Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Closing of Assist - Game Over  (Read 28401 times)

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Closing of Assist - Game Over
« Reply #105 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 09:15:40 AM »
I guess in the end the piece of shit douchebag pit23 got what he wanted

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
  • AA: Dav3
« Reply #106 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 09:15:59 AM »
So one of the admins went behind the back of everyone and installed a trojan to find hackers?

Who was the admin?

Major lines crossed. I mean granted I could see MAJOR faults in the way assist was run but I didnt think it would go this far.

Offline KARI-30

« Reply #107 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 09:17:51 AM »
Now its the right time to post Pit-23's phone number and address.

Offline 12ampage

« Reply #108 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 09:18:30 AM »
Let me give it to you this way, US Tax payer money paid for this so it does not belong to the army or Epic.

17 USC § 105 - Subject matter of copyright: United States Government works
Copyright protection under this title is not available for any work of the United States Government, but the United States Government is not precluded from receiving and holding copyrights transferred to it by assignment, bequest, or otherwise.

Epic screwed itself when entering the deal with the government/military. It's the law not their choice.

I have no legal background and would love to see AA2 source made available.  That said here is another argument pulled from that same thread:
17 USC § 105 applies to Government works but probably not to Military and Military subcontracts.

The way I see it, they aren't going to just give away the source code.  If someone wants it they would have to spend the time/money and go through lawyers to attempt to get it released.

Offline dtruesdale

« Reply #109 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 09:19:18 AM »
US doesnt care about Law, as they go and Spy w/e country they want.

So basically you have given up. Any ace you have isn't an Ace it's a joker as you see it. I was involved in buying a game a long time ago, it was Front Page Sports Football 98 ( The Franchise ) we spent 6 months on the project signed NDA's and raised of 2.3 million in capital only to have EA walk in and buy it all. It is what you call Madden today. They took Dynamix FPSF and made it Madden. I liked it as FPSF, I don't care for Madden. I still have FPSF and still play it. May not look as nice and real as Madden but it plays. I can also say we made the attempt. Can you?

Offline dtruesdale

« Reply #110 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 09:20:41 AM »
I have no legal background and would love to see AA2 source made available.  That said here is another argument pulled from that same thread:
17 USC § 105 applies to Government works but probably not to Military and Military subcontracts.

The way I see it, they aren't going to just give away the source code.  If someone wants it they would have to spend the time/money and go through lawyers to attempt to get it released.

Subcontractors fall under the same rules, unless the project is deemed classified/Top Secret. Then you will not see it for 60 years or better.

Offline alechko1

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 09:21:01 AM »

I guess in the end the piece of shit douchebag pit23 got what he wanted

Not sure what this whole thing has to with Pit... Wasn't Johnny just rage quit? Was it because of Pit?

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 09:21:29 AM »
So one of the admins went behind the back of everyone and installed a trojan to find hackers?

Who was the admin?

Major lines crossed. I mean granted I could see MAJOR faults in the way assist was run but I didnt think it would go this far.

was it indeed pit23? Or were others involved?

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #113 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 09:23:34 AM »
i have a wish. can you please make a step back for 24 hours.
do not see the program code, do not say "game over", just wait and do not disturb more please.
sometimes it needs really only a deep breathe and the world turns again.
thank you all - and maybe if someone gets some news about aa2, he will post it in here.

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 09:23:51 AM »
If the above is correct Johnny made the wrong choice. In deleting all the files and what not he is basically erasing evidence if they take this to legal action. Im no lawyer, but if this does indeed step on legal toes ( from Johhnys response I assume so ) he sure didnt go about things the right way.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #115 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 09:28:26 AM »
Pit has to do with Jonny's ragequit as he's constantly trying to hack the game. But he's not the main reason, as it is explained in here ...

Offline UNATCO

« Reply #116 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 09:28:36 AM »
Maybe the real game source-code was actually /like somebody suspected it years ago/ a spyware software in the first place...  That's why US Government will never relive the source to community...

Offline Yahoo

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 09:31:05 AM »
was it indeed pit23? Or were others involved?

For once Pit had nothing to do with the "privacy issue", at least directly.

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 09:33:23 AM »
The community deserves to know the whole truth.

Especially those who donated.

Offline -Diesel.iNv-

« Reply #119 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 09:41:19 AM »
Someone should grow a sack and tell their community whats really happening.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager