Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Change in policy concerning AutoHotKey  (Read 9247 times)

Offline ELiZ

Change in policy concerning AutoHotKey
« on: Saturday, October 26, 2013, 06:26:28 AM »
As of today, anyone caught using AutoHotKey will be permanent banned from 25Assist.

This was decided by this vote:
http://aao25.com/general-chat/auto-hot-key-bans/

This goes only for new bans.

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
Re: Change in policy concerning AutoHotKey
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, October 26, 2013, 07:19:57 AM »
Gif those players that play whit that hot key s a change that they know about this
I puth it on my facebook but not all will know about this .
so that they can chance there setting to play as it has to be.
And we don t loos more players  A 1 warning wood be on his plays

As of today, anyone caught using AutoHotKey will be permanent banned from 25Assist.

This was decided by this vote:
http://aao25.com/general-chat/auto-hot-key-bans/

This goes only for new bans.

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, October 26, 2013, 07:52:57 AM »
Gif those players that play whit that hot key s a change that they know about this
I puth it on my facebook but not all will know about this .
so that they can chance there setting to play as it has to be.
And we don t loos more players  A 1 warning wood be on his plays

The previous 1 week ban was a warning system.
A clear majority of the community want the 1 week gone.
I'll see what can be done to communicate to the users that cheating will not be accepted.

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, October 26, 2013, 12:35:31 PM »
glad to see this was taken serious

thank you eliz

Offline Mixk

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, October 26, 2013, 15:46:28 PM »
glad to see this was taken serious

thank you eliz
:sign_x2:
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Offline 1m50ry

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, October 26, 2013, 20:30:11 PM »
lol about time

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
  • AA: Dav3
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, October 26, 2013, 21:00:54 PM »
I am still not positive people actually know what its abilities are. I have a strong suspicion most people voted had absolutely 0 knowledge on it nor what i can do and think its an all out hack.

Perhaps one of the admins could actually give info on it and what it could do.

It looks quite similar to a program I used at one of my jobs to automatically fill ticketing systems for common problems.

For example you could set it to type certain shit, tab to next box, make selections and turn 2 min of work filling a ticket out into the press of a button and 5 seconds done n done.

Again, if this program only does what gaming software that comes with many gaming mouse and keyboards I dont see why it should be perma ban.

I am 100% for making decisions based on the MAJORITY but if the majority are making decisions based on 0 knowledge thats an ass backward system, and quite frankly retarded.

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, October 26, 2013, 21:05:02 PM »
That "poll" was extremely poorly put together. It did not have all required information to make an educated selection.

And Im fairly tech savy and didnt even vote because all the info wasnt there to make a proper selection.

You cant ask questions like that and not give all the info. AND CERTAINLY dont make decisions off them.

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, October 26, 2013, 21:35:59 PM »
That "poll" was extremely poorly put together. It did not have all required information to make an educated selection.

And Im fairly tech savy and didnt even vote because all the info wasnt there to make a proper selection.

You cant ask questions like that and not give all the info. AND CERTAINLY dont make decisions off them.

for the life of me i can't understand you at all, 1st u say u don't want cheaters playing and now this, come on man really, we all stated what the ahk does what more do u want??

even in game ur like this, if people don't play your way everyone is a noob & ect, people play to have fun not everything is about frag rate, try relaxing once awhile, not alot of people work as a team as u want them too, a

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, October 26, 2013, 21:36:33 PM »
Ask yourself 1 question Dav3;
What legitimate purpose does this application have for America's Army?

Personally, I'm stumped. I can't think of a legitimate reason for it but I can think of ways for it to be abused and used for an unfair advantage.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, October 26, 2013, 21:56:16 PM »
As usual the issue at hand goes above your heads.

Im tired of explaining things to people who clearly lack logical thought processes and abilities.

I will no longer burden this forum with my common sense and hope for improvement.

Please delete my account and all my past posts

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, October 26, 2013, 21:57:00 PM »
Forum account to be clear I will still be playing but not partaking in any forum shenanigans.

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, October 26, 2013, 22:10:04 PM »

i really hope they do

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, October 26, 2013, 23:14:14 PM »
As usual the issue at hand goes above your heads.

Im tired of explaining things to people who clearly lack logical thought processes and abilities.

I will no longer burden this forum with my common sense and hope for improvement.

This is hilarious. You obviously think you're smarter or more clever than you actually are. What's the problem? AutoHotKey can give an unfair advantage (doesn't matter how small or what it is) and has no positive useful benefit for America's Army. What more is there to discuss or query about?

I don't really care about your forum account, I'd much rather delete your game account so maybe you can appreciate the game instead of constantly finding ways to complain about it. Multiple people have commented about your poor attitude in-game as well and I've seen you ragequit. I can't recall off the top of my head anything positive from you so why do you play? I guess my lack of logical thought processes prevents me from comprehending that.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Dialects

« Reply #14 on: Saturday, October 26, 2013, 23:39:50 PM »
I am still not positive people actually know what its abilities are.
Neither positive nor negative. Uncertainty =/= Assertiveness. Maybe it would be better to ask?

I have a strong suspicion most people voted had absolutely 0 knowledge on it nor what i can do and think its an all out hack.
Suspicion is a man-made emotional state that considers the various possible outcomes albeit any factual coherence and/or the auspicious requirement for fact confirmation. Therefore it is unlikely that arguments based off and/or started on the ground of suspicion will ever retain or withhold any considerate value to them --unless a following discrimination of facts and its justifiers is to accompany it. As you so fondly affirm, it all revolves around facts...none from you so far.

Perhaps one of the admins could actually give info on it and what it could do.
Perhaps you could. You seem very knowledgeable in the current issue at hand. Help more. Bitch less.

It looks quite similar to a program I used at one of my jobs to automatically fill ticketing systems for common problems.
Ah! Helped you have. Now everyone understands that AutoHotKey is essentially but not quite the same as Ticketing Systems.

For example you could set it to type certain shit, tab to next box, make selections and turn 2 min of work filling a ticket out into the press of a button and 5 seconds done n done.
Remember that IQ test you mentioned? Usually, is such tests you are advised to think thoroughly prior to reaching a conclusion, appropriating yourself of it and consenting to it as being your decisive answer. In sum, think before doing. You'll do more this way.

I am 100% for making decisions based on the MAJORITY but if the majority are making decisions based on 0 knowledge thats an ass backward system, and quite frankly retarded.
1 - If you are 100% for making decisions based on the majority then why do you bitch/moan on each and every single one them?
2 - If you feel as though said majority has no solidified knowledge --therefore compromising the veracity of the poll, whence the integrity of the vote count-- why do you not instead make a positive mood and help change these current setters that so often seem to itch your frenetic ego?
3 - Your level of coherence is a backward ass system and quite frankly retarded.

Leave the questions remain as they are. They're...ah, rhetoric if anything.

Conclusion: You; that is, the image you export of yourself; are a contradiction to yourself; that is, the ideals you seem to withhold. This is the only fact you have presented me/us with and it is undeniably the only fact one can reach after connecting all of your posts and shared words as we try to make even the slightest sense out of it.

Think more!
/Dan

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager