

I dont want SAI, I dont want crashes, But if I disable SAI i get absolutely 0 compass / radar, and still have game crashes. Its sitting at a lose lose.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #21 on: Friday, August 16, 2013, 16:58:48 PM »
 Build AmericasArmy_Build_[2004-06-01_02.01.01]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 2128 MHz with 2934MB RAM
Video: Intel(R) HD Graphics (2104)

General protection fault!

History: UObject::ProcessEvent <- (InteractionMaster Package.InteractionMaster, Function Engine.InteractionMaster.Process_Tick) <- UInteractionMaster::MasterProcessTick <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level SF Hospital <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 706D7564 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

Happened when I tabbed out to open teamspeak

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday, August 16, 2013, 17:06:38 PM »
Any guesses on how many issues this will cause with the upcoming tournament, assuming it isnt resolved by then.

Ie discarded rounds, time wasted and so on

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #23 on: Friday, August 16, 2013, 17:06:44 PM »
Build AmericasArmy_Build_[2004-06-01_02.01.01]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 2128 MHz with 2934MB RAM
Video: Intel(R) HD Graphics (2104)

General protection fault!

History: UObject::ProcessEvent <- (InteractionMaster Package.InteractionMaster, Function Engine.InteractionMaster.Process_Tick) <- UInteractionMaster::MasterProcessTick <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level SF Hospital <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 706D7564 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

Happened when I tabbed out to open teamspeak

Can you tell me something about the situation?
Had you just joined?
were you dead or alive?

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #24 on: Friday, August 16, 2013, 17:07:35 PM »
Any guesses on how many issues this will cause with the upcoming tournament, assuming it isnt resolved by then.

Ie discarded rounds, time wasted and so on

And how are you helping?
We are working on a fix.

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday, August 16, 2013, 17:12:30 PM »
And how are you helping?
We are working on a fix.

It should still be in a beta phase if its premature for release. Not the current version.

I know a perfect fix. REMOVE sai and roll back until issues are resolved.

THEN release it again, if still or new issues, roll back again and keep working.

Cut your loses, accept it isnt up to par yet and keep working. I commend you on your work, but we should not be left with an unfinished and unstable game.

Things should be fixed behind the scenes from those who are not involved in development or beta testing and so on.

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday, August 16, 2013, 17:13:24 PM »
Think about potential new players that are just trying this game for the 1st time.

Are they going to put up with multiple game crashes an hour. No way in hell. They will quite literally think " fk this sh1t, what a waste of time".

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #27 on: Friday, August 16, 2013, 17:20:24 PM »
These crashes were not an issue in the beta test, we ran a server with several people coming and going with different settings and had no issues. These things happen; think AA3 or BF3 both were catastrophic failures even though there were paid developer teams, beta testers and complete access to the game's source code.

You guys should see if you still get the crash after disabling TS overlay, FRAPS and any other DirectX hooks.

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday, August 16, 2013, 17:23:15 PM »
These crashes were not an issue in the beta test, we ran a server with several people coming and going with different settings and had no issues. These things happen; think AA3 or BF3 both were catastrophic failures even though there were paid developer teams, beta testers and complete access to the game's source code.

You guys should see if you still get the crash after disabling TS overlay, FRAPS and any other DirectX hooks.

I have none of what you have mentioned.
Issue persists.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #29 on: Friday, August 16, 2013, 17:25:51 PM »
There's tons more, any GPU monitoring software such as EVGA Precision? It has the RTSS system built-in which will have in-game GPU stats.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager